What Abilities do You Wish You could have in an upcoming Character Release?

Prev1
I am interested to see what abilities the SWGOH community would like to have incorporated into their squad in the form of a new character release.

This isn't a "which character do you think ought to be added to the game" post, but rather the focus is on the abilities. If EA released a new character what abilities would you want that character to have in order to best fit with your gamestyle/current squads?

For me, I would love to see the Resistance get a support character, the most likely candidate would be General Organa.

and here are my dream abilities:

Basic: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 30% chance to grant a random ally defense up

Special 1: Each ally recovers 30% of their Max Protection
Omega: and all allies gain foresight for 2 turns

Special 2: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and Dispell all positive status effects on them
Omega: and inflict the opposite debuff on them for 2 turns, all allies that were not buffed have Potency Down inflicted (twist on GK’s ability)

Leader: Resistance allies gain 15% max health
Zeta: All resistance attackers, support, and healers gain stealth for 2 turns and resistance tanks gain tenacity up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter (auto-taunt without auto taunting, beats the speed meta without an increase in speed)

Unique: General Organa has an 10% chance per Resistance Ally to expose a random enemy at the beginning of each of her turns
Zeta: At the beginning of each encounter General Organa may select a resistance ally, that allies Leader ability is active for 4 turns

This is most likely slightly overpowered and so she’d need some pretty weak stats, but this would solve most of the issues with a Resistance team (which is fine, you don’t want any team to be perfect). Resistance teams currently suffer from:

1) No support character
2) No AOE attacks to take advantage of hitting exposed characters
3) No auto taunters
4) A heavy dependence on getting Poe’s taunt off successfully
5) No real synergy with Finn’s foresight-to-advantage ability other than in Rey
6) Difficulty in getting enough potency to land exposes and having to give up other needed mods
7) Poor on defense due to AI not handling exposed enemies effectively

These character abilities would answer the mail for issues 1-5, and personally I think they would be a lot of fun to have.

What abilities would you like to have?

Replies

• AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a troj horse.. Maybe jarjar could find his place then.. He has 3 abilitys
    Basic: trows a grenade which misses the enemy and damages all allys (10k dmg crits)
    Special 1: jarjar joins the enemys team (3-4turns cooldown)
    Special 2: starts on cooldown: a nasty b1 battle droids attached to his foot deals surprising dmg . Deals double dmg to droids.. (15k dmg crits)
    Unique: attacks cant be evaded, resisted,deflected,dodged,countered, etc
  • Options
    I like the general Organa abilities
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Someone who can force an ally to taunt
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    Allies are immune to instant deaths abilities
    Multiply the damage by the cooldowns of all allies specials
    Ignore stealth and deal 200% damage to stealthed enemies plus additional 50% damage to sith enemies
    Basic AoE (can't be countered)
    For each dazed ally, increase all allies max protection by 65%
    All enemies unique abilities are disabled, as long as this character is alive

• Options
    I think foresight for 2 turns is always a bad idea, but I would like to see more abilities grant protection gain, like dookus zeta,versus healing yourself, and protection gain should nullify any health debuff, but at the same like the new sith trooper, create more toons that ignore protection and go right for your HP. This game creates a really good sense of rock-paper-scissors like strategy for each characters strengths and weaknesses.
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Ignore stealth and deal 200% damage to stealthed enemies plus additional 50% damage to sith enemies

you must have a grudge against stealthers, lol. 250% damage on a sith stealther is a bit much, let alone 200%. It would depend on what the percentage gain is based on. if was multiplied on any sort of damage, than that is way too much. lets say you hit for 15k, 100% gain of 15k, is double, so 30k. make that 200%, thats 45k hit, now make it 250%, thats 52.5k hit. even if you average 8-10k hits with that 200%, you'll absolutely murder people.

And dont get me started on that increasing of max ally protection by 65%. If all 5 of your members have daze, and its a 65% gain for each daze, that's a 325% gain in percentage for each ally. if you have even 20k protection, thats now turned into 85k protection. Thats like trying to chop metal trees down with a wet noodle. Insane!
  • Options

Aww, did someone get beat by Zaul?
  • Garth
    42 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to see a toon which punishes teams that are too fast.
  • Options
    • Dispel all buffs and inflict buff immunity on a random enemy at the beginning of each turn.
    • Gain 10% TM every time an enemy gains a buff. If TM is full, gain Advantage.
    • Attacks that are evaded inflict unresistable Offense Down.
    • Rally: buff that grants 25% TM whenever an ally scores a critical hit. Attacks with Rally active ignore Critical Hit immunity. This TM gain can not be blocked.
  • Options
    I like the general Organa abilities

Thanks
  • Options
    AbyssalH wrote: »
    I like the idea of a troj horse.. Maybe jarjar could find his place then.. He has 3 abilitys
    Basic: trows a grenade which misses the enemy and damages all allys (10k dmg crits)
    Special 1: jarjar joins the enemys team (3-4turns cooldown)
    Special 2: starts on cooldown: a nasty b1 battle droids attached to his foot deals surprising dmg . Deals double dmg to droids.. (15k dmg crits)
    Unique: attacks cant be evaded, resisted,deflected,dodged,countered, etc

That's hilarious! I love it
  • Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »

That would be fun. A taunting Kylo Ren would be great. Also just a good way to spread the damage
  • Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »

That would be fun. A taunting Kylo Ren would be great. Also just a good way to spread the damage

Yeah it would be great for kylo, and could potentially make Old Ben relevant if it could actually get his unique to trigger

• SlabRankle
    285 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dispel on each enemy with +X% chance to Stun per Buff dispelled.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dispel a buff on a random enemy at the start of each round = speed = RIP auto taunt
  • Options
    I don't know who this would go on but: Deathmark target enemy for 2 turns. This ability ignores taunts. Omega: This ability ignores stealth and dispels stealth on target enemy.

