Two months to a zeta

vessaharja
585 posts Member
edited March 2017
After a painful run with ships (they sucks) ze challenge was unlocked 1.5 weeks ago. Now have a whopping 4 mats. Woohoo!!

tumblr_inline_o23xcgAj7P1qje0il_500.gif

But waaaaait....! That makes 1 zeta = around 7.5 - 8 weeks!

giphy.gif

Again I'm in a place where I want to give some love to CG.

giphy.gif

Replies

• Options
    They have a shop that sells them.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Zeta material set of 20 = about 15 days full focus with good rank in fleet arena.

Shop + Challenge. I guess challenge drop rate is about 30%.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Gotta make the choice to buy them....hard choice over better ships, but the ships in GW are ok.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Gotta make the choice to buy them....hard choice over better ships, but the ships in GW are ok.

This
  • Options
    But essentially the only reason to rank high in ships is to get enough currency to buy Zetas no? No crystals as a reward. Ship combat is still pretty simple and no rewarding in itself to most players. So get to the point where you maintain top 50 or so and go full zeta.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    But essentially the only reason to rank high in ships is to get enough currency to buy Zetas no? No crystals as a reward. Ship combat is still pretty simple and no rewarding in itself to most players. So get to the point where you maintain top 50 or so and go full zeta.

top200 will only reward 100 tokens less, maintaining top50 isn't that important. Once i've got my 4th zeta i'm probably gonna start buying gear in the fleetstore. i need so freaking much gear.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

I usually have 1000-1200 token a day, so I buy zeta in fleet shipment and ship shards from GW shipment. Intermediary solution until I have my first zeta in some days. After, I will mix until I can unlock the challenge.

• TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SWGOH is a game of maximizing your limited resources. I got into the zeta game late (for which I am NOT impressed with myself!) and basically ignored ships for two months and zetas beyond the daily challenge. Not impressed with myself! But by the same token, I was able to get Darth Maul, Vader, and a few clones up to 7 *s by spending tokens on them, so I made my choice and have gotten a benefit from it.

When I did get started, I decided to make the choice to spend all my resources on ships to unlock the challenge. In the same amount of time, I probably could have unlocked 1 full zeta, but now I have enough ships to 5*s, I'm reliably in the top 500 (so 1000 token payout) every day, and I can run the challenge. That was the decision I made - to get my ships up to run the challenge. In the short term I lost out on a zeta and a bit, but I was thinking long term.

In the first week zeta's (since last Thursday, so 4 runs total), I've gotten 2/0/2/1/0/0/1/1 zeta's, or 7 total. RNG is RNG and all, but I'm now set for long term success. In the past 8 days I've also been able to buy 4 more zetas, so 11 total. I'll probably catch up to where I would have been if I just poured all my ship tokens into zeta's in a couple of months, and after that I'll start pulling ahead. Plus you know there are going to be more ship event coming down the road, so I'm set for them as well.

Basically make your choice based on what you want out of the game and live with it. That is the secret to happiness. :)
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    And after 2 months of farming, you decide to put it on vader, who will immediately be "Fixed" and mostly worthless, making you wait another 2 months for your next one.

make sure you pick one that will be useful in multiple phases so when (not if) he gets nerfed or countered he is still useful.

In my case i can now put up 1.4m in P2 of aat at least even if i can't successfully use him in arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

I usually have 1000-1200 token a day, so I buy zeta in fleet shipment and ship shards from GW shipment. Intermediary solution until I have my first zeta in some days. After, I will mix until I can unlock the challenge.

That's a good plan. I would also make a strick limit to the ships you buy from fleet store, it also doesn't hurt to build up close to a second zeta so you have it ready while farming ships from fleet store.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    I buy them in the ship store. Just don't see the benefits of dumping all my resources into ship shards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    I buy them in the ship store. Just don't see the benefits of dumping all my resources into ship shards.

You will....YOU WILL *creepy Yoda voice*
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »

You will....YOU WILL *creepy Yoda voice*

Lol. I'm sure
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    gunff wrote: »
    And after 2 months of farming, you decide to put it on vader, who will immediately be "Fixed" and mostly worthless, making you wait another 2 months for your next one.

make sure you pick one that will be useful in multiple phases so when (not if) he gets nerfed or countered he is still useful.

In my case i can now put up 1.4m in P2 of aat at least even if i can't successfully use him in arena.

Lol - the bitterness is high here - as is the exaggeration. I'm on a November 2015 shard (just after launch) several teams in the top 20 run Zeta Vader leads, so maybe you just need a better arena team. Hardly "mostly useless".

That said, it also pays to check the forums and bugs threads to see what is WAI and what is a bug they are looking into - especially with things as important as Zetas. While it is true that they fixed Vader's Zeta leadership bug, they also had stated for almost a month and half prior to doing so, that it wasn't working as intended. People looking to Zeta Kylo might want to take heed - although they haven't "officially" acknowledged his Zeta is not WAI to my knowledge (but the plus 1,000,000 protection vids might indicate otherwise).

