Another sith question with maul lead.

Jedilove3737
121 posts Member
edited March 2017
Ok. So I'm running zaul like everyone. Right now with DV, boba, and either EP and B2 or chaze. I have sidious g11 and ready to zeta but if I did I don't know who to run. I can't run chaze. If I take out B2 then it leaves only boba unstealthed. Will he just get clobbered? I have 31 zeta materials. Should I put the other one on my almost gear 10 kylo in a week when I have 40. You want Kylo to get hit right? Or will he just get clobbered too? Or do I level up my 3* SA? Need help. Zeta's are rare and I don't want to regret 3 weeks of work. I could have Kylo g11 in a week probably. Def want him for phase 1 HAAT. No one on my server runs a zidious. Is he that good against other sith teams? Does the maul aoe make him not as good? No extra turn meter when toons die? Suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Just curious, why can't you run Chaze?

Zaul, Zid, Chirrut, Baze and EP is a great team. Chirrut can cleanse the Daze from other Mauls and Baze provides a nice meatshield and AOE dispel. Zid + EP are very nice with Zaul.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Work on savage. You won't regret it. Zavage best zeta so far. Owner of zaul, zader, zooku and Zavage. Sid is last sith you want to zeta. Bout 1 week before I get Zid as well.
    Zavage solidifies zaul squads.
    http://imgur.com/Bam86vF
    http://imgur.com/nSPNN0L
  • Options
    The only team on my shard that gives me trouble is Zaul, EP, Zidious, Nihilus, and Baze. I win on offense more than half the time with Zaul, Nihilus, SA, Zylo, and EP. When I am facing that team Zidious is one of the biggest pains to me for some reason. I feel like he is always attacking every other turn and that expose can give the other team a head start. Zylo has saved me many matches because they AI for some reason think the best option is to attack Kylo with basic attacks. Zidious really messes up my Kylo because of the healing immunity. He can still gain prot through shock though. I hope this somewhat helps you.
  • Options
    SA assassin is on any best zaul team. Without her you are running a zaul team without reaching it's highest ability.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. @Vertigo. I could try that but I like DV and boba better than EP. This does help. @Jetlife I have been upgrading savage too and after Kylo I will put all energy on him. Currently have him g8 almost 9.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    I run Zaul lead, with 3 sith and Zylo. You are correct. Zylo getting hit only helps him. Watch him unleash havoc on a Zader team. He could end up with 10-15 dots and 100-150 bonus speed not to mention offense and defense gains.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is a tank required in a Zaul led team?
  • Options
    No. The stealth helps out a lot.
  • Options
    Gotcha. Is there any disadvantage of having a team of all siths behind stealth? Just thinking of maybe putting a 5th non sith toon.
  • Options
    Maul will likely get smoked
  • Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a question on topic. Whos the best fourth & fifth?:

Zaul L
    Zavage
    Nihilus

?

and is assassin or sith trooper better with this team?
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options

Zaul L
    Zavage
    Nihilus

?

Run both of them. Its a great team.
  • Options
    @WompWompRat. Depends on who is the 5th non sith is. He is most likely goin to take a beating since the other four will be stealthied, so needs to be tough and not squishy.
  • Options
    @WompWompRat. Depends on who is the 5th non sith is. He is most likely goin to take a beating since the other four will be stealthied, so needs to be tough and not squishy.

Yeah as much as I'm tempted to throw a fast TFP as the 5th, I have a feeling he'll get demolished immediately .. so maybe Shoretrooper or Sith Trooper then ..
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Work on savage. You won't regret it. Zavage best zeta so far. Owner of zaul, zader, zooku and Zavage. Sid is last sith you want to zeta. Bout 1 week before I get Zid as well.
    Zavage solidifies zaul squads.
    http://imgur.com/Bam86vF
    http://imgur.com/nSPNN0L

What's the best way to run Zavage? I threw him on my team, but found that he actually dies pretty quickly with all the buffs/debuffs on him from a culling blade or execute.
  • Options

Zaul L
    Zavage
    Nihilus

?

I run that exact team, except the 4 and 5 are sith trooper and sith assassin. https://swgoh.gg/u/tjbear/
    December 12, 2015 shard
  • Options
    What's the ideal Zaul team? I was going to do Zid next more for Rancor than anything else with Zader but reading this post making think not. I just zeta Maul but have yet to replace my Zader team. I run zader/ep/tfp/fett/shore.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Yeah as much as I'm tempted to throw a fast TFP as the 5th, I have a feeling he'll get demolished immediately .. so maybe Shoretrooper or Sith Trooper then ..

Yeah, there was a guy who ran a fast TFP as his fifth for like 2 hours. It works alright on offense if you can shut down the enemy team enough, but even with Foresight TFP just goes right down when he's the only easy one to target. Run someone tanky. Sith Trooper would be a great option for Zaul as he'll spread debuffs to the enemy team and is just as much meatshield as Shore is. Shore can be nice if you're using both Vader and EP because of the TM gain from his unique for empire allies, but I think Sith Trooper is better for the team overall.

I like to run STH personally because of all the Chaze/GK+Fives I see. (These people also have Zaul but they're whales and like to switch up their teams and have fun with them so I some days they'll run the triple cleanse and other days they'll run a zaul team thats like 40 speed faster than I am lol). STH's unique is a nice little addition because he'll be taking most of the damage and he can reduce some TM while he's at it. Plus if he does manage to get his taunt off (plenty of bobas/DNs to stop him) it'll feed even more TM my way which is nice. I occasionally switch in Shore if I'm facing a team thats got a lot of quick offense and I need a better meat shield. His +15% TM for Vader and EP when they use a special is nice, but not that game changing, and I usually find myself going back to STH to beat the better teams on my shard.