Will any of the Phoenix folk have a zeta?

Prev1
fuhgawz
342 posts Member
Title

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    No one knows yet, hasn't been any word about it. They all have 1 ability at 7 after omegas except chopper. Chopper has 4 omegas and all his abilities are at lvl 8.
  • Options
    Eventually im sure. They won't be able to do sqaut against the zaul meta as is.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

And you know this because?
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

AOE daze shuts them down.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

So use a cleanser and 4 phoenix. Wow that was really hard.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Probably eventually. But the abilities listed so far don't show any.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

They're getting us to spend our current zetas on characters that counter the Phoenix Squad, then they'll release the zetas for all of them to counter us back and make us farm them.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Ok if all they had was counter attacks.

I don't know how they will do against zeta Maul teams since we have only seen the kits and not the stats for the other 3 yet.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

They're getting us to spend our current zetas on characters that counter the Phoenix Squad, then they'll release the zetas for all of them to counter us back and make us farm them.

By that time time they will be selling shards for the next meta.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I don't know how they will do against zeta Maul teams since we have only seen the kits and not the stats for the other 3 yet.

Uh yea it also negates there tm gain from using specs. And if you replace a member with a cleanser it really tones the synergy down. And a cleanser can easily be stunned by palpy or dooky.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    No
  • Mlađo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Hera will have zeta check swgoh.gg
  • Mlađo
    34 posts Member
    Options
    I mean she should have
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Mlađo wrote: »
    Hera will have zeta check swgoh.gg

Her Play to Strengths being her second unlocked ability, and still at level 7, does seem suspicious. Usually it's the last ability a character has that gets stuck at level 7.
  • Options
    Probably not any time soon. Zeta abilities could discourage "Padawans" from buying the new toons. Knowing that they wouldn't be able to unlock their full potential for a while.

Plus they already look OP...
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Probably not any time soon. Zeta abilities could discourage "Padawans" from buying the new toons. Knowing that they wouldn't be able to unlock their full potential for a while.

I'm not so sure on them being OP. All together in a squad sure, definitely impossible for Zader seeing as they heal when debuffed. But if you were to try to hybrid them into an existing meta, or use just three of them wanting to keep your Chaze or Wiggs in play, I don't think it would work.

With the exception of maybe Kanan and Ezra being added to Jedi teams, I don't think they'll be seen without the full squad. At best four of them plus a fifth meta character that fits anywhere like B2, Boba, or GK.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Uh yea it also negates there tm gain from using specs. And if you replace a member with a cleanser it really tones the synergy down. And a cleanser can easily be stunned by palpy or dooky.

My point is till they are released and all stats seen. You can't know for sure. you could be right but it is a guess because everything is theory crafting with them at this point.
    I also don't think you are going to see a full phoenix squad, same as you rarely see any full faction team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

My point is till they are released and all stats seen. You can't know for sure. you could be right but it is a guess because everything is theory crafting with them at this point.
    I also don't think you are going to see a full phoenix squad, same as you rarely see any full faction team.

The thing is, as you take away Phoenix members, the squad, as a whole loses it's synergies.

I honestly think (and again, just theory crafting) - that you are more likely to see one Phoenix member on another team, where his or her tags fit, rather than all (or even mostly) Phoenix teams.

As an example, none of Kanan's abilities specify Phoenix-only help. As such, he might be useful in Rebel or Jedi teams. The same might hold true for other Phoenix characters, but as you correctly point out, we won't know until we see their tags and how their abilities work with others - especially at higher levels.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in the 4+1 camp as well on phoenix (although I do also agree with Nikoms that some factions will be better with the new tags). Just guessing but I think the ideal comp will be Hera L, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper (or maybe Sabine), and GK/Zarris/Boba/Nihilus/B2. Or a 3+2 with Hera L, Kanan, Zeb, Chaze. I like Zeb giving protection back and giving max protection.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    I'm in the 4+1 camp as well on phoenix (although I do also agree with Nikoms that some factions will be better with the new tags). Just guessing but I think the ideal comp will be Hera L, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper (or maybe Sabine), and GK/Zarris/Boba/Nihilus/B2. Or a 3+2 with Hera L, Kanan, Zeb, Chaze. I like Zeb giving protection back and giving max protection.

Hera + Zeb + Chopper + EE + Zarriss. Hera puts the revive on EE, EE continues to revive everyone else. Zarriss makes your life hell, and Zeb and Chopper just spam protection gain. I know countered by Boba/DT/Nihilus but lol it'd be fun for GW.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think it will be, at least for a bit Hera, Kanan, Chirrut, Baze +1 phoenix (sabine/ezra)

That is if they fix kanan.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    I think it will be, at least for a bit Hera, Kanan, Chirrut, Baze +1 phoenix (sabine/ezra)

What's wrong with Kanan?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

What's wrong with Kanan?
    His taunt only lasts for 1 turn

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/99408/kanan-jarrus-intervene-taunt-is-not-lasting-for-2-turns#latest
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

What's wrong with Kanan?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/99408/kanan-jarrus-intervene-taunt-is-not-lasting-for-2-turns#latest

1 turn taunt at 95 speed on a jedi team w/o TM gain is basically 2 turns ;)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

What's wrong with Kanan?

1 turn taunt at 95 speed on a jedi team w/o TM gain is basically 2 turns ;)

lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Boy. So many conspiracists around here.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Boy. So many conspiracists around here.

I'm not paranoid, just ask my microwave.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »

I'm not so sure on them being OP. All together in a squad sure, definitely impossible for Zader seeing as they heal when debuffed. But if you were to try to hybrid them into an existing meta, or use just three of them wanting to keep your Chaze or Wiggs in play, I don't think it would work.

With the exception of maybe Kanan and Ezra being added to Jedi teams, I don't think they'll be seen without the full squad. At best four of them plus a fifth meta character that fits anywhere like B2, Boba, or GK.

I take the impossible Zader challenge, as soon someone provide a full 7*11 Phoenix team
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

I take the impossible Zader challenge, as soon someone provide a full 7*11 Phoenix team

DT would be the only thing I can think of to counter them. Have him do his AoE so they're inflicted with heal immunity, then hope they don't have a cleanser on their team. Otherwise you're back to square one with them healing every time Vader's DoT's refresh.
  • Options

Not OP? Go read Hera's leader ability, and then read up on all of Phoenix's uniques.

My original post was implying that there would be a full Phoenix squad. That way they could be at their highest potential.