Can we just talk about dooku

I just played a squad arena game, im rank like 400 dropped around 200 rank overnight,

My team is all level 59 and i was playing against a guy who had a mix of 58-60, I wiped his team and by the end i had vader, boba, ig88 and jedi consular left against just his dooku, his dooku had no protection little health as was only 58 and blue tier gear i think it was vi, his dooku was getting three hits on every counter and every hit he was healing so every time i attacked he regained full health, there was no way for me to kill him,

I didn't even know he could heal himself in this way?

What should have been an easy win in a 4v1 situation i lost, i even applied so many debuffs to try and get the sabre throw or the execute off and even that didn't finish him off and then he re gained all his health again in counter attacks,

I haven't been playing long maybe a month, i hit rank 60 today and that was probably the most broken thing I have ever seen

Replies

• Options
    Darth Nihilus' leader ability gives all Sith health steal. Paired with Dooku, this can be quite powerful as you noticed.

Some ways to combat this...

Stun Dooku (stun means no more countering, so no more lifesteal)

Shock Dooku (prevents the turn meter gain and health steal. And buffs, but you won't find him gaining those in the situation you described)

Healing Immunity on Dooku (prevents the healing, which makes the rest of the fight pretty easy)
  • Options
    Kaerindal wrote: »
    Darth Nihilus' leader ability gives all Sith health steal. Paired with Dooku, this can be quite powerful as you noticed.

Some ways to combat this...

Stun Dooku (stun means no more countering, so no more lifesteal)

Shock Dooku (prevents the turn meter gain and health steal. And buffs, but you won't find him gaining those in the situation you described)

Healing Immunity on Dooku (prevents the healing, which makes the rest of the fight pretty easy)

makes sense now as he did have darth nihlus lead i completely forgot about that, god that can be so powerful in conjunction
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Lol Dooku the noob slayer strikes back.
    Lol Don't feel bad OP for players at early level Dooku is intimidated. Next time you fight him bring a stunner and that should solve your problem
  • Options
    I haven't seen a dooku thread in a while.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options

True, its like warping back to 2015. Calls to nerf him will follow shortly....
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Lol Dooku the noob slayer strikes back.
    Lol Don't feel bad OP for players at early level Dooku is intimidated. Next time you fight him bring a stunner and that should solve your problem

Haha
  • Options
    There are a lot synergies in this game that required you attention
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    we can talk about dooku but he doesn't need any tweaking.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    we can talk about dooku but he doesn't need any tweaking.
    I'm a bit disappointed with his Zeta, to be honest. Somehow feel 15% protection recovery would be more suitable for a zeta.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I though the same. Brings back memories. To be fair to the OP, paired with a Nihilus lead, this "version" of Dooku is much more difficult.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I though the same. Brings back memories. To be fair to the OP, paired with a Nihilus lead, this "version" of Dooku is much more difficult.
    True, but Nihilus lead also 'destroys' the most important part of his zeta abilities. Zeta Dooku is quite good with Boba Lead or Zader as well, IMO.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    1 year ago dooku did the same stuff. He could take out a full squad just by himself and attack/counterattack 10 times before anybody else gets a turn.
    With his recant buff; it made him great! His zeta is great and it allows him to be annoying to my shardmates like he truly was 1 year ago.
    Now that he can AB/stun on his basic is great. He is one of my favorite characters.
    Zaul/Zavage/zooku/ep/gk is my squad. I love it. Annoys everybody!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    You need Rey.

giphy.gif