QGJ vs Poggle

First off, thanks in advance for your help.

I currently run my (f2p) version of the meta lineup in Arena:
6* Sid (L)
4* Poe
4* Poggle
6* GS
5* Resistance Pilot

I will have a 5* QGJ in a couple of days. Does it make sense to replace poggle in the lineup for QGJ? My thinking is that the only reason I have poggle is for the round 1 buff. QGJ can also provide O-up, but it is only in round 2 (at the earliest) and is still RNG dependant.

Is the extra attacking power and assist call that QGJ provides worth losing my guaranteed o-up in round 1? With Poggle's buff and Poe's taunt, I can usually take out two opposing toons before my Poe dies, making it 4 on 3 (or even 4 on 2) more often than not. Not sure if I'm ready to lose this...

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Absolutely for this team. Just make sure his gear and skills are leveled
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Is RP really a good character? I've heard a few good things around here about him might swap out FOTP for him
    Post edited by RU486 on
  • Options
    I've been running pretty much your team. QGJ instead of poggle and I have Leia instead of RP. I have not lost a battle that I've personally played in the arena since making the change.

It's pretty strong , I think you would be happy with the change . Like what was said above tho, get him geared and leveled.
  • JayBeefed
    73 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Depends on the star level of your FOTP. If you can get FOTP to 6* or 7* when he gets the MASSIVE hp bump, then definitely stick with FOTP. But I don't have the $$ to get him that high. My FOTP is 3* and is made of... I dunno, wet kleenex?

Meanwhile, my RP is 5* gear 7 (almost 8) and he hits like a truck with bonus turn meter and decent health. Definitely one of the strongest dps guys for f2p behind GS. When GS calls an assist and procs RP, it's bye bye for most toons.

That being said, getting him from gear 7 to gear 8 is a HUGE pain. Just to give you an idea, it requires:
    20 mkVIII purple garbage can lids
    20 mkIV purple laptops
    50 mkIII purple remote controls
    20 mkIV purple hyposprays
    20 mkV purple laptops

That's 130 pieces of purple gear! Easily the biggest PITA of my characters so far. But is he worth it? I think so yeah... I can't wait to see what he does at 6* and 7*...
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have a an RP ready for promotions. Maybe I'll leveled him up and try him out. I do hear good things
  • Options
    I love my RP, but he's a poor man's (read: f2P) attempt to join the po-po/dps meta. If I had a starred up Leia or FOTP, I would probably roll with those instead...
  • Options
    I do have Both of them , so maybe I'll hold off using the credits and gear for now
  • Options
    If you have Poggle and QGJ on the same team....would the offense up stack? Or be redundant?
  • Options
    If you have Poggle and QGJ on the same team....would the offense up stack? Or be redundant?

Anyone know this? I'm wondering if I should go 6* on Poggle.
  • Curio
    24 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Just refreshes offense up!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    JayBeefed wrote: »
    First off, thanks in advance for your help.

I currently run my (f2p) version of the meta lineup in Arena:
    6* Sid (L)
    4* Poe
    4* Poggle
    6* GS
    5* Resistance Pilot

I will have a 5* QGJ in a couple of days. Does it make sense to replace poggle in the lineup for QGJ? My thinking is that the only reason I have poggle is for the round 1 buff. QGJ can also provide O-up, but it is only in round 2 (at the earliest) and is still RNG dependant.

Is the extra attacking power and assist call that QGJ provides worth losing my guaranteed o-up in round 1? With Poggle's buff and Poe's taunt, I can usually take out two opposing toons before my Poe dies, making it 4 on 3 (or even 4 on 2) more often than not. Not sure if I'm ready to lose this...

Thoughts?

I am in a similar situation. As much as team Nerf will want you to believe QGJ is totally OP I've found Poggle in certain teams is better circumstances. You'll want to experiment. I just had QGJ fail to give offense up twice in a row (about to report in bugs). Even if it does work there are situations in which Poggle will give the team offense up sooner and in a high dps match this can mean the win.

The top whale just dropped his QGJ for Poggle and his team is ruthless. Before a few days ago I was the first to have Poggle in the top 20
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Redundant
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Does QJC fail to give the offense up buff if his special is a finishing blow? I have had this happen to me a couple times now.
  • Options
    Thank you all!
  • Options
    QGJ needs to be 5 or 6 stars to shine. Poggle can shine at 4 stars. I'd select Poggle in a heartbeat
  • Options
    I think that the only thing keeping Sid in the line-up is his leader ability to be honest
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi