Development in the wrong direction.

I think this game evolves very much in a negative direction. I've been around for a while now and it's sad to see how bad this game is. If the Sith has been edited there are regularly new packages in the shop you can buy. Buy is the new word for unlock. I find it very boring to always buy new characters because this is the game of fun lost.It makes great pleasure to unleash a character after a certain period of time. The list is long of characters you get only by crystals.Crystals are collected diligently or you buy them!
I have nothing against players who invest and nothing against the developers who want to be financially compensated.

In the AppStore it is, unlock your favorite characters and he conquer the Galaxy.

Actually, buy your characters and conquer the Galaxy.

This frightens these packages for a long time.I think we are all human beings and there are also boundaries. It is ultimately a game and it should be fun. No indirect constraint to always buy and also better possibilities there should be characters to farm.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    In the new system you are given the toons. You do not pay to unlock, you get to unlock and collect them for free.

If you want to be able to use them at 7* right away you will need to pay, this is the advantage p2p get. As they should for financially supporting the game.

Also outlined in the new system is the rough timeline f2p can follow to then * up these toons and use them at 7*.

From what we have been seeing these toons are viable at the max gear and lvl, even at 3-4*.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    your development in a negative direction is based on an opinion you have and your style of playing. for you it is rewarding to grind every single detail out and unlock a toon in that method and that's great.

not everyone feels this way though. not everyone wants to work for their toons. not everyone feels that reward from doing it the long and hard way. not everyone is competitive either.

i'm sure it has to be hard to develop a game catered to both sides.
  • Options
    Who is not able to develop a good balance between both sides. He should not charge 100 € for 15,710 crystals. :D
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    In the new system you are given the toons. You do not pay to unlock, you get to unlock and collect them for free.

If you want to be able to use them at 7* right away you will need to pay, this is the advantage p2p get. As they should for financially supporting the game.

Also outlined in the new system is the rough timeline f2p can follow to then * up these toons and use them at 7*.

From what we have been seeing these toons are viable at the max gear and lvl, even at 3-4*.

Everything you just said reinforces OP. Game is pretty awful right now to play without spending insane amounts of money.

Do I want 3* toons that are seriously overpowered when compared with every toon that can actually be farmed and can only be played in arena and GW and that we all spent tons of time farming and gearing over two years. No freaking way!!!

I hate this new system. It's impossible for f2p to now plan for the future which is the only thing that keeps us relevant in arena. I can't even get to top five anymore because I have no clue what I should be focusing on. Been building sith team for months but getting a zeta takes more than a month. 26 days since my last one and 17/20 now!!!

So then I'll have a zaul team that probably still can't beat the top of my arena and will most likely become garbage after the people that can actually get top 5 and the crystals there start showing up with phoenix squad. So now what do I do abandon all my farming and gearing of sith and just try and gamble that phoenix at 3* is the new meta so in 4 months I'll have them all geared and ready? 4 months for f2p to gear phoenix toons is probably an understatement and by then the next batch of overpowered toons and abilities will be released and I'll be wondering same thing again. This is an awful system that is not good at all for any of us when people like me just give up since it's becoming almost impossible to compete without getting lucky that we end up with a good team that isn't countered by next months flavor.

Without a chance for f2p to get crystals from arena top 3 then we can't keep up. Btw I screwed myself gambling on a zader team I started months before zaul. By far worst decision I have made in game and zeta drop is incredibly bad for f2p so once a mistake is made not much point in playing beyond one or two arena battles just to stay in top ten so every couple weeks I can buy a 1400 crystal gear in shop. Been more than a month just gearing GK to g9 from g8 and that was after a month of saving gear for him already. Phoenix squad is a full team that is as bad or worse to gear. So when I say it might take f2p a year to gear them all to g11 I may not be exaggerating.
  • Options
    Why do you have to be top 3? You really have to be the best at this game? I guess I should just give up golf, because I'll never make the PGA tour, let alone be ranked top 3.
  • ImperatorBasti
    136 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Warmonkey, I give you completely right. This current "system" which is in this game, is just ridiculous. Time expenditure without end for nothing.
    warmonkey wrote: »

Everything you just said reinforces OP. Game is pretty awful right now to play without spending insane amounts of money.

