LvL 80 Wiggs Rebel Team, lost focus

hilikus
109 posts Member
Hi,

I am in a 12/16 Shard and am doing ok so far.
https://swgoh.gg/u/hilikus/

As you can see, I am running Lando (L), Wiggs, Boba, ST Han.

I recently (3 weeks ago) started farming Mods on a regular basis and have 3 starred the Health, defense, Crit Chance challenges. I am throwing my cantina energy 3 days a week, the rest I use for shards. AtM that is Ayala (Yoda challenge and AAT Lead). When Ayala is done, I will switch to TFP (Crit dmg challenge) and B2 afterwards.
As you can see, I got a bit side tracked to get my Executrix to 5*. I am just about 70 shards shy of having 8 5* ships for the zeta challenge. Also i pumped my Jedi for the Yoda challenge (and thought about switching to a Jedi Arena Team which got pretty much nerfed with the Maul Meta).

Ok, so this is where I stand. Now I need to know what to do.
What I am (pretty) sure of: Continue to develop Wiggs and Boba.
As soon as Baze will be faramble: Get him, gear him, switch out ST Han or Lando.

So in the end, I know Lando and ST Han would be good to get to g11 eventually (Raids), the question is: where should I focus now? Should I try to pump EP and replace Lando with him?

Replies

• Options
    You are on a shard that's roughly the same age as mine. That means you're likely going to see more Sith teams start creeping up the ladder and they will start picking apart your wiggs (and future chaze) combos. But honestly, seeing your other toons, it might be too late/too much of a slog to try and chase the current meta so ideally you might want to just keep focusing on beefing up your rebel team and getting good mods.

You can work on EP in the background, but I see no benefit of adding EP in favor of Lando since your team won't be getting leader benefits. If you're really game on working on EP as a future lead, then yes, build up TFP, build up some empire toons like RG or Shoretrooper and of course Vader. But it all depends on what you want to do in arena I guess is the question for me.
  • hilikus
    109 posts Member
    Options
    But it all depends on what you want to do in arena I guess is the question for me.
    Of course you are right.

I see two options:
    first:
    I focus on Jedi, because that is why I installed the game in the first place. **** Arena and just be patient until there will be Jedi Meta in the future. I estimate I should still make top 200 with them, if I zeta QGJ. Unfortunately, GK is not really an option. My guild is not HAAT ready and neither am I...

Alternative:
    Focus on staying high in the arena in which case I really have no clue where to focus. Should I hunt for the current sith meta and try to build a team? Should I stay with wiggs and boba and replace Han and/or Lando. If so, with whom?

I am leaning towards the alternative, provided I can get some advice on a viable direction. So what do you think?
  • stryder
    42 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am basically in the exact same boat as you (I even run the exact same team as you in Arena):
    https://swgoh.gg/u/stryder/

For what it's worth, here's my plan:
    1) Finish out maxing my current Arena/Rebel team so that it's as strong as possible (and ready to go to Gear 12 if necessary whenever they decide to raise the cap).
    2) Build out a strong Dark Side team, probably including EP, Darth Vader, TFP and Royal Guard (I'm still debating on the 5th spot - perhaps Boba). This will allow me to be stronger in Heroic Rancor, and work towards a Chirpatine team for P3 of AAT.
    3) Build out my Jedi squad (like you, I really, really, want to do this, but I'm holding off for right now).

Not sure if that helps you, but it's what I'm doing :)
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    I am on a 12/15 shard, had a few game breaks, came back after a 5 month hiatus in December and was getting dominated
    Switched to Wiggando (even with a 6* G8 wedge) and am now pushing under the top 100 every day - other members are STHan and Leia for now
    I would never recommend getting rid of Lando, mine is gear 11 and if he doesn't die by his 3rd special the other team is usually on it's last legs - if Lando dies first Wiggs and Leia floor everyone - I very rarely lose on offense even against 'meta' teams
    I would recommend continuing down this course - you will never hit #1 but unless you are a whale you will also never catch the meta either - it will always be changing based on the new event toons
    As for Baze, he will always be useful and should replace STHAN but at the same time you have months before he is farmable and ready to mix it up, so don't focus on replacing anyone
    Arena should always take priority because it generates the most crystals = raid gear with some saving up
    Just my opinion
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    A easy way for you to stay relevant is to switch to a Rex lead.
    Who should you ditch? Lando. Then ditch wiggs... But first things first; Lando out, Rex in.

Obviously there are other ways to go, but with Rex that's only one toon to train.