Will droids get some love soon?

Replies

• Options
    I solo your whole droid team with anhilliate.
  • Options
    First, anyone who says that droids are one of several meta teams probably also say atm machine because they don't understand acronyms.

Second, anyone who thinks droids are meta hasn't played the game in the last six months.

Finally, I don't see anyone asking for droids to become op. I see people asking for a zeta to the faction and a grevious rework.

Should they get a zeta? Sure. Should other factions get a zeta and a rework? Definitely. Jedi need some love for sure. Night sisters could really use Talzin with their complete Maury Povich Makeover. Grevious could at least get fine tuned so he doesn't use his aoe on single enemies.

In conclusion, don't be butt hurt because you have nightmares of Poe and droids from half the game life ago.
  • Options
    Droids are Pokemon to nihilus.
  • Options
    Droids certainly don't need a rework like FO or Resistance. They just need a Zeta leader or Phoenix lik sharable ability to combat the total-forsight, permanent-dot, always-stealthed zetas other teams received
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like a Zeta on Tarkin's leadership, and a Stormtrooper rework so we can get a true Empire meta, instead this Empire/Sith hybrid. Most of which only have 2 or 3 Sith anyway, and then 2-3 non Empire/Sith characters. Plus Empire has never been meta before, at least not Tarkin lead anyway.

Lucky for me, with Rebels characters being added, I'll get a Thrawn Empire meta soon enough. And like I said originally, Separatist haven't received any love. So both of our preferred factions have hope on the horizon. More than other factions have unfortunately.
  • Options
    Im always down for a buff or two with my droids; it'd be nice to bump myself up a couple more ranks. However, I'm happy with my droids as I can make top 100 on a 2015 shard and they aren't even fully geared, but I'm a firm believer that all factions should have trends and synergies together. They don't have to be the meta just because it's a full 5 team. hell it doesn't have to be top 100 worthy, but it'd be nice that if fully geared and with enough mods night sisters or Tuskens can become at least a little decent.

What I mean by trends is that droids have crits, bounty hunters have multi attack, clones have assists, Jedi have counters, etc. there's a ton of factions who could use a bit of buffs and not the "1 at a time, this is your new monthly meta" reworks that we've been getting recently. For example the two nameless night sisters, give them healing and NS revival abilities so that night sisters are basically the zombie class of swgoh, relentless revives would be to them as how non stop crits are to droids.

However in order for a team to be great you'd have to theory craft a bit. For example people throwing kenobi in a zeta resistance team for the random Foresight.

Sorry for going off topic from the "buff an already decent team" thread and ranting about something hardly related
  • Options
    I'm no droid user, but even FO got a rework, and you have only 2 named FO characters. Don't make em OP, just show them a bit of love like reworking Grievious. Droid's rely on Jawa Engineer and HK47 to shine. Just add a couple of decent toons that boost droid survivability. And make Grievious forced taunt target only tanks, cause it is a shame when that hard hitting, low survivability IG88 taunts.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Options
    I want that all factions like Tusken, Nightsisters, and Jawas to be updated and made like they were.
    We have more Jedi than Sith, but overall Sith have more viable toons
    We have more Rebels than anything, but really, only some are useful. I mean, who uses a **** Lobot when you can use Biggs? But Biggs barely did anything, except help Luke blow the Death Star by guarding him. Whereas Lobot actually fought and helped Lando keep the Imperials off Leia, Chewbacca, C3PO and R2D2.
    Bistan was barely shown, but we have him instead of Bodhi Rook.
    Nightsisters should be given synergies with Maul and Opress.
    Grievious was a great warrior, as Carth would have said, but HK47 only helped Darth Revan assassinate some Organic Meat-Bags.
    Make Characters more like they were in the movie and books and games, etc.
    Tuskens would kill Krayat Dragons, run if anyone came, come back and feed the remains of the person who startled them to their pets.
    I want reworks of NS, Tuskens, Droids(Some), Jedi(Some like Mace and Koth), etc.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Options
    VektorT wrote: »
    So I invested in a droid team and it paid off very well so far, I was able to always be top10 and sometimes even #1 when the ranking favours me. But I'm starting to lag behind. All those new characters and reworks sometimes seen like to cripple droids for good. So many characters has team wide passives that grant bonuses whatever they receive a critical hit, Rex and Maul lead totally trash droids and sometimes even Biggs with his constant 100% turn meter gain. Droids seens to have nothing to add when you are fighting for the top10 and people starts to show up with zetas and OP rare characters.

