Emperor Demise event - Is Lando required?

Davien
13 posts Member
edited March 2017
I currently have these toons: https://swgoh.gg/u/davien/collection/

Biggs 7*
Ackbar 7*
Leia 6*
St Han 6*
Lando 7*
Wedge 5*

Is Lando required in the team to beat 7* Palpatine event? And I'm currently farming Wedge now (5*), maxing out St Han and Leia to 7* too.

I find Lando performing quite poorly even at VII gears - maybe coz I lack crit mods (can't farm them as I don't have a Jawa team).

Can I just replace Lando with Wedge? Maybe even putting Wedge as leader? Or leave Ackbar as leader? Or max out Lando instead with crit mods (need to farm up Jawas)? Planning for the next Palp event in 3 mth's time. So far able to beat 6* Palp only.

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    No Lando isn't necessary but he does help out quite a bit, as long as he is critting he is still damaging palp while the rg are taunting. And I found it best for me to run wedge lead.
  • Options
    Lando probably puts out more average damage in less time than almost any other character in the game if he gets rolling properly. Put Wedge as lead and watch him half fill his turn meter on each of his back to back AOEs. Gear 7 is rather weak though, he would really benefit if you can get him to at least gear 8 before the event ends.
  • Options
    A lot of toons don't shine until G10 or even G11, lando is probably one of them.

G11 Lando, G10 Wedge (L)/Biggs and G10+ STH with above average mods can auto it, I did.

All four are very good, all around toons useful in almost all areas of the game including arena and heroic raids. You can't go wrong putting resources into them. They may be boring but everyone has them and hates them for a reason.
  • Options
    I just finished Palp on 7* with following squad:

- Wedge (L) --> Worked much better for me than Akbar! His heal is much better than Akbars tenacitiy.
    - Biggs --> I think he is key and not replaceable! His ability generating Turnmeter on enemy hits is huge and I would not have finished this event without him.
    - Lando --> His damage output is excellent and his ability to damage the Emperor through taunts finished Palp off very early during my successful try.
    - Akbar --> He allowed three AOEs in a row (Wedge, Lando, Lando) and that killed EP after hitting him very hard with the Wiggs Combo.
    - STH --> I think he is key too, because of his taunt protects the damage Dealers.

All of them level 75 and Gear 8 or 9

I guess you can replace Lando with any other hard hitter like Leia or maybe Luke, when his level is high enough, but his AOE worked very well for me.
    If you could only imagine the power of the dark side!
  • Options
    Lando isn't needed but he is nice to have
  • Davien
    13 posts Member
    Options
    A lot of toons don't shine until G10 or even G11, lando is probably one of them.

G11 Lando, G10 Wedge (L)/Biggs and G10+ STH with above average mods can auto it, I did.

All four are very good, all around toons useful in almost all areas of the game including arena and heroic raids. You can't go wrong putting resources into them. They may be boring but everyone has them and hates them for a reason.

yeah lots of work to do to improve them to gear 10 to 11.. sigh sometimes i'm tempted to spend them on insta gears from the shop ($$$).. pay to win but those purple gear really takes forever to up esp when past lvl 8 and 9.
    I just finished Palp on 7* with following squad:

- Wedge (L) --> Worked much better for me than Akbar! His heal is much better than Akbars tenacitiy.
    - Biggs --> I think he is key and not replaceable! His ability generating Turnmeter on enemy hits is huge and I would not have finished this event without him.
    - Lando --> His damage output is excellent and his ability to damage the Emperor through taunts finished Palp off very early during my successful try.
    - Akbar --> He allowed three AOEs in a row (Wedge, Lando, Lando) and that killed EP after hitting him very hard with the Wiggs Combo.
    - STH --> I think he is key too, because of his taunt protects the damage Dealers.

All of them level 75 and Gear 8 or 9

I guess you can replace Lando with any other hard hitter like Leia or maybe Luke, when his level is high enough, but his AOE worked very well for me.

you're officially my inspiration.. gear 8 or 9 is still doable.. o:) will try out your squad in the next event! Many thanks! <3
  • Options
    I'm already fuzzy on who I used and it was only months ago lol I don't know how some of you remember these details
  • Options
    Had wiggs G8
    Ackbar G8
    Luke g7
    Lando G8

All level 78 and 7* it after a couple failed attempts
  • Options
    Cant seem to find this: do you need 5 5* rebels to even start the event, or can EP be unlocked at 5* with 4 rebels as well?
  • Options
    Cant seem to find this: do you need 5 5* rebels to even start the event, or can EP be unlocked at 5* with 4 rebels as well?

Need 5 5* rebels. It's easy enough. Any of them at G7 and g8 should do.
  • Options
    Moved to Events.

No one is "needed", but some characters are better. Your Lando is already 7*, so use him. Wiggs, Leia, STH & Lando are a good comp for Palpatine's event.