New Faction Idea: Wildcard

So here's an idea I just thought of.... Wildcard Factions.

This faction could be a new thing implemented with certain new characters, or added to older, underused characters like Mob Enforcer, Ugnaught, or CUP. I feel like it would definitely help out the boring Generic Characters that no one really uses or sees a purpose for.

Basically, the Wildcard faction would function as "This character shares the Factions of your Squad Leader". So basically, if you had a Rebel Squad with Wedge as leader, a Wildcard on your team would count as Attackers and Rebels. I don't think it would be too game breaking as most of these generic characters aren't exactly game-changers that would become OP just by being given the Rebel/Sith/Empire/Whatever tag. It could add some variation to team building, though.

One more restriction I would add is that if your Wildcard is Darkside/Lightside, they can only gain the faction tags of other Lightside/Darkside characters. So no Empire Police guys or Jedi Mob Enforcers....

If nothing else, it could be an interesting mechanic for a future Raid.

Replies

• MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    interesting, i like the idea +1
  • Options
    Awesome, Sith CUP ftw
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Siephyr wrote: »
    Awesome, Sith CUP ftw

Sith is a darkside faction, CUP is light side, wouldn't work.

Jedi Ugnaught on the other hand, my god. Put that sucker into p3 of the AAT raid and lol, he'll take 1000 turns.
  • Options
    I love the idea. What I would do to eliminate the problem with Light/Dark incompatibility though is to simply remove Light and Dark tags from such characters. There's nothing about them that inherently *needs* to be aligned with light or dark anyway. Might even be a nice prelude to seeing some characters that are traditionally associated with one or the other switching things up. I'd love to see a couple Dark Side Jedi for instance...

This would also work well for the Mercenary nature of many Mandalorians.