TL;DR: Yes, read up on Zetas before investing. They are too important to be spending several weeks to drop it on Chewie. ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Fedegalante1891
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    E00N wrote: »
    Zeta material set of 20 = about 15 days full focus with good rank in fleet arena.

In 15 days you get average 7 through challenge.
    That leaves 13 to buy.
    At rank 5 you get 1500 a day, thats 11 in 15 days
    At rank 5, which you cant hold if you spend all your ship credits in Zs unless you drop a lot of cash into ships packs
    Realistically, you get a Z toon every 20 days, thats the usual math, unless your fleet is fully finished and can hold rank without investment

Still 15 days is a top 2-3 estimate, except in those weeks when you get awesome rng. On average, id say 20 with a top 10 rank?
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - the bitterness is high here - as is the exaggeration. I'm on a November 2015 shard (just after launch) several teams in the top 20 run Zeta Vader leads, so maybe you just need a better arena team. Hardly "mostly useless".

That said, it also pays to check the forums and bugs threads to see what is WAI and what is a bug they are looking into - especially with things as important as Zetas. While it is true that they fixed Vader's Zeta leadership bug, they also had stated for almost a month and half prior to doing so, that it wasn't working as intended. People looking to Zeta Kylo might want to take heed - although they haven't "officially" acknowledged his Zeta is not WAI to my knowledge (but the plus 1,000,000 protection vids might indicate otherwise).

TL;DR: Yes, read up on Zetas before investing. They are too important to be spending several weeks to drop it on Chewie. ;)

you are right it is more exageration than actual bitterness. but there is both. I'm on a december 2015 shard and zader can get into top 20, but before the "fix" i could easily take #1. now with zader it is difficult to even get to 10th. though with a few teaks (like removing zader and putting in rex) the team can get up to 1st again. proving my point of a wasted arena zeta.

@Nikoms565 Also, you might want to check on that zeta kylo point. It was in the last actual update release notes that it was fixed? Is it still bugged? rumor was it is fixed and still works ok?
  • Options
    E00N wrote: »

In 15 days you get average 7 through challenge.
    That leaves 13 to buy.
    At rank 5 you get 1500 a day, thats 11 in 15 days
    At rank 5, which you cant hold if you spend all your ship credits in Zs unless you drop a lot of cash into ships packs
    Realistically, you get a Z toon every 20 days, thats the usual math, unless your fleet is fully finished and can hold rank without investment

Still 15 days is a top 2-3 estimate, except in those weeks when you get awesome rng. On average, id say 20 with a top 10 rank?

Exactly what I've done. Got four 7* ships, 1 6* and only working on getting FOTF to 7* ATM. Currency is being held in case Slave I and scimi show up (5* and 4* respectively so far). once I've got FOTF to 6/7* I'll have banked a fair bit of currency (my estimation is around 20k).
    once done I'll be able to buy a Zeta every day and can use my banked currency on whenever those rare ships or GG shards appear. So in two weeks time which is how long it'll take me to get FOTF to 6* probably, I can go all out on zetas. Assuming okay drops from challenge I can get a Zeta every 2 weeks

I rank 1 in ship arena. Luckily I don't have the most competitive shard.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    gunff wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Nikoms565 Also, you might want to check on that zeta kylo point. It was in the last actual update release notes that it was fixed? Is it still bugged? rumor was it is fixed and still works ok?

i think they fixed his 700mil protection recovery bug. His escape cooldown reset in raids, wich some people think is a bug, still hasnt changed but might in the future.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Been saving my ship store credits the past days. Was pretty sure ship progress would need to be halted in order to get my 1st full z.
  • Options
    SWGOH is a game of maximizing your limited resources. I got into the zeta game late (for which I am NOT impressed with myself!) and basically ignored ships for two months and zetas beyond the daily challenge. Not impressed with myself! But by the same token, I was able to get Darth Maul, Vader, and a few clones up to 7 *s by spending tokens on them, so I made my choice and have gotten a benefit from it.

When I did get started, I decided to make the choice to spend all my resources on ships to unlock the challenge. In the same amount of time, I probably could have unlocked 1 full zeta, but now I have enough ships to 5*s, I'm reliably in the top 500 (so 1000 token payout) every day, and I can run the challenge. That was the decision I made - to get my ships up to run the challenge. In the short term I lost out on a zeta and a bit, but I was thinking long term.

In the first week zeta's (since last Thursday, so 4 runs total), I've gotten 2/0/2/1/0/0/1/1 zeta's, or 7 total. RNG is RNG and all, but I'm now set for long term success. In the past 8 days I've also been able to buy 4 more zetas, so 11 total. I'll probably catch up to where I would have been if I just poured all my ship tokens into zeta's in a couple of months, and after that I'll start pulling ahead. Plus you know there are going to be more ship event coming down the road, so I'm set for them as well.

Basically make your choice based on what you want out of the game and live with it. That is the secret to happiness. :)

h06zc35p257w.gif
    (Name checks out) :D

200w.gif 358.1K