Deathmark: Taunt as a negative status effect. Nothing else.
  • Cambo
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was thinking of a new ability for Grandmaster Luke if he comes out for episode VIII.

The Last Jedi (Unique) - as long as there is a living Jedi ally, Grandmaster Luke cannot be defeated. If he sustains any damage that would reduce his health to zero or less, he gains damage up, recovers %50 health and 100% turn meter, and all Jedi allies gain 25% turn meter.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    I like your zeta leadership idea @Obi_six_Kenobi
    Thats the kinda thing the devs need to look closely at.
  • Options
    Cambo wrote: »
    I was thinking of a new ability for Grandmaster Luke if he comes out for episode VIII.

The Last Jedi (Unique) - as long as there is a living Jedi ally, Grandmaster Luke cannot be defeated. If he sustains any damage that would reduce his health to zero or less, he gains damage up, recovers %50 health and 100% turn meter, and all Jedi allies gain 25% turn meter.

That sounds fun, sort of an opposite taunt, I like it
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I like your zeta leadership idea @Obi_six_Kenobi
    Thats the kinda thing the devs need to look closely at.

Thanks! Did you hear that devs?
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Resistance is so weak. Jedi as well
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also like a ban on new rebel characters for a year.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Put baze on a cantina node.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've had a funny idea in my head for C3P0 for a while:

C3P0: Rebel, support, droid, ewok

Basic attack: Dainty swipe: Deal minimal damage to target enemy and expose them for 2 turns. (picture C3P0 waving his hands at them ineffectually, but he distracts them enough for an ally to get them from behind)

Special attack: I told you so!: 3 turn coolddown. C3P0 incessantly scolds target enemy either lulling them into a stupor causing offense, defense and speed down for 2 turns, or enrages them causing offense up, defense up, and speed up for 2 turns. If the enemy enrages, C3P0 poops himself, regenerates 12% protection and calls a random ally to assist with 25% bonus damage, and grants them offense up for 2 turns. If R2D2 is present, he also assists.

Unique: Droid allies gain 15% potency, Ewok allies gain 10% health, and Rebel allies gain 15% offense while C3P0 is alive. If R2D2 is present, C3P0 gets 10% offense and defense. If R2D2 takes damage while C3P0 is alive, C3P0 calls a random ally to counter attack, if he does, reduce R2D2's cooldowns by 1.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'd like a debuff that do nothing except prevent dispel.
    The target can't remove negatives effects for 3 rounds
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »

Aww, did someone get beat by Zaul?

I never lost against zeta maul. This was just my guess, the devs will create to outpace current meta and add new op chars
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Basic attack: Dainty swipe: Deal minimal damage to target enemy and expose them. (picture C3P0 waving his hands at them ineffectually, but he distracts them enough for an ally to get them from behind)

Special attack: I told you so!: 3 turn coolddown. C3P0 incessantly scolds target enemy either lulling them into a stupor causing offense, defense and speed down for 2 turns, or enrages them causing offense up, defense up, and speed up for 2 turns. If the enemy enrages, C3P0 poops himself, regenerates 12% protection and calls a random ally to assist with 25% bonus damage, and grants them offense up for 2 turns.

Unique: Droid allies gain 15% potency, Ewok allies gain 10% health, and Rebel allies gain 15% offense while C3P0 is alive. If R2D2 is present, C3P0 gets 10% offense and defense. If R2D2 takes damage while C3P0 is alive, C3P0 calls a random ally to counter attack.

I like the C3PO and R2D2 synergy
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Basic attack: Dainty swipe: Deal minimal damage to target enemy and expose them. (picture C3P0 waving his hands at them ineffectually, but he distracts them enough for an ally to get them from behind)

Special attack: I told you so!: 3 turn coolddown. C3P0 incessantly scolds target enemy either lulling them into a stupor causing offense, defense and speed down for 2 turns, or enrages them causing offense up, defense up, and speed up for 2 turns. If the enemy enrages, C3P0 poops himself, regenerates 12% protection and calls a random ally to assist with 25% bonus damage, and grants them offense up for 2 turns.

Unique: Droid allies gain 15% potency, Ewok allies gain 10% health, and Rebel allies gain 15% offense while C3P0 is alive. If R2D2 is present, C3P0 gets 10% offense and defense. If R2D2 takes damage while C3P0 is alive, C3P0 calls a random ally to counter attack.

I like the C3PO and R2D2 synergy

Thanks I was half thinking about having R2D2 auto called if C3P0 calls an assist too. Might balance out that double edged sword a little bit more. What do you think?

• Dakk
    44 posts Member
    Options
    How about Wookie (or Chewbacca) ability...

"Pull the Arms Off" - Droid intimidation. Droid characters are not allowed to engage character willingly for two turns, and any droid area effects that impact the character results in 'wookie retaliation' with x3 damage.

• Options
    Mon Mothma

Leader : Rebels heal for x at the start of the turn, If the health is full, it will add to Protection.

Special - Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
    Transfer all debuffs on your allies to the enemy team.

latest?cb=20130404024511