Ships still ain't cutting it

Prev1
Hello, just want to drop in again to say that Ships is a failure in its current state. Average battle time of 5 minutes is absolutely way too long. One dominant command ship is no good. Ability mats for ships are scarce.

Fix please.
I am the Reaper

Replies

• Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    X4 auto? Just wait untill the new capital ship realease
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Which Capital ship do you say is dominant?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Mace Windu's capital ship is dominant at the higher levels...
  • Options
    Ships ability mats are scarce? Bud I'm stuck more on the ship credit crunch with mountains of all ship ability mats, even the yellow capital ship ones. Just do all of your daily challenges for ships and you'll be good. I agree ships could use a little tweaking, but they are nowhere near a failure.
  • Options
    I don't find that there is a dominant capital ship. I beat Akbar and Mace with regularity. I never fight Tarkin because I'm the only one who runs Tarkin in the top 50 in my shard.

4x speed has helped so much for ship battles.

I think ships are stale because everyone runs virtually the same ships. There are not near enough ships.
  • Options
    We need more ship content simple as. It's not bad gameplay at all but sorely lacking in content.
  • Options
    Some more variety would be nice in the ships. Maybe one more capital ship as well with a new faction.
  • Options
    Ships does need some content. They need to add a credit heist for ships. They need some battle modes for ships to earn ships, credits, etc. They need to add more ships in the cantina to farm, in light side/dark side modes to farm, more in rotation in the GW, etc.

Ships in the current state are very boring. If it wasn't for Zetas, I doubt anyone would bother with that part of the game.
  • Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »
    Ships does need some content. They need to add a credit heist for ships. They need some battle modes for ships to earn ships, credits, etc. They need to add more ships in the cantina to farm, in light side/dark side modes to farm, more in rotation in the GW, etc.

Ships in the current state are very boring. If it wasn't for Zetas, I doubt anyone would bother with that part of the game.

Nail. Head.
  • Options
    They just added ship credits to GW, but I agree that more needs to be done. Before they do ANY new ship content though, they need to fix the massive amount of current bugs in ships.
  • Options
    Personally I don't think it works and there's a few things that particularly irk me...

1. The use of defunct characters to force levelling up of some of the most useless toons. (Example: Jedi Consular)

2. The deliberate forced grind for darkside ships and lack of attainable imperial fighters. Both required for Zeta and to level Tarkin's ISD.

3. The potential that TIE/Rebel variants will require me to have to level up a Defender, A-Wing, Y-Wing, Bomber, Interceptor pilot.

4. No PvE game modes. (Okay, so maybe levelling your capital ships is PvE... but you get what I mean)

5. Capital Ships don't feel tangible, it's hard to explain but the big ships almost feel like background art and therefore I feel disconnected from the space game experience.

6. It's pretty and all but there's something that doesn't flow right... The 5 v 5 plus back up ships, the fact that I'd rather auto it than play tactically, the over use of buffs, the time length and the list goes on.

How to make it more appealing? Not sure, but it needs something changing as right now I only use it to purchase fleet shipments and do my daily activities.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Ships are ruined cause of zeta farming in shop. You are not gonna be competitve in arena without them so unless you have tons of cash to throw at game you are spending tokens on zetas and DS ships to unlock challenge. Then it's all about farming zetas and no longer about upgrading the good ships in shipments. So we are forced to use GW shipments which is great but those ships can't compete with the p2w ones, on my shard for sure at least.

I actually enjoy ship battles but there is no progression when we spend all tokens on zetas so it has become stale and boring very quickly if you actually want to progress.
  • Options
    Ships were never about ships; they were always about zetas. Always.
  • Options
    Vertigo322 wrote: »
    Ships ability mats are scarce? Bud I'm stuck more on the ship credit crunch with mountains of all ship ability mats, even the yellow capital ship ones. Just do all of your daily challenges for ships and you'll be good. I agree ships could use a little tweaking, but they are nowhere near a failure.

The purple ones. I have hundreds of the rest.
    I am the Reaper
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    best part about ships is that you don't have to like them. Rewards aren't that much worse if you rank low. 4x speed is a major improvement for ship battles though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    best part about ships is that you don't have to like them. Rewards aren't that much worse if you rank low. 4x speed is a major improvement for ship battles though.

