palpatine

Tenebris_Fidem
123 posts Member
edited March 2017
it is possible that i may not be just seeing right, but, could you please check into the health and potency bonus provided by palpatine's leader ability (32% additional health and potency for sith and empire).

i have experimented in gw by engaging a squad with vader as lead supported by palpatine. afterward, i did it again using palpatine as lead supported by vader. there seems to be no difference with the health bar nor with the application of debuff (though i understand that this is at random and affected by potency - yet i've faced significantly lower tenacity toons shrugging off debuffs with palpatine in lead). now, after checking in gw, i did the same with arena and found it to be the same thing.

sorry to be such a pest, but, can you please check on this too??? as always, great job and thanks for a great game!!!

Replies

• crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's sometimes hard to see differences in health bar after a certain point. You'd have to record the battles, let the characters get killed or nearly killed, and tally the damage totals in each instance.

All toons have a 15% base chance to resist debuffs. So if you had a million potency vs. zero tenacity, the defender would still resist 15% of debuff attempts.
  • Options
    yup, i did take note and so far my palpatine had about 15k health w/ 20k protection, noticed that he gets pummeled out of the match w/ roughly 37k damage whether he is leading or not - w/ his lead bonuses, the amount of damage he takes before croaking should be at around 39k at least
  • Options
    as for potency vs tenacity, players badly need a clarification about it - i mean, if vader has 80% chance to inflict ability block & he has 60% potency, does that come down to 140% (80+60) chance or is it 128% (80x1.6)?

now for resisting debuffs, does that automatically lower down a 120% chance to 90% if a toon had 30% tenacity or does it bring it down to 84% instead (120x(1-.3))?