Galactic War getting harder?

Just got to level 80 yesterday, and went through Galactic War as usual until the last fight. It was against a level 85 team with Emperor Palpatine lead (don't know if he was Zeta'd), General Kenobi, TFP, Vader and Boba Fett. None of my teams could even touch him. Unfortunately for me, my main team is Rebels, which unsurprisingly the Emperor made short work of (being 5 levels higher being another big reason I guess).

Anyone else finding the very last fight hard? I think the last fight should be the hardest, but it should pick a team not way out of my power level to beat: at least make it a fair fight?

Any other new players have similar experiences?

FYI, my main team is Baze, Chirrut, Wedge (lead), Biggs and Jyn (although I also have Boba), all at Gear X, skills most maxed except for some of the Omegas.

Replies

• Options
    The past 2 days of GW have ridiculously impossible. So cheap. Not even a fighters chance. At least let me reset my squads for the last level.
  • Options
    My experience has been that it was doable every day, then for a week I would run into a node 6 team that was too hard... then it was easier for a bit, then the 10/11 node was impossible... then it was pretty easy for a bit.

Not sure if it is just RNG or what, but doubt someone is sitting behind a computer screaming "...CRANK IT UP!" and laughing maniacally.

I would like to know how the teams we go against are decided, but that might take some of the fun our of opening a box, then seeing what's coming next.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    I had a jedi team (Barris, Yoda, yada, yada, yada) on Node 12 today that was all level 80 and 81. My highest toon is a level 73.

I beat them down like Anakin and the Tuskens.

Second node 12 of the day was a bit more difficult, but I tweaked my team and kicked their tails too.
  • Options
    GW isn't even worth playing anymore. I just took three squads at level 85, gear at level 8-10 and mods of 4-5 and got wiped out like it was nothing on the sixth node. I have not been able to complete a campaign in over six months. If you didn't get Vader more than a year ago to 7 stars, they have made it so you never will. Such a garbage part of the game now.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Options
    There has to be something wrong with the way GW calculates what kind of teams you should be fighting. It is like the formula doesnt take things like zeta's and different kind of mods into account. When node 12 can handle your best team that is fresh and then all of your other characters in your roster ... something is wrong.
  • aus10
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Galactic War is calculated through your level and, if I remember correctly, your squad power. As you reach higher levels (by 10's IMO), new waves come in. On top of that, if your squad power is lower, you'll get ridiculous face offs. Example : My arena team used to be droids, max power was 39k. GW was hard as hell, last 6th and 12th nodes were unbeatable. Swapped squad in the arena, power was 44k. Next day, GW was cake. 6th, 9th, and 11th nodes were difficult but beatable. 12th node was literally a team full of gear 3. Wiped them out in one hit. That's my theory, and it seems to be that way for many. I'm not seeing those teams anymore, but GW is still very beatable.
  • Options
    GW isn't even worth playing anymore. I just took three squads at level 85, gear at level 8-10 and mods of 4-5 and got wiped out like it was nothing on the sixth node. I have not been able to complete a campaign in over six months. If you didn't get Vader more than a year ago to 7 stars, they have made it so you never will. Such a garbage part of the game now.

You know you can buy his shards in multiple shops right?
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I've been noticing a similar problem, I used to be able to run through gw, sometimes not even losing a toon, certainly less than 5, it may be that I tweaked my arena team to fight the current metas and subsequently dropped a bit of power in my arena team, we are talking 2k max and recently reached level 82. But I seem to face a constant run of level 85's with better gear and mods. I like the challenge but today I dropped two nodes in the activity, scoring 34 rather than 36 which annoyed me a bit, node 6,9 & 10 were ridiculous and left me with half squads for 11 which was unachievable.
    I'm not complaining, like I said I like it to being testing, just agreeing that they seem more difficult. I have failed maybe five in total up until the last couple of weeks when I have failed to complete 2/3 times, but I have noticed I still get relatively easy runs occasionally, did one run losing just a 5* srp & bistan yesterday.
  • Options
    Very easy GW lately for me, even with last node ungeared laughable toons oneshot by aoe.
    My arena team is about 46 000 power, best possible would be slightly more.
    Algorithm sucks.. Basically exactly what aus10 wrote.
  • Options
    For GW I am usually running a classic Wiggs team along with Lando, AA and StHan at G8 - G11, level range 73 - 80, 6/7* and for the past weeks I was able to run it completely all the time with this one team.

Today that team got killed by another team of the nearly same composition and strength in node 9. Actually they wiped each other out with me having the lucky last shot.

I managed with my old GW team node 10 just to run at node 11 into a full EP, Vader, maul, TIE pilot, Sidious Lv 85 G10 team that annihilated me in one round...

After throwing my scoundrel team at them and everything else worthwhile my roster had to offer I finally whittled them down but was too exhausted with useful toons afterwards so I had to fold against a full Jedi Lv85 G11 with QGJ lead...

That means this time I got only 35 out of 36 battles... And my arena rank has not changed and I am still sitting intentionally at 2440 since I am still an adherent to the theory that one's arena rank influences the difficulty in GW.

