Galaxy of Rebels?

Hi,

Like many of you, I enjoy playing this game. Like some of you, I have questions about the direction. To be more specific, let's just get this out of the way -

When will the rebel fever end?

To be fair, it's understandable that pulling the main characters (or heroes if you will) from the modern day cartoons as playable characters is well warranted. However, there is a distinct imbalance with the Rebel faction in the game. It's overbearing actually. Many shards are infested with rebels. Mainly that Biggs / Wedge combo that up to now, while beatable, is still overtuned and oppressive to new players.

The new addition of rebels and the neglect of others groups (droids, ewoks, jedi etc) is staggering and as this design model continues, it shows no sign of changing anytime soon. Not to mention, new characters (most anyway) always seem to have new, extremely powerful abilities. The new rebel tank for example, on paper, simply seems insane - dare I say, practically broken.

And with the lack of diversity which is mainly spawned from gated checks (Can only get counters through spending hundreds to thousands or waiting for a 1 in 100ish chance to find them etc. or the need for rebels to get Palpatine) it seems there is no end to this plight. The description on the game writeup reads something along the lines of playing your favorite heroes.

But that simply isn't the case.

You're either forced to play a very select few, mainly rebels since they unlock many other features, or you're banging your head in tedium facing a rebel team every other arena game. Win or lose, that is not very intuitive or fun. The problem stems from the root of the design model which is a natural rebel dependency and going outside this box makes gameplay experience quite limited.

There needs to be more options that detracts from rebel dependency. Chill on adding so many rebel characters and find other ways for players to play the game without the need for such a static function.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Thats why they have the phoenix tag.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta Maul says hello.
    Emperor Palpatine cackles by way of greeting.
    Droids are evergreen.

Not to even mention that there's more to this game than just arena...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    One must know the light if they are to fully understand the dark side of the force. You need to play with your rebels and learn how to beat them before using your dark side team.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Hi,

Like many of you, I enjoy playing this game. Like some of you, I have questions about the direction. To be more specific, let's just get this out of the way -

When will the rebel fever end?

To be fair, it's understandable that pulling the main characters (or heroes if you will) from the modern day cartoons as playable characters is well warranted. However, there is a distinct imbalance with the Rebel faction in the game. It's overbearing actually. Many shards are infested with rebels. Mainly that Biggs / Wedge combo that up to now, while beatable, is still overtuned and oppressive to new players.

The new addition of rebels and the neglect of others groups (droids, ewoks, jedi etc) is staggering and as this design model continues, it shows no sign of changing anytime soon. Not to mention, new characters (most anyway) always seem to have new, extremely powerful abilities. The new rebel tank for example, on paper, simply seems insane - dare I say, practically broken.

And with the lack of diversity which is mainly spawned from gated checks (Can only get counters through spending hundreds to thousands or waiting for a 1 in 100ish chance to find them etc. or the need for rebels to get Palpatine) it seems there is no end to this plight. The description on the game writeup reads something along the lines of playing your favorite heroes.

But that simply isn't the case.

You're either forced to play a very select few, mainly rebels since they unlock many other features, or you're banging your head in tedium facing a rebel team every other arena game. Win or lose, that is not very intuitive or fun. The problem stems from the root of the design model which is a natural rebel dependency and going outside this box makes gameplay experience quite limited.

There needs to be more options that detracts from rebel dependency. Chill on adding so many rebel characters and find other ways for players to play the game without the need for such a static function.

A pure rebel time alone is not viable for arena. Wiggs though grand, alone is very squishy and easy to place debuffs on. Zaul is a good counter for example, or shoretrooper to cover. GK makes jedi teams extremely viable to counter, and a maxed out droid team with EG is also very viable to beat a rebel specific team. First order team zeta is also quite op and could easily take down a rebel wiggs lando team. The problem is a wiggs lando meta team is the easiest to obtain right now which is why it is so common in arena, but there are plenty of viable alternative options. Sure there are quite a few rebel toons now but the Star Wars universe more or less revolves around rebel characters.
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I agree with the sentiment of the OP. He's not debating that Rebels are beatable, but they outnumber other factions by 3:1 or greater in many cases. And I like his point about new characters being far more powerful than originals....CG has been slowly addressing this as multiple characters have been reworked, but there are still many more that need it.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I agree with the sentiment of the OP. He's not debating that Rebels are beatable, but they outnumber other factions by 3:1 or greater in many cases. And I like his point about new characters being far more powerful than originals....CG has been slowly addressing this as multiple characters have been reworked, but there are still many more that need it.
    Thanks for the reply.

It should also be to note I get rank 1 daily using a dark side team under Vader and Maul leads, depending who I face. This post was not about them being beatable, but the domination and over-dependency of the faction ruining the game, especially against new players since those shards are infested the most with rebel teams.

• Options
    We do have an abundance of rebels, that much is true. But the really useful ones are still behind a pay wall (80 crystals per shard in shipments included). And even Chaze is on its way out of the top according to the forums.

So how about some quality over quantity and availability to go with it for rebels?

I'm sick of the empire's rule already.
  • Options
    Your saying droids get no love..... and yet one of the Rebels released is a droid.

If they release R2D2 he will be a Rebel droid as well.
  • Options
    We do have an abundance of rebels, that much is true. But the really useful ones are still behind a pay wall (80 crystals per shard in shipments included). And even Chaze is on its way out of the top according to the forums.