So... are droids at least in the plan to have a reword? To gain some zetas? To gain some new chars (maybe B1 and Droideka) that unlike K2SO, Chopper and likely R2-D2 have a real sinergy with other droids and something to add to change the almost frozen droid meta of HK lead, IG88, IG86, B2 and JE? Can Grievous at least be made useful? Maybe even some ships??

So they finally change up the meta and the outrageously fast, hard hitting, heavy crit droids can't keep up? Good. They still do everything they're supposed to do. Adjust teams. Try different combos. Droids really don't need love.
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't get all this "hurr durr he want droids op" or "farm another team". Is that what I wrote? That I want them OP? Who even said I don't have another viable team? I just like the droids not just ingame but also in Star Wars universe and while I see a lot of teams gaining new chars, reworks, zetas and ships, droids are getting none. They could at least rework Grievous who is propably the longest farm in the game.

Then people come like "droids was meta long ago, nice they are done". What's the point? Because once they was good they should never be good again!? So you should be very **** with Nihilus right now, right? And also with Phoenix squad too, yes? Both siths and rebels are the current meta, rebels for a long time, and was super strong even before the last new powerful chars was added to them. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just ASKING, not demanding, if droids are in the plan to get anything new too because they stop being fun to play because is always the same stuff with 0 innovation. I must even ask if some guys here can even read and properly interpret a text because they are arguing against things I never said. I'm sorry if you have problems in another thread, but dont come here **** about something that I wasn't the one who said.

Again, I'm ASKING, not demanding anything. And what I'm asking is if there is any plan to give the droid faction something new. I never said "buff droids", I'm asking if they will get anything soon be it a rework, a new char or at least a ship.

Also, like another guy said, the droids getting some attention can be a consequence of the Separatists faction being made viable with a Grievous and IG-100 rework together with other separatists toons, a new char like droideka and a a proper lead for them.

Also I don't get why you come here asking something and people start to be rude and talk to you like if you was stupid or asking for something impossible just because they disagree with you. It's not only impolite but also childish. I think we are all grow up and well educated here or am I wrong?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    The thing is, Droids already are OP. They might not be meta anymore, but they're still stronger than the vast majority of other stuff.
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »
    The thing is, Droids already are OP. They might not be meta anymore, but they're still stronger than the vast majority of other stuff.

True, but also because the vast majority of things are really underpowered when compared to the meta, droid or not.
  • Options
    droids are really good as is, and this is coming from a droid player. all they really need to stay competitive is a zeta. there are more droids coming, and most of the droids we have to work with at this point are generic. wait til r2, c3, 4lom arrive.. then complain about non-meta.
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    droids are really good as is, and this is coming from a droid player. all they really need to stay competitive is a zeta. there are more droids coming, and most of the droids we have to work with at this point are generic. wait til r2, c3, 4lom arrive.. then complain about non-meta.

I know droids are good, like I said I can climb the ranks but it's becoming harder because as more and more zetas come into play less and less I can keep up. Maybe if the droids get some zetas too they can at least stay in good shape. Also I don't have high hopes for R2 and C3 since looking at Chopper and K2SO they are very poor in sinergy with other droids and cant change the curret droid meta team. Now, 4-LOM can actually be something good but I dont think he is coming to the game any soon or ever. I think the best we can hope for is some zetas, Grievous rework and Droideka if they decide to revamp the Separatist faction.
  • Options
    OP, **** and moaning gets you nowhere. Start up a new, more relevant team that actually can get you places, and stop complaining.
  • Options
    You are using toons from old meta, can't really hope to use the same toons forever and stay on top.
    Freemium 101- always change the top dogs so people chase it, some will pay for it.
  • Options
    I don't get all this "hurr durr he want droids op" or "farm another team". Is that what I wrote? That I want them OP? Who even said I don't have another viable team? I just like the droids not just ingame but also in Star Wars universe and while I see a lot of teams gaining new chars, reworks, zetas and ships, droids are getting none. They could at least rework Grievous who is propably the longest farm in the game.