Do I want 3* toons that are seriously overpowered when compared with every toon that can actually be farmed and can only be played in arena and GW and that we all spent tons of time farming and gearing over two years. No freaking way!!!

I hate this new system. It's impossible for f2p to now plan for the future which is the only thing that keeps us relevant in arena. I can't even get to top five anymore because I have no clue what I should be focusing on. Been building sith team for months but getting a zeta takes more than a month. 26 days since my last one and 17/20 now!!!

So then I'll have a zaul team that probably still can't beat the top of my arena and will most likely become garbage after the people that can actually get top 5 and the crystals there start showing up with phoenix squad. So now what do I do abandon all my farming and gearing of sith and just try and gamble that phoenix at 3* is the new meta so in 4 months I'll have them all geared and ready? 4 months for f2p to gear phoenix toons is probably an understatement and by then the next batch of overpowered toons and abilities will be released and I'll be wondering same thing again. This is an awful system that is not good at all for any of us when people like me just give up since it's becoming almost impossible to compete without getting lucky that we end up with a good team that isn't countered by next months flavor.

Without a chance for f2p to get crystals from arena top 3 then we can't keep up. Btw I screwed myself gambling on a zader team I started months before zaul. By far worst decision I have made in game and zeta drop is incredibly bad for f2p so once a mistake is made not much point in playing beyond one or two arena battles just to stay in top ten so every couple weeks I can buy a 1400 crystal gear in shop. Been more than a month just gearing GK to g9 from g8 and that was after a month of saving gear for him already. Phoenix squad is a full team that is as bad or worse to gear. So when I say it might take f2p a year to gear them all to g11 I may not be exaggerating.

Post edited by ImperatorBasti on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    don't blame the system for your own incompetence ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ImperatorBasti
    136 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Why do you have to be top 3? You really have to be the best at this game? I guess I should just give up golf, because I'll never make the PGA tour, let alone be ranked top 3.

I renounce a good rank. It gives me place 1000, but I know that I have a fair chance to manage characters freely!

Krennic, Erso, Baze, Chirut and many more. All are only available on delivery! And how long do they already exist in the game? Seid Rouge One came out. And that was last year in December 2016.We are already in March 2017! So how long do wait f2p ??? Soon again, new Toons.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I renounce a good rank. It gives me place 1000, but I know that I have a fair chance to manage characters freely!

Krennic, Erso, Baze, Chirut and many more. All are only available on delivery! And how long do they already exist in the game? Seid Rouge One came out. And that was last year in December 2016.We are already in March 2017! So how long do wait f2p ??? Soon again, new Toons.

rex was only available for crystals atleast 3 times as long as the characters you named. + their viablility at low stars makes it a pretty sweet system if you ask me.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

rex was only available for crystals atleast 3 times as long as the characters you named. + their viablility at low stars makes it a pretty sweet system if you ask me.

But I did not ask you. ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

But I did not ask you. ;)

great comeback.
  • Options
    Many people have just stopped spending money. I did. It is no fun when a 7 star character is no match to a new 3 star character. Every change in the game is just more for the sake of more. No new ways to interact. Characters get reworked but that has been horrible. Characters get over powered. There is no sense of balance so skill goes out the window. The game has finally entered it's past phase which is to give in to the highest bidder.
  • Options
    Many people have just stopped spending money. I did. It is no fun when a 7 star character is no match to a new 3 star character. Every change in the game is just more for the sake of more. No new ways to interact. Characters get reworked but that has been horrible. Characters get over powered. There is no sense of balance so skill goes out the window. The game has finally entered it's past phase which is to give in to the highest bidder.

That is a result. I find it very unfortunate if a player loses interest in this game. The new update for example I find very good and the new rewards in the galactic war are also successful.
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It really just boils down to lack of compelling content, imo. Instead of focusing resources on making a better, more robust game. Any new content revolves around character releases. "Hey whales, here's an event / advertisement for this new character, now go spend your money to buy it until our next advertisement." It's the same stuff recycled over and over and over. To top it off, the new characters really only affect a single aspect of the game....arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

I face fully geared and 7* sith teams in a Dec 15 shard with rex,gk,jka,zarris,boba... all f2p toons with only 1 zeta. Not an insane team to make or expect any f2p to have.

