Hoth Rebel Scout(HRS)

Prev1
Does anyone have any experience leveling this toon up and maxing his gear lvl? His base speed doesn't look that slow and his TM gain abilities seem interesting. I currently have him sitting around G8 and 7* but i'm wondering if he is worth gearing to max and inserting worthy mods into, or have I already wasted too much on him. I don't expect arena worthiness but just curious if he would be a good alt rebel for GW or a B team on raids. Any insight from someone who has him maxed would be appreciated.

Replies

• ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you need him to get Palpatine, I wouldn't go crazy on him.
  • Options
    Seen him as a replacement in hAAT p4, where he did 700k on his own-more than sthan.
  • Options
    Seen him as a replacement in hAAT p4, where he did 700k on his own-more than sthan.

Interesting, appreciate the reply. I need to replace STH anyway in my rebel super team, which is just barely super with him still included.
  • Options
    @Exleton if you can spare 2 vaults go for Chaze, seen them do 20% of p2 hAAT when paired with Jyn lead and Wiggs...
  • Options
    @Exleton if you can spare 2 vaults go for Chaze, seen them do 20% of p2 hAAT when paired with Jyn lead and Wiggs...

Chaze is definitely on my list, but even with the vault, it might take me some time. That's why I was curious on the utility of HRS since I already have a head start on him, but it might be more useful for me just to save my G9-11 mats for that duo.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Go for it, hes good
  • Options
    I got him to 82/IX for the EP event. Funny but I found him to be the most fun toon of the group (Ackbar, Lando, STHan, Biggs, HRS)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I got him to 82/IX for the EP event. Funny but I found him to be the most fun toon of the group (Ackbar, Lando, STHan, Biggs, HRS)

Yup, load him up with crit chance and he's taking turns twice as often as everyone else. He's also super fun for the LS missions where it's all Empire enemies cuz he'll gain almost full TM when you kill two of 'em. His unique is also helpful for the tank raid because he's guaranteed to start the topple with at least 22.5% TM as you have to kill the turrets to topple, and if you kill more than one at a time, he can be pretty close to full TM going into the topple. He was one of my first characters to gear X, used to use him in the arena, but had to take him out. He's still a great character for a rebel team in the raid though.
  • Options
    I love HRS. I don't roll Wedge Antilles (I know, name one other person who doesn't) but when I've borrowed him for Challenges, LS/Cantina battles Scout got the huge dmg boost too -- so if you roll Wiggs he would be a great fit.

Under Ackbar lead my HRS (g10, maxed abilities/Omegas, 8500 power) only gets about 12-14k on his special and about another 8-9k on his basic immediately following that. I don't regret gearing him up but really only gets spot duty these days. Not a primary option but sounds like you're just looking to mix things up, in which case he's a fine toon.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    He is a hidden gem in my book. He was definitely my vanity toon. I farmed and geared him juat because I really liked him. He can be good but nothing overwhelming especially now with toons like Chaze Wiggs Lando to put into a Rebel team
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I love HRS. I don't roll Wedge Antilles (I know, name one other person who doesn't) but when I've borrowed him for Challenges, LS/Cantina battles Scout got the huge dmg boost too -- so if you roll Wiggs he would be a great fit.

Under Ackbar lead my HRS (g10, maxed abilities/Omegas, 8500 power) only gets about 12-14k on his special and about another 8-9k on his basic immediately following that. I don't regret gearing him up but really only gets spot duty these days. Not a primary option but sounds like you're just looking to mix things up, in which case he's a fine toon.

I name myself ;) My wedge is still 5 stars and thats only cuz we got free shards for him lol. He works wonderfully under a wedge lead, but I usually run him with ackbar because I only use him in raids now and his basic giving TM is honestly great. That + Leia (Don't have clones so she gets to be in my rebel team) and Leia takes a ton of turns. It kinda makes up for not being able to gain TM for each crit, and if Biggs calls him to assist he'll be giving TM out of turn. (He can also give himself TM which is great) I just wish they made his TM gain chance doubled for Rebels or something to give him actual rebel synergy instead of just anti-empire synergy.
  • Options
    Appreciate the replies! Alleviated some my worry that he was a CUP. I'll max him up, throw him in my HAAT team and have some fun.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    Appreciate the replies! Alleviated some my worry that he was a CUP. I'll max him up, throw him in my HAAT team and have some fun.
    Nah, he's not another CUP. He's just a character who once was very good but he's been overtaken by the latest & greatest, relegating him to the average/okay category. Still much better than a CUP or Farmer Luke if only for the fact that he has decent faction synergy.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Try and get his crit chance to at least 50/55% so you can maximize the effectiveness of his special before you start going for crit damage. If you aren't running Leia/Raid Han you might want to go with more crit chance and less crit damage as well. I think I only have a crit damage primary on mine and usually move some mods from Ahsoka and Sidious onto him when I put him in the raid. But for GW I put a bit more health on him so he's less squishy.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Try and get his crit chance to at least 50/55% so you can maximize the effectiveness of his special before you start going for crit damage. If you aren't running Leia/Raid Han you might want to go with more crit chance and less crit damage as well. I think I only have a crit damage primary on mine and usually move some mods from Ahsoka and Sidious onto him when I put him in the raid. But for GW I put a bit more health on him so he's less squishy.