Then people come like "droids was meta long ago, nice they are done". What's the point? Because once they was good they should never be good again!? So you should be very **** with Nihilus right now, right? And also with Phoenix squad too, yes? Both siths and rebels are the current meta, rebels for a long time, and was super strong even before the last new powerful chars was added to them. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just ASKING, not demanding, if droids are in the plan to get anything new too because they stop being fun to play because is always the same stuff with 0 innovation. I must even ask if some guys here can even read and properly interpret a text because they are arguing against things I never said. I'm sorry if you have problems in another thread, but dont come here **** about something that I wasn't the one who said.

Again, I'm ASKING, not demanding anything. And what I'm asking is if there is any plan to give the droid faction something new. I never said "buff droids", I'm asking if they will get anything soon be it a rework, a new char or at least a ship.

Also, like another guy said, the droids getting some attention can be a consequence of the Separatists faction being made viable with a Grievous and IG-100 rework together with other separatists toons, a new char like droideka and a a proper lead for them.

Also I don't get why you come here asking something and people start to be rude and talk to you like if you was **** or asking for something impossible just because they disagree with you. It's not only impolite but also childish. I think we are all grow up and well educated here or am I wrong?

Someone gets it.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Plz just farm new teams. Everone else has to. Droids have had their time long enough. I for one really hope they dont get buffed for a while.
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Plz just farm new teams. Everone else has to. Droids have had their time long enough. I for one really hope they dont get buffed for a while.

I know. I do have other teams. My siths are almost at pair with my droids, one more zeta or two and they will be better. I also have a jedi and a rebel team not much behind. I'm just asking if droids will get some attention like a lot other teams are getting. I don't see the point of saying that droids once was good and now they shouldn't be anymore. I think this game already have a bunch of garbage toons and throwing the droids in this pile when is so easy to fix them is senseless.

I would like to hear more constructive criticism, please. While this game is cool it's very unbalanced and a lot of it content is pointless, so asking for some work on any team that is lagging behind is totally reasonable, especially on a team that don't need a total revamp to work and be one more option for the player and give the meta some more diversity. I really think that everyone here should be more critical with this game that have a lot of potential but so obvious problems. It's not a matter of gameplay only, but also demanding more quality on a product you are spending your money in.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    SifuSteve wrote: »
    It's quite simple. I'm just talking about other factions having new stuff and reworks yet droids haven't. No need to read between the lines, just read the lines.

Understandable and I'm sure there is something on the way. That said, a player who chose droids in the beginning has had an easy mode since then. Others have had to chase the meta where the droids have pretty much been in their own league all the time.
    I don't understand why you would have an issue with droids managing to hold on in the top 50. They've never been a dominating force by any measure.

There are still droid teams doing fine in top 50. As was asked where are the past meta characters? They didn't have staying power unlike the droids.
    I've even seen a full nightsister squad in the top 20 so credit to EA for managing that level of balance.

Completely without any context I don't believe this for a moment. My chosen faction were the Nightsisters in the beginning. Them and Kylo Ren. Only one of them has paid off in 15 months and it is not the Sisters.
    Power creep is a natural phenomenon of these games and he just wants to know if and when droids might be addressed.

The droids were extremely powerful, they always have. With certain toons made farmable have they started falling behind.

Others have been switching toons, why don't droid users want to do that? Oh right, you wanted to hold onto your advantage.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

I know. I do have other teams. My siths are almost at pair with my droids, one more zeta or two and they will be better. I also have a jedi and a rebel team not much behind. I'm just asking if droids will get some attention like a lot other teams are getting. I don't see the point of saying that droids once was good and now they shouldn't be anymore. I think this game already have a bunch of garbage toons and throwing the droids in this pile when is so easy to fix them is senseless.