So yes I think so two that it suddenly got way harder.

• Options
    Well, I'm halfway to level 76. My arena power is just over 29k and my last GW was my hardest yet. I faced full rebel Wiggs team in node 1, and it was my first GW with every opponent G7-G10. I have yet to see a G11 enemy. However, I did also notice that my node 6, 9, and 11 nightmares didn't have any mods on any characters. N12 was a fully modded G9-G10 Jedi team. If 6,9, and 11 would have been modded, I would not have been able to finish. I unlocked EP on the 8th and he has made GW easy for me until this last one.

It is getting too difficult to use more of my bench as I have neglected it lately. For example, I used to use Rey in more than one battle, but as she is now 23 levels below me and still only G7, she got one shotted in node 3 by a max ability G8 enemy Rey. My own Rey's abilities sit at 5. EP drained my ability mats upping 5 abilities to 7.

The only evil thing about all this is I have stayed easily in the top 50 of arena now, no matter how far I drop while I'm at work I can win my way back in easily against Wiggs teams, I am going to need to work on my bench to carry more of the GW load. The last time I did that, I fell out of the top 50 and even top 100 for a little over a week. So many choices, so few credits/gear/ability mats. Funny, I see some post about a lack of training droids. I have so many as I lack the credits to use them.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I think you just entered a new "tier". Hopefully you have multiple squads running and are building TM on different squads throughout the "war". Those things should help quite a bit.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Started Galactic War with Lumi, Barris, JC, Geo Soldier, and Royal Guard. Used to finish all the time, but that started coming to an end as I started fine tuning my arena team. After working on my arena for some time (Phasma, Dooku, QGJ, Kylo, Shoretrooper), getting them over L70, all Gear 8, and their abilities to level 7 decided to start working on other teams. Droid team was a little side project but not really a focus. Obviously Rebels were necessary for Palpatine so went after them. Same thing, Level 70s, gear 8, abilities to L7.

Galactic War got a bit easier, as I now had 3/4 legit teams to send in whenever I hit a tough node, but alas, it actually started to be very tough to finish the last 2 nodes.

I bought the Rogue One pack when I 1st started playing the game (Christmas time-ish?), but didn't really do much with it... Ever since I have been working on them I've noticed GW, while a challenge - is doable. I have a weak R1 team that can get through the 1st few nodes, a droid team that can take out a node or 2 (They still have full protection), a powerful Rebel team (7* Palpatine with it) that can get past the 9th and 10 node (again, they start with full protection), A great Heal team that starts with full protection and then my Arena team that has full protection for the last couple nodes.

Galactic War is all about a deep roster for me. There may be the element that I did not get my Arena team to gear 9's yet and losing ground every day unfortunately, but maybe I did not trigger the game to start throwing L85 Zeta teams at me yet either.

@Billcarson66 I'm in the same boat... plenty of training droids... but, Credit poor... time to start working on those Scoundrel. Darn, another Squad that needs attention. Wish I would have done a Scoundrel team 1st!

• Options
    Yea Soeedokillz, build up GW bench, arena suffers. Get mods for arena squad, every squad but arena suffers. Now face tough enough opponents in GW, that my b squads aren't as durable as they were. If I can't hit node 12 with full health on my arena squad, I won't be beating GW much more.

I need to start focusing on better synergy in my B squads. I think that can go along way since only my arena team is G9 with decent mods. My other three squads are G7/G8 with various 1 dot mod sets. Good synergy will make them more viable. My arena team is empire and I have decent rebels, but my synergy stops their. Tough to change focus and farm that synergy when resources are tight. My son is level 68, poor mods, and runs an all sith G8 DN(l), DV, SA, ST, and Dooku with only DN having abilities at 6 and all other toons at 5. He holds arena rank 90-150 and can auto GW every day with that squad alone. He only has to make sure any heal immunity debuff givers get killed first.
  • Options
    Lately the last battle has been impossible for me every time. As in "no chance at all". I have level 85 toons with gear level average 9-10. Several of them. They all drop like flies. Sometimes they barely even get a shot in. Team after team. Definitely something wrong there. It's not even enjoyable at all anymore. I have no chance at all at winning the final node. Very uneven ridiculous game mode.
  • Options
    This is what I think I know about Galactic War:

Galactic War is supposed to be hard. I could not find the post to reference... There was an update and Devs said it is designed to challenge your roster to the fullest, not to guarantee that your roster should finish every day.

It takes a very deep roster for most to get through Galactic War.

As far as I can tell, you Galactic War nodes are based on your Arena Rank and/or Arena Team Power. I was ranked in the Top 30 for a while and completing Galactic War was very hard for me. The 6th node was a pain and often took out a couple bench characters before sending in my 2nd team. By the time I was at the 9th... it was pretty likely that I would be running out of character soon. Usually done at the 11th.

With the Palpatine coming up, focused on Rebels instead of my Arena team and my Arena ranking fell out of the top 50 and soon after out of the top 100. BUT I started to notice that with the addition of a strong Rebel squad... I started finishing Galactic War again.

So either Arena Rank, strong 2nd squad, or both made Galactic War easier.