Guild question - for those members who don't follow rules??

I really wish there was a way to pm someone in-game, it would make the leader's life a little easier...

The new announcement thing released with the QoL update is cool and all, but how does this work exactly? Does this message come across or push even if members are minors or have chat settings turned off? If it doesn't, what's the point? I would think the point of the announcement is to have all members be able to see it...

OK - sorry, rant over...

Our guild is going through some growing pains, trying to establish some rules, etc. and we have some members who are not following them. I don't know of any warning or any other form of in-game communication (not the line app or anything - in-game only) other than chat and the new announcement feature. I obviously don't want to just go around kicking folks if I don't have to, but these members can't continue to go off and do what they want if we're trying to do good for the guild.

What would you guys do - or have done?

Replies

• Options
    Get them all on discord or line and communicate through that. If they continue to break the rules then boot them
  • Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    Get them all on discord or line and communicate through that. If they continue to break the rules then boot them

OK - but that kind of falls back on my complaint about if members are minors or have guild chat settings turned off - how can I communicate to everyone to have all members get on the stick?
  • Options
    The sticky announcement probably shows even if they have notifications in guild chat turned off. Minors, however, you have no way to communicate with.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    There is no good answer to that.
    You can update your guild description to include your discord name, and mention that it's required for all members. That at least helps those who fill the vacated spots.

Or once that description is changed, you could kick and immediately re-invite the offenders, hoping that they see it.
  • Options
    I run an MMO Guild, not our SWGoH guild, but here is what I know. First, everyone should be on Discord. It is one of the better (imo) Guild communication tools and was created specifically for gaming. If guild members can not / will not join the conversation, then it will be very tough to communicate the guild leader wishes.

If you feel like kicking someone who is inadvertent breaking the rules because the are not part of the conversation... better than losing great guild members who are contributing, because they are frustrated with the lack of leadership.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    We use in game only and put people on the bad list up top to put them on notice for breaking rules. That works pretty well and they get the boot if they break them again.
  • Options
    We use in game only and put people on the bad list up top to put them on notice for breaking rules. That works pretty well and they get the boot if they break them again.

up top where?