This is very true. The rewards for squad ship battles are pretty good, I'm able to get a zeta every other or every 3rd day if I don't spend any of my winnings each day...which is a lot harder to do when I see shards I really want ha.
  • Options
    Ships are fun because they are challenging. The only thing really out of balance with ships is Biggs. Other than than Biggs being almost invincible on teams with many target lockers I find that ship battles are pretty even and can go back and forth and the reinforcement strategy adds an element of surprise that can really turn the tables. More exciting than Squad where you know if you won or lost in the opening 3 seconds.

I just want more ship content beyond arena.
  • Options
    4X speed helps a lot with ship battles (which I hated before too, but now it's a lot more tolerable)

also:
    JPBrunel wrote: »

what metric are you basing the above on?
  • Options

It is? 13 of my top 20 are Ackbar. Maul + Biggs under Ackbar lead seems to be the meta on my shard. Lots of different versions of it though.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    4X speed helps a lot with ship battles (which I hated before too, but now it's a lot more tolerable)

also:

Mace's ship + Target lock fleet allows you to spam Mace's AOE, or Mace + Republic ships spams protection healing and tosses taunts left and right so the enemy can't focus on one ship for too long making it very good for defense and just outlasting the other team. Tarkin + Target Locking fleet with the dark side ships can be extremely powerful as well. Ackbar's ship loses ground as you have all the ships at higher levels because the ships become tankier and his assists are nice for overall usage, but with specific fleet combos rather than just teams of random ships tossed together the other two are more effective. Ackbar is very good for lower level of ships when you don't have specific combos being used. I use ackbar currently as my mace and tarkin aren't geared or starred much and it works, but if I had Mace higher he would work far better with my mass of republic ships.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I don't mind ships.

I don't farm zetas so maybe that's why i like it?

I farm mostly ships and some characters.

I use Tarkins Commander ship and i place between 17 and 45 everyday.

I place the same in arena as well so... not sure what to dislike about it
  • Options
    Ships are literally a chore.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

also:

Mace's ship + Target lock fleet allows you to spam Mace's AOE, or Mace + Republic ships spams protection healing and tosses taunts left and right so the enemy can't focus on one ship for too long making it very good for defense and just outlasting the other team. Tarkin + Target Locking fleet with the dark side ships can be extremely powerful as well. Ackbar's ship loses ground as you have all the ships at higher levels because the ships become tankier and his assists are nice for overall usage, but with specific fleet combos rather than just teams of random ships tossed together the other two are more effective. Ackbar is very good for lower level of ships when you don't have specific combos being used. I use ackbar currently as my mace and tarkin aren't geared or starred much and it works, but if I had Mace higher he would work far better with my mass of republic ships.

That's what I was wondering. I do a ton of damage with Tarkin and my dark side ships and the target locking with TFP, and other empire ships + synergy with GT is solid. My shard is mostly Tarkin and Akbar, so was not sure as to just how OP Mace is when he doesn't make up much of the leaderboards on my shard or others that people have shared with me. (in mine, he's only 2 out of the top 15, with the highest being at 7)
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

you only need to do 1 challenge and 1 ship battle. that's not a chore just auto it
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

you only need to do 1 challenge and 1 ship battle. that's not a chore just auto it

you can even retreat if you so choose.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • xpxnx
    73 posts Member
    Options
    One thing for sure... I want reinforecments capped at 2, 1 would probably be sufficient. Fighting Mace before the 4x was implemented was nearly impossible, as even though I had a chance of winning, time would frequently run out.

Also, more dark side ships that are attainable through farming methods would be nice. Cough... Vaders ship. There is really only.... 5 right now? Genosians, tfp and boba. Thats not really acceptable in my eyes.

Or, even better, remove the specific fleet commander req's from challenges.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I didn't have a hard time beating the Tarkin challenge. Even without using Tie Advanced (which I wasn't in the mood to spend on shards to 5*), the dark side ships like Scimitar, Slave, GS, GSpy, TFP, FOTP were more than sufficient IMO, along with Kylo as an option (though he's not upgradable ATM).
  • Options

Well I have to maintain my rank...
  • Kenbo
    52 posts Member
    Options
    I like ships as it's an easy way to get shards, gear and zetas! Just need to introduce a ship raid now for more easy prizes :)
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options

Well I have to maintain my rank...

You don't have to but you want to, so do yourself a favor and stop making it a chore and make it a hobby ;)