Game becoming stereotypical?

I find it is really foolish this Nihilus-Dooku Combo that OP. I Killed 4 chars from opponent and last char was dooku vs 5 my chars. It killed All my **** chars alone as last resort. That life drain on counter attack is so much stupid. Every one start sticking wedge -Biggs or Nih-Dooku Combo. I am just wondering whether we drop all chars and just play only with these... What kind of game it would be ?

Replies

• Options
    I don't think stereotypical is the word you were looking for.
  • Options
  • Options
    This word was chosen cause of 95 % of top 100 PvPers have been stuck on these combos ..
  • Options
    Welcome to swgoh. Where 8 characters dominate the rest.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It's not that hard to counter... heal immunity, stun, shock, or daze. These debuff abilities are easy to find.

Or even stealth characters since they can't be countered.
  • Options
    This word was chosen cause of 95 % of top 100 PvPers have been stuck on these combos ..
    This is completely false.
  • Options
    U are **** right, that your nasty rebel pilots cant handle a gr8 sith.. Just jka, ep, can do it theyrsrlfs
  • Options

Still not the right use of 'stereotypical'.
  • Options
    I would like to help you find another word for stereotypical...redundant, maybe?

Also, very few are using Dooku under Nihilus from what I can tell. <4% based on data found at swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    I would like to help you find another word for stereotypical...redundant, maybe?

Also, very few are using Dooku under Nihilus from what I can tell. <4% based on data found at swgoh.gg

They must all be in my shard...lmao!

Kidding, but seriously. There are probably a half dozen to a dozen guys in the Top 50 on my shard running Nihilus with Dooku.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Ironically, my shard is 98% - the other way. Only 1 team in the top 50 runs Nihilus lead with Dooku in it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Bland? I think. Conformist (to the META) maybe? Oh, oh, I know, Game becoming "all Rebels"?

Joking aside, I think their is more variation across the board then there ever has been. This doesn't mean you don't see Wiggando a bajillion times... but it's better then in the past.

Also, I find Duku annoying. I'm glad the Sith got a boost, I wish Duku wasn't part of it, BUT.... BUT we also got x4 speed, which makes it less of an annoyance. I find Duku pong slightly entertaining once in a blue moon, also. But he is stoppable in so many ways.

And if you're having an issue with him, I'd say 5's would be even worse for you! You can at least clobber dukes... doesn't work so well against a real countering tank.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku wrecks 5s ;D
  • Options
    I would love to face a Nihilus Dooku team. Daze and stun would ruin his life.
  • Options
    Bland? I think. Conformist (to the META) maybe? Oh, oh, I know, Game becoming "all Rebels"?

Joking aside, I think their is more variation across the board then there ever has been. This doesn't mean you don't see Wiggando a bajillion times... but it's better then in the past.

Also, I find Duku annoying. I'm glad the Sith got a boost, I wish Duku wasn't part of it, BUT.... BUT we also got x4 speed, which makes it less of an annoyance. I find Duku pong slightly entertaining once in a blue moon, also. But he is stoppable in so many ways.

And if you're having an issue with him, I'd say 5's would be even worse for you! You can at least clobber dukes... doesn't work so well against a real countering tank.

What your seeing is your shard slowly transitioning to zaul meta... I used to think this too but now it's 45/50 zaul teams.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

What your seeing is your shard slowly transitioning to zaul meta... I used to think this too but now it's 45/50 zaul teams.

Again - I really wish people would stop presuming that their shard/experience is the only one. November '15 shard - there are 7 different leaders in the top 20 (there 8 until this morning - as someone switched from a zQGJ to a GK lead - probably just try it out).

So no, not all Zaul either. Still plenty of Zader, Zoba and even and FO team, a clone team, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I don't think this guy knows what a stereotype is.
    Anyways, Nihilus and Dooku can be dealt with with daze, healing immunity, or stuns. It's not hard. You can't just throw Wiggs at them and try to overpower them with your leet pilot gunslinger skills. I would much rather fight a Nihilus team over a rebel Chaze team, or zMaul because it's so easy to deal with the life drain.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I find it is really foolish this Nihilus-Dooku Combo that OP. I Killed 4 chars from opponent and last char was dooku vs 5 my chars. It killed All my **** chars alone as last resort. That life drain on counter attack is so much ****. Every one start sticking wedge -Biggs or Nih-Dooku Combo. I am just wondering whether we drop all chars and just play only with these... What kind of game it would be ?
    Heal debuff.
    Stealth.
    Bonus attack.
    Stun.
    Daze.
    Greivous' uncounterable basic.

Lots of options, buddy. Try using them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Who is your team? @ErsinBaba111
  • Options
    Carbonari wrote: »

I was the only one in my shard to use it until about a few days ago when a few guys on the bottom 50 started pairing their 3, 4 or 5* DN with Dooku, but they haven't been able to climb very high. I guess for now I'm the only one in my shard using it effectively
  • Options
    My top 5 is all Zaul, but other then that it's a pretty good mix. I've been playing since 2015 also and we all have deep rosters. Still doesn't mean the twin cheeseheads aren't around in abundance! Plenty of other variation. Even the top 5 zaul teams all have variations.

I kind of think the Boba re-work cracked it open. Not that it was him, but he was part of a a lot of new toons and reworks which have left a number of viable teams.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I don't think this guy knows what a stereotype is.
    Anyways, Nihilus and Dooku can be dealt with with daze, healing immunity, or stuns. It's not hard. You can't just throw Wiggs at them and try to overpower them with your leet pilot gunslinger skills. I would much rather fight a Nihilus team over a rebel Chaze team, or zMaul because it's so easy to deal with the life drain.

From Meriam -Webster :
    : to make a stereotype from
    a : to repeat without variation : make hackneyed ( My meaning for using )
    b : to develop a mental stereotype about

The point is not that. You got it **** right! So cut the crap get the point!