I would like to hear more constructive criticism, please. While this game is cool it's very unbalanced and a lot of it content is pointless, so asking for some work on any team that is lagging behind is totally reasonable, especially on a team that don't need a total revamp to work and be one more option for the player and give the meta some more diversity. I really think that everyone here should be more critical with this game that have a lot of potential but so obvious problems. It's not a matter of gameplay only, but also demanding more quality on a product you are spending your money in.

Hard to find constructive criticism or support for buffing factions from those outside the faction. I started a thread about buffing the old Empire characters, and most of the responses were; Zader is meta, Tarkin, Veers, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Magmatrooper should stay in the trash.

Buffing Jedi seems to be the only thing you can ask for and get some support behind you.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@VektorT
    Okay here's your constructive criticism.

1. Youre wrong about droids being in the garbage, theyre still good. They still make top 100 in most shards (top 20 on mine) and they are good in the HAAT P2.

2. Droids being good is not a problem that needs addressing.

3. No one has given an argument that shows how droids should get more attention than, say, nightsisters, ewoks, jawas, the nonexistent seperatist faction, geonosians, or the countless characters much worse than any on a droid arena team. Unless someone makes a post about buffing droids that is more compelling than "uhh i used to like my old Old Ben, Rey, RG, Qui Gon, Phasma, can we bring that back?" buffing droids feels like a weak topic.

4. A brand new team or a revamped team (or team using characters) like I mentioned above sounds much more exciting and condusive to a diverse meta than droids, which we've all seen.

5. We've all seen droids since the game started basically. New means interesting/exciting. Until recently we haven't had empire teams, sith teams, resistance, FO, which make them all more interesting to probably more people than droids, and I feel like its easy to see why.

6. No one said droids should be useless (which theyre not) forever. Many are just still sick of them. Understandably. Which other old team has its owners been asking to buff? People arent asking for Poe Meta (except droid users, lol) to return, or RG-Dodge teams, or Ackbar-Leia, or Wiggs to be best again. Why droids??? But anyway people dont ask for the old meta back because new teams are funner in general.

7. Im ok with droids coming back if its later, but more importantly, with different characters than they use now. A better lead than HK and new droids that will be needed that arent the IGs. That sounds way cooler than buffing the old droids.

8. Understand also that Jedi may have gotten buffed, and rebels, but you had to farm new characters (GK, R1) which, especially in the case of rebels, meant NEW teams. Not so much the jedi but they **** in the past.

Basically, if droids get a buff that allows them to be top tier again theyre getting unfair treatment. Theyve been viable longer than any other faction, and they would be the only old meta team that would make a resurgence (the rebel teams of now are much much different and composed of new characters, than that of a year ago. Not droids).
    Post edited by MrGrips on
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    War wrote: »

Hard to find constructive criticism or support for buffing factions from those outside the faction. I started a thread about buffing the old Empire characters, and most of the responses were; Zader is meta, Tarkin, Veers, Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Magmatrooper should stay in the trash.

Buffing Jedi seems to be the only thing you can ask for and get some support behind you.

@War
    Buffing bad Empire characters is cool and all, but theres a good reason people don't want to see them buffed. Imagine Magma Trooper was suddenly as good as Kylo, Maul, Krennic, idk. He then would make the empire teams more OP. Basically, he affects a whole faction and many people just dont think empire teams need a buff.

This is why CG gave Rogue 1 chars duo synergy in Cassian-K2SO and Chaze, and the new Rebels squad uses the Phoenix tag and focuses on Phoenix synergy. So they are self contained teams that form new squads and dont affect the old faction as much. This is why its a GOOD suggestion when people say Veers/the Troopers could be reworked to provide focus on synergy with each other instead of empire. But most people dont say that. They just say "make Veers good" which means buffing the faction to most people's ears.

Jedi get buffs becayse theyre still not that great.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Top10? try top 50 crammed with zauls
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'd like to see the droids have a bit more utility. Their damage output is phenomenal and doesn't need adjustment.

