The Next Great Mechanic?

Zooey
1607 posts Member
We've had a few interesting new mechanics introduced with the last two series of toons. Nihilus can Annihilate, Sith can ignore protection, the Phoenix squad can heal protection, and we can now manipulate cooldowns with multiple different toons.

What's coming next?

My top suggestions:

1. Aoe-basic abilities. They've been pretty rigid in the past with making basic's single target only, but honestly, given how strong some of the current basics are, I don't see aoe basic abilities being a huge change. Just imagine how useful an aoe counter that applies a DoT effect would be!

2. Transforming toons. I mean by this toons that have two different sets of abilities that require a transformation to use. Think of a Light/Dark side Revan that does different things depending on which mode you're in.

3. Charge-up abilities. These would be similar to Nihilus's Annihilate but instead of operating on a cooldown, it would take a turn or two to execute. Maybe there could be an ability cancel as well - if you get dazed or stunned for example, the second part of the ability won't work.

4. On death abilities. We technically already have one of these with Old Ben, but I would love to see more and more creative ones. Even if OB didn't have his Unique, no one would ever target him first. I would love to see more pick-your-poison type toons.

5. Out-of-turn activated abilities Zihilus and Zader sort of work this way since every extra turn the enemy team takes, the more they get hurt. More abilities that are activated on the enemy's turn would help lessen the impact speed has on the game as a whole (and will probably make the game more interesting anyways).

What're your top suggestions? The more creative, controversial, and bizarre the better!

Naysayers and Nerfers not welcome.