What you "should" focus on as a f2p is always the biggest issue being f2p, that will never change. But before this system the only way to get the "new" toon was to pay, even if you only wanted them 3-4*, and gear lvl wasn't high enough to compensate for anything less then 5-6*.

I have no problem using,facing and even losing to a toon at 3-4*. This new system allows everyone to make the same choices of who to use regardless of how much you pay, or dont. Yes there are limitations on that use right away, as there should be to make a successful pay model. There are other models out there but this is the one they are using.

My first zeta was for vader, I made this choice because of many factors, arena was one of them but I couldn't build a team around him fast enough, no regrets. The main goal for zader on my end was to improve my raid scores and therefore get better gear. Yes mistakes can be made and it may be hard to recover but not impossible. As a f2p you also need to not be distracted by the new and shiny, you don't always need them and you don't always need to follow the meta.

Phoenix team does sound good on paper, but I imagine a really solid phoenix team will be 3 members and 2 old toons for more utility. You will need at least one cleanser for them to be able to go toe to toe with current zaul meta. There is also no reason to ever try to gear 5 toons at once as a f2p, that has never been easy or something suggested by many others. This strategy will usually not pay off as it stretches you too thin. But the fact that you can use them if geared properly at 3-4* is great news to most f2p.
  • Options
    I would like to thank all those who left me a comment. o:)
  • Options
    I spent quite some money in game but not much anymore. I buy the subscription because it is the best value for the in game currency, and I want to support it.

The game to me is fun in several ways. First, I can play, collect and gear up Star Wars characters. I do have a 7* G11 Snowtrooper, because I like it. So the game does allow one to "collect your favorite characters".

To conquer the Galaxy it is another story. Each part of the game had different requirements. For Rancor you need characters that allow turn meter reduction. For AAT you need multiple squads at high gear and mods to each phase. To GW you need characters and teams and strategy until you max out at a point where you can auto it with one or three teams.

The game has a grind so you plan for it.

And a final note. About favorite characters and conquer the Galaxy: I had aways Vader as my most leveled toon. I was playing Empire squads before palpatine and having fun and, somewhat, success (top 10-20). Eventually they became meta, for a short time. And that is better than chasing each and every meta. Because otherwise, the game is very expensive.

Granted I am not crazy competitive. So I don't care if my Zaul team is crushed by another one with better mods. It is part of the game.

The point I am making is that people need to have advantage if they are paying for it, otherwise the game dies. You choice is if and how much you spend to get the fun you need.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    I spent quite some money in game but not much anymore. I buy the subscription because it is the best value for the in game currency, and I want to support it.

The game to me is fun in several ways. First, I can play, collect and gear up Star Wars characters. I do have a 7* G11 Snowtrooper, because I like it. So the game does allow one to "collect your favorite characters".

To conquer the Galaxy it is another story. Each part of the game had different requirements. For Rancor you need characters that allow turn meter reduction. For AAT you need multiple squads at high gear and mods to each phase. To GW you need characters and teams and strategy until you max out at a point where you can auto it with one or three teams.

The game has a grind so you plan for it.

And a final note. About favorite characters and conquer the Galaxy: I had aways Vader as my most leveled toon. I was playing Empire squads before palpatine and having fun and, somewhat, success (top 10-20). Eventually they became meta, for a short time. And that is better than chasing each and every meta. Because otherwise, the game is very expensive.

Granted I am not crazy competitive. So I don't care if my Zaul team is crushed by another one with better mods. It is part of the game.

The point I am making is that people need to have advantage if they are paying for it, otherwise the game dies. You choice is if and how much you spend to get the fun you need.

I have nothing against investment. I do it on occasion as well. I also do not want to be ranked 1 in the arena or maybe even the best. I do not want to have every new character on 7 *.

I would like to have fun and have the opportunity, after some time, to manage a character I like.