The way buffs and debuffs work has changed since they were last updated, and a minor update to a skill or two would at least make them viable against more than one or two of the current meta comps. I trash wiggdoba sth teams, which is what my shard is littered with. I can beat on the Jedi when I see them. Clones too. Empire and SIth I have no chance on usually. I am okay with the odds being against me, but no chance isn't fun.

Something simple like a cleanse on recalibrate or a 10% droidwide chance to remove buffs on damage as a zeta for one of the uniques. (works out to a 1/10 chance, but with all the droid aoe, it should proc often enough to be effective without being op).

K2S0 was honestly the buff the droids needed until Maul was reworked. The whole stealth preventing counter attacks really makes the droid's new survival buff worthless mere months after reception. That and the crit damage immunity makes a Zaul lead deadly to droids. All that's well and good, there have to be perfect counter leader abilities.

K2S0's perma counter taunt that gives him 2 turns per enemy attack while debuffing the enemy gives the droids so much survivability, especially with him able to daze opponents to stop tm gain, assisting and counter attacks. Really he replaces IG-86. who puts out nice damage, but is severely lacking in utility.

If stealth didn't prevent counter attacks too, I'd say the droids were fine as is. As is, the Sith meta will pass in about a month just like every other meta, and then they'll still be around, but droids won't face the severe problems they have now. Still though, a little buff would go a long way for them. a cleanse or a buff wipe, a healer droid, or a droid with a group buff. Just some versatility. Most other factions do have options to choose from. There's not a lot for droids.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »

@War
    Buffing bad Empire characters is cool and all, but theres a good reason people don't want to see them buffed. Imagine Magma Trooper was suddenly as good as Kylo, Maul, Krennic, idk. He then would make the empire teams more OP. Basically, he affects a whole faction and many people just dont think empire teams need a buff.

This is why CG gave Rogue 1 chars duo synergy in Cassian-K2SO and Chaze, and the new Rebels squad uses the Phoenix tag and focuses on Phoenix synergy. So they are self contained teams that form new squads and dont affect the old faction as much. This is why its a GOOD suggestion when people say Veers/the Troopers could be reworked to provide focus on synergy with each other instead of empire. But most people dont say that. They just say "make Veers good" which means buffing the faction to most people's ears.

Jedi get buffs becayse theyre still not that great.

Some of what you say makes sense, but then you end it with "Jedi get buffs because they're still not great." It's literally the same situation Empire is in. Both factions have a handful of outstanding characters, and they both have some of the worst characters in the game. So asking for a Stormtrooper buff is no different than asking for a Mace Windu buff.

This isn't the thread for that debate however. I only brought it up because this thread is pretty much going in the same direction mine did a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    just do a separatist rework and everybody wins. toons like Nute become useful. B2 & ig 100 could get a buff, not that b2 needs one but was part of that faction. new toons like Droideka and those commando droids added. new capital ship for Nute and droid ships to go with him. droids get their buff. separatist tag means something. CG can move on to the next faction.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    just do a separatist rework and everybody wins. toons like Nute become useful. B2 & ig 100 could get a buff, not that b2 needs one but was part of that faction. new toons like Droideka and those commando droids added. new capital ship for Nute and droid ships to go with him. droids get their buff. separatist tag means something. CG can move on to the next faction.

I've actually started farming Nute expecting him to become a Fleet Commander at some point. There was even a data mine awhile back that showed a Separatist Command Ship. Nothing seems to have come from that though, other than the First Order shuttle.
  • Options
    Athusk wrote: »
    Droids are fine where they are right now. Just because you are starting to drop ranks, doesn't mean everything else is OP.

There counters to Maul and Rex. Thats like saying Maul should be nerffed because Jedi cannot beat him (even though he is anti-jedi...).

Try using different teams.

Whachu mean jedi can't beat maul? Its one of the rare pleasures in life pushing my jedi along a sea of zauls surfing my way to the top.

Haha
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    is it just me or is the droid crowd like a cult? Lol