I have Ackbar, Wiggs, and Leia G11, and some decent speed crit mods laying around in reserve. I'll probably throw in a set of crit dmg, and crit chance. I think Leia can bring that crit chance to 55% no problem. I'll probably be moving Raid Han up soon too but he's not leveled or geared at all atm, and not quite 7*.
  • Options
    CUP isn't fit to shine HRSc's shoes. Scout is a great hero, but there are so many Rebel characters out there now that there just isn't a spot for him. I still use him every day on at least one GW node just to give him some exercise. Never geared him past g10. He's fast, does good damage, and inflicts stun + gain 100% TM when his special crits. What's not to like? Solid hero.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

I have Ackbar, Wiggs, and Leia G11, and some decent speed crit mods laying around in reserve. I'll probably throw in a set of crit dmg, and crit chance. I think Leia can bring that crit chance to 55% no problem. I'll probably be moving Raid Han up soon too but he's not leveled or geared at all atm, and not quite 7*.

Yeah as long as you have Leia/Raid Han in there to buff crit chance should be fine. But even with them I recommend at least 45 if you can. His base crit chance is about 34% so with crit chance up buff he's at about 60%, but if you can get his base chance to 45 he'll be at 70% which should be even more reliable, and 45% is doable with crit dmg sets as long as you can get a few decent crit chance secondaries in there. Mines at 46% before I move the crit damage mods on from Ahsoka/Sid and I think its usually still about 43/44% with that set.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    he's super fun with an acbkar lead, although i think on average you will get more turn meet from scarriff rebel pathfinder (but he deals less damage)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    he's super fun with an acbkar lead, although i think on average you will get more turn meet from scarriff rebel pathfinder (but he deals less damage)

SRP is a lot slower, deals a lot less damage and has a 100% chance to grant 15% TM (15% avg). HRS has a 40% chance to give 25% TM (10% avg). So yeah you average more TM gain from SRP's basic, but he won't be using his basic nearly as often as HRS. HRS is about 30% faster at unmodded speed, which doesn't mean much, but he's certainly faster. But HRS can also grant HIMSELF 25% TM. SRP only grants 15% TM to everyone else, not himself. So HRS will be compounding his speed with his own TM gain, as well as just being able to do a lot more damage. Especially when it comes to ackbar lead and the assists because HRS can give himself 25% TM out of turn and then go more often, if you call SRP to assist he does a lot less damage and can't give himself TM so he won't be able to keep spreading TM.
  • Options
    The absolute best part/most fun aspect of HRS is his TM boost. The stun is nice but honestly seeing him dish out and use the TM love is really nice. During my final battle with EP, Vader and 2X RG, it was HRS TM bonuses that really helped out my team
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    The absolute best part/most fun aspect of HRS is his TM boost. The stun is nice but honestly seeing him dish out and use the TM love is really nice. During my final battle with EP, Vader and 2X RG, it was HRS TM bonuses that really helped out my team

Oh yeah HRS was the MVP of my rebel team in the EP event by far. Stun + 100% TM gain, then give more TM to team, then gets call to assist and RG goes down. Gives himself 25% TM and then 45% from unique and he's back at 70% TM and goes next lol. HRS is a TMG champ, and definitely underrated.
  • Options
    Yeah he took down the RGs good for me too! He needs a Zeta lolz
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah he took down the RGs good for me too! He needs a Zeta lolz

Too bad all of his skills already have omegas :c
  • Options
    Yeah exactly ha ha. I kind of miss using him, now that the EP event is over.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    I had him maxed out back during level 80 cap. He still sits with the same gear to this day.
    He isn't terrible but there is so many other good rebels that outclass him.
    All he does is give a bit of tm to your rebels and he can stun somebody with his special. Just not that useful anymore. I wouldn't invest much into him. He was never arena worthy and he definitely isn't anymore
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I never got HRSc geared up, but I do believe he can be a good toon. But as others have said, it's hard to find a place for him now.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah exactly ha ha. I kind of miss using him, now that the EP event is over.

Yeah I love using him. Part of what I look forward to for AAT raids, and for a while I used him in my rancor team. Teebo (L), STH, Fives, QGJ, HRSc. Didn't have too many TMR people so I used him to boost TM for Teebo and QGJ lol. Was able to solo p1 with that team, but wasn't really good enough for the full raid by a lot.
  • Options
    Yeah totally. And I agree with folks here. He's not horrible, but just selectively useful and not a must-have in any team .. but man, love that feeling of the stun/TM combo!
  • Options
    I have 7* Gear 11, and he's why I have 7* EP, and he shines in P4 hAAT if you aren't going to topple.
  • Options
    I have 7* Gear 11, and he's why I have 7* EP, and he shines in P4 hAAT if you aren't going to topple.

And that's exactly where he is going. P4HAAT with my rebels. Good to know.