So how about some quality over quantity and availability to go with it for rebels?

Quality over quantity would be preferable, though diversity would be nice as well to keep the game fresh.
    Your saying droids get no love..... and yet one of the Rebels released is a droid.

You're*

That was a generalization of the factions, exceptions always apply. The new rebel tank is a Jedi as well for example.
  • Options

Quality over quantity would be preferable, though diversity would be nice as well to keep the game fresh.

You're*

That was a generalization of the factions, exceptions always apply. The new rebel tank is a Jedi as well for example.

Your're Still complaining that they added and a droid and a Jedi just because they have the Rebel tag to them.

When they all clearly work best with the Pheonix tag.
  • Options

You're*

Your're Still complaining that they added and a droid and a Jedi just because they have the Rebel tag to them.

Did you actually read the OP and understand it or are you posting for attention?
  • Options

You're*

Did you actually read the OP and understand it or are you posting for attention?

Well you clearly stated they are neglecting the droids and the Jedi.

They are adding 2 jedi and 1 droid.
  • Options

You're*

Thanks for the reply.

Read the post, the entire post over again, and this time - very carefully.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Rebbellllllsssssss
  • Options

You're*

Thanks for the reply.

So you dont want to bang your head against a Jedi because hes a Rebel?

Youll hate this addition to Droid teams because hes a Rebel?
  • Options

You're*

Thanks for the reply.

So you dont want to bang your head against a Jedi because hes a Rebel?

Youll hate this addition to Droid teams because hes a Rebel?
    Is English your native language? Just curious.

Summarized it easier for you to understand:
    This post was not about them (rebels) being beatable, but the domination and over-dependency of the faction (rebels) ruining the game, especially against new players since those shards are infested the most with rebel teams.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    I do get where you are going with this post. sure there are a lot of rebels coming out, but if you do take a step back and look at the star wars universe as a whole, I think you will see that there are an over abundance of rebels there. We have the original trilogy, rogue one, and a popular show literally named rebels. It makes sense why there would be this many. Also, the empire just got extra characters with rogue one release, as did the Sith. I do not see the amount of rebels to be disproportionate in regards to the source material.
  • Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    I do get where you are going with this post. sure there are a lot of rebels coming out, but if you do take a step back and look at the star wars universe as a whole, I think you will see that there are an over abundance of rebels there. We have the original trilogy, rogue one, and a popular show literally named rebels. It makes sense why there would be this many. Also, the empire just got extra characters with rogue one release, as did the Sith. I do not see the amount of rebels to be disproportionate in regards to the source material.
    Thanks for the reply.

Another poster pointed that out too, and that is undeniably true. However, as a game, and for game health, are we doomed to an inevitable fate of rebel imbalance? My worry is the eventuality of rebels being so over-dominating that it ends up being rebel vs rebel vs rebel. This effect can happen months from now or even a year, but it is a realistic possibility.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    I am sure DEV has all the data on their customers and potential customers, level of spenders and F2P etc. And if they decide to go more rebels, they have their reasons. Ones on forum are only a small % of player base.
  • Options
    DrewR wrote: »
    I am sure DEV has all the data on their customers and potential customers, level of spenders and F2P etc. And if they decide to go more rebels, they have their reasons. Ones on forum are only a small % of player base.
    I cannot deny anything you said there. All that may well be true, especially the last part. Forums are certainly less than 1% of the population.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

Another poster pointed that out too, and that is undeniably true. However, as a game, and for game health, are we doomed to an inevitable fate of rebel imbalance? My worry is the eventuality of rebels being so over-dominating that it ends up being rebel vs rebel vs rebel. This effect can happen months from now or even a year, but it is a realistic possibility.

Possibly, but unless episode 9 comes out with loads of more rebels, I think they have covered all their bases as far as rebel characters goes, and as I believe you read my post before this one, there are differently viable alternatives if not better ones to defeat rebel teams. But I do understand where you are coming from. Just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply.

Possibly, but unless episode 9 comes out with loads of more rebels, I think they have covered all their bases as far as rebel characters goes, and as I believe you read my post before this one, there are differently viable alternatives if not better ones to defeat rebel teams. But I do understand where you are coming from. Just have to wait and see.
    Right and apologies for the mix up. That earlier post was indeed yours. I suppose the main reason for this thread was to express these concerns and hopefully, they'll take this feedback into consideration.
  • Thinice
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Arguing this is like arguing why do we breathe oxygen. FFS. Have any of you watched the Star wars movies? They are essentially about the rebellion defeating the empire. Told from the rebellion point of view. This argument is stupid.
  • DarthCPA
    161 posts Member
    Options
    And while we're at it, can we deal with all these Sith who are dominating arena? Seriously...in my shard's top 50, 28 of them are either led by Maul, Vader, EP, or Nihilus. I need more Rebel teams so my EP can shock them all.
  • Options
    DarthCPA wrote: »
    And while we're at it, can we deal with all these Sith who are dominating arena? Seriously...in my shard's top 50, 28 of them are either led by Maul, Vader, EP, or Nihilus. I need more Rebel teams so my EP can shock them all.

Well let's see sith can use the force, shoot lightning, block lazer... Rebels can what? Shoot blasters with extreme inaccuracy?
  • Options
    It is becoming just a rebel world