How good is Finn?

He says he is balanced between offence and defence. So does he have alright health and alright damage? With the peo nerf I might just use him. I like have one guy from all three sagas. Ig88 from the original trilogy. Ig86 from the clone wars and Poe from the latest saga. I want at least one good guy that's why I have a resistance person. Rey is hard to farm.

Replies

• Options
    Finn isn't in the same league with Rey and FOTP if that's what you're asking.

His primary hits hard the first time per target and his third skill has a stun/expose component that is nice. His second skill is worthless in arena and decent in GW.

His health is fine, not too squishy when geared/starred up and his resistance synergies are good. I use him in GW a lot and he does great in my B squad for focus and control.

He doesn't see much in high ranked arena due to his speed though.

He's easily the shortest farm between him, Poe and Rey though.
  • Options
    Slow and wastes a turn on self buffing, which immediately gets wiped out of he's hit twice. Stuns with his special, he's a suicide squad member in GW.
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I still use him cos i have a team of Rey and Poe. And i just need the trio on my team to make myself cool

Edited. Language
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    He has a good leader ability for a resistance team
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »
    He has a good leader ability for a resistance team

Poe's is far better
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    One of the worst fights I had in the arena was when I come across a Finn and left him alone for a while... partly cause I never encountered him before... Before I knew it a couple of bad stuns... I lost some of my glass canons quite easily...

To the unsuspecting he can be quite deadly.... however if people come in prepared to deal with Finn, he's not difficult to overcome.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Only problem for Finn (in defense) is he wastes a turn for defense up and adventage. That's more armor and more armor penetration. Currently armor is totally useless, so he wastes a turn doing nothing
  • Options
    Borrowed a 7* Finn from someone this week. Mine is only 5*. Anyway, his basic hit for 4500 and he has a ton of health. Unfortunately his stun is not reliable at all. Nor is his expose ability. Solid, but unspectacular toon.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    I have him 7* max geared. Kept hoping he would shine (starting farming him exclusively instead of Kylo when released.).

He's a let down. Good HP, decent to high first attack.

Going to replace him in arena with geo sold as soon as I have some spare cash and energy to finish paying the stars, levels, and gear upgrades.

I put all my resources into farming resistance toons from the start.

If Finns's second ability gained turn meter manipulation, a taunt, or anything that would actually be worth a turn, he'd be solid.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Finn is great, (particularly as a leader, and not just for resistance characters) so long as you're controlling him. Problem is, the AI loves to use his specials far too much, depriving him of his basic (which is HUGE).

So... Finn is GREAT for missions/challenges, but terrible at defending arena positions.
  • Options
    Finn is a good hero. His basic hit does a lot of damage the first time and isn't too shabby when it's used afterwards. His buff hasn't really been necessary to use or upgrade thus far but his stun goes down nicely as well.

He's described as a tank but has no taunt and does not generate much threat so I imagine he has tank status based on his HP.

He's been a stable of most of my squads so far Tbh until I can get a decent glass cannon levelled he's filling the spot
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    I need help with light side missions and need a light side allie. My light side is very bad trying to beat level 7 tier of missions.
  • Options
    I use a 4* Barris. She is awesome. Message me if you want to borrow her.
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »

I already have her. My light team is 6*Jc 4*barris 3*poe, han and chewy.
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »

I already have her. My light team is 6*Jc 4*barris 3*poe, han and chewy.

You should use both Lumi and Barriss as leader for the HoT and you'll be fine. You can even auto the battle.

• Options
    Finn is one of the better heroes to have. Tanking and full of good synergy with other heroes. I love his power. Very strong! I love his 3rd ability, STUN!!! Finn at 6* is one of the best. I'd recommend with Han and Rey.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Finn is one of the better heroes to have. Tanking and full of good synergy with other heroes. I love his power. Very strong! I love his 3rd ability, STUN!!! Finn at 6* is one of the best. I'd recommend with Han and Rey.

One of the best what?
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

One of the best what?

Hahaha, I had the same reaction :lol:!