Chromium Mega Pack Glitch?

Hi everyone, I was hoping you could help me confirm something.
I'm a F2P player, and have been saving my crystals for ages so that I could get a chromium Mega Pack. I finally just got enough credits to get one, however it said "guaranteed character" on the picture, but all I got was 12 shards for lots of characters I don't have and one I already have. Should I have gotten at least one character, or did I misunderstand the "guaranteed character" message?
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Options
    You should have got a character, however if you have them already, it would be converted in to shards.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    I didn't get any new characters, and for the shards on the character I already have I only got 4, that doesn't seem right to me :/
  • Options
    What was the character you already had?
  • Options
    IG-86, which is annoying because I don't really use it any more :/
  • Options
    Doesn't help you now, but I would avoid Chromium packs. It's basically gambling and a waste of money. Use your crystals for energy refreshes IMO.
  • Options
    You are guaranteed a hero drop. If you already have that hero then shards only.

That's the RNG and reason why packs are a horrible way to gain/star heroes. Unless you're a whale.
  • Options
    IG-86, which is annoying because I don't really use it any more :/

Yeah IG86 unlocks at 1* so you'll only get 7 shards for him :(
  • Options
    I'm not spending real money on it and I'm happy to wait for my stuff to replenish naturally because I tend to play before, after and during work lunch breaks. It's just irritating waiting for like ~2 weeks to save, then not getting what I assumed was basically a promise :/
  • Options
    It dropped a full character, unfortunately you already had him. It's better to spend your crystals on energy refills.
  • Options
    I'm not spending real money on it and I'm happy to wait for my stuff to replenish naturally because I tend to play before, after and during work lunch breaks. It's just irritating waiting for like ~2 weeks to save, then not getting what I assumed was basically a promise :/

Even if you aren't spending real money you are wasting your time saving the crystals. Use your crystals for energy refreshes and farm shards in Cantina battles & Hard battles while getting better gear, abilities, and leveling up your current roster.
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's been shown, I've done spreadsheets on it, you can get around 10-13 shards of your own choosing for the same cost as a chromium pack by using refreshes.

Plus all the extras that come with farming, xp, credit, td, gear etc
  • Options
    Yeah, seems like it makes sense. I'll probably just refresh from now on haha. Thanks guys :)