Episode Inspired Hero Packs

Deimos
326 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hey everybody,

first post here. Wanted to share my strong impression on the game's coming sales plan.

I've read posts asking where did the first days packs go? My guess is that as time goes on, and CG gets a good idea at what prices get the most demand, we'll be seeing more and more packs. Specifically they will be put out in episode order. Notice how there are already in the game toons from the original trilogy, but not available? Why would they do that? Jedi Luke, traditional Han, Emperor Palpatine. These guys are all time favorites, ideal for sales.

Here's how I would arrange the packs, seeing how the TFA pack was handled:

A New Hope
99.99$
Scoundrel Han Solo 4*
Old Ben 4*
50 Vader shards
50 Leia shards
350k credits
15k crystals

Empire Strikes Back
119.99$
Jedi Luke 4*
Yoda 5*
50 Vader shards
50 Lando shards
350k credits
15k crystals

Return of the Jedi
119.99$
Emperor Palpatine 5*
Boba 4*
50 Vader shards
50 Ackbar shards
350k credits
15k crystals

Phantom Menace
99.99$
Darth Maul 4*
Qui-Gon 4*
50 Mace shards
50 Eeth Koth shards
350k credits
15k crystals

Attack of the Clones
99.99$
Dooku 4*
Poggle 4*
50 Fives shards
50 Clone shards
350k credits
15k crystals

Revenge of the Sith
119.99$
Anakin 4*
Nute Gunray 4*
50 Vader shards
50 Dooku shards
350k credits
15k crystals

The Vader shards alone would guarantee sales. What do you guys think? Sounds realistic?
Post edited by Deimos on

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I would buy all of them. I think you are more generous than expected, specially with the amount of crystals. Compare those to the Kylo bundle
  • DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    15k crystals are almost 100$ alone? Hope you're not in charge of a business because that'd go bankrupt quite fast.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I would buy all of them. I think you are more generous than expected, specially with the amount of crystals. Compare those to the Kylo bundle

I couldn't remember right how many they were in that bundle. Not 15k?
  • Options
    Deimos wrote: »

Kylo bundle had I believe $40.00 worth of crystals (a little bit below the $49.99 USD amount).
  • Options
    Eww kill all episode packs with fire! I loath the day I see another grossly overpriced bundle in my store.
  • Options
    FakeRobbo wrote: »
    Eww kill all episode packs with fire! I loath the day I see another grossly overpriced bundle in my store. Except the Yoda bundle.

• Options
    15k crystals are almost 100$ alone? Hope you're not in charge of a business because that'd go bankrupt quite fast.

Good point. Keep in mind though all these products are little more than thin air.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

5k.
    15k is worth 99.99 now. Note that I'm not saying your prices are wrong. Actually, the fact I'd buy them maybe means EA would make more money doing it your way. But I doubt they give such sale.
  • FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Eww kill all episode packs with fire! I loath the day I see another grossly overpriced bundle in my store. Except the Yoda bundle.

Holy crap how did you do that haha, I disagree simply because if they do then everybody will buy it and have yoda except me because I chose to spend my $500 on rent and food and you know.. My life haha

This makes me sad :(
  • Options

Holy crap how did you do that haha, I disagree simply because if they do then everybody will buy it and have yoda except me because I chose to spend my $500 on rent and food and you know.. My life haha

Actually, if I were CG, after all these bundles, I would publish another ALL EPISODES bundle at 30% discount, available even to those who bought the previous packs one by one :dizzy:

• Options
    I think revenge of sith should have young obi wan too:) I would never buy though as I'm f2p>.<
  • Options

Good point. Keep in mind though all these products are little more than thin air.

Sure but they de-value all your other products. Once you offer something like that you'd not sell anything else until you abide by the exact pricing you've put.

Good for short-term before the game is cancelled but terrible terrible in long-term. If it was 5k like TFA pack it'd pretty normal.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Which means they don't have variable cost (like, say, the cloth in a t-shirt), but they still have fixed costs. Like the salaries of the developers, the cost of the head quarters, the cost of the servers, the software licenses to program/design it, etc.
  • Options

Sure but they de-value all your other products. Once you offer something like that you'd not sell anything else until you abide by the exact pricing you've put.

Good for short-term before the game is cancelled but terrible terrible in long-term. If it was 5k like TFA pack it'd pretty normal.

I remembered the crystals included wrong.

In any case, isn't it strange to think of a hundred bucks normal if one of the virtual items is 5k rather than 15k? My point is, such prices are virtual, no reason to be this instead of that, and all around absurd.
  • Options

In any case, isn't it strange to think of a hundred bucks normal if one of the virtual items is 5k rather than 15k? My point is, such prices are virtual, no reason to be this instead of that, and all around absurd.

It is not about it being virtual or not. They are selling you pleasure that you get with characters/crystals. You could compare it with virtually any sort of entertainment, there is no need to degrade something as virtual or physical.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Of course there is s reason, same reason than any other good being sold. Maximize profit.

Think about this: why 15k? Why not 30k? Or 300k? Or 3 million? They cost the same for them. Well, the reason why they wont give you 30k (or 300k) is the same reason why they wont give you 15k instead of 5k.

Value, cost, and price, aren't synonimous

Edit: I wrote it from the company POV, but it's the same from player POV. 5k crystals for 100$ I would not pay. 5 million crystals for 100$, in a heaetbeat. Somewhere in the middle, it's the point where the value I get matches the price. I would but that, but not less.
  • Options

Of course there is s reason, same reason than any other good being sold. Maximize profit.

Think about this: why 15k? Why not 30k? Or 300k? Or 3 million? They cost the same for them. Well, the reason why they wont give you 30k (or 300k) is the same reason why they wont give you 15k instead of 5k.

Value, cost, and price, aren't synonimous

Edit: I wrote it from the company POV, but it's the same from player POV. 5k crystals for 100$ I would not pay. 5 million crystals for 100$, in a heaetbeat. Somewhere in the middle, it's the point where the value I get matches the price. I would but that, but not less.

I don't disagree. However I find it hard to accept that THIS specific price came out of a formula, like any real product. Why should a crystal cost this much?
  • Options
    Good idea Dude !!