Guild officer only chat

Will there ever be one? Where officers can chat on subjects that affect the guild.

Replies

• Options
    Maybe in the future, but best is just to use LINE or Discord. Here you can place links / screenshots / google docs. Something ingame will never be possible.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Maybe in the future, but best is just to use LINE or Discord. Here you can place links / screenshots / google docs. Something ingame will never be possible.
    This. After being in a guild that has used both, I'd give the nod to Discord. But both can be useful for what the OP is asking about.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Lots of things to add to the game before that, stick to Line
  • Options
    Discord is your friend here...
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Will there ever be one? Where officers can chat on subjects that affect the guild.

we keep no secrets in our guild. we discuss everything in game only. no reason not to imo.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »

we keep no secrets in our guild. we discuss everything in game only. no reason not to imo.

You discuss inactivity openly ? Potential Warning openly ?
    We would be lost without Discord... we have 8 open guild channels and 6 specific officer ones
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

We would be lost without Discord... we have 8 open guild channels and 6 specific officer ones

yep we discuss all subjects openly. it's a great motivator to the inactive when we start talking inactivity.

we haven't had to warn anyone that i know of. we pretty much announce rules and then it's a 3 strikes your out type of thing.
  • Options
    I thought it was supposed to be in the QOL upgrade, but I don't see it. The problem with Line and Discord is you can't make everyone get on it.
  • Options
    I think that's a good idea but again there's line and discord for that. Now if officers could send messages in game, that'd be much better
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

yep we discuss all subjects openly. it's a great motivator to the inactive when we start talking inactivity.

we haven't had to warn anyone that i know of. we pretty much announce rules and then it's a 3 strikes your out type of thing.

One of my past guilds tried doing this, and we stayed together for quite a while because we were all so close knit, but the problem still arose over organization. Especially when we started to try and do HAAT. The in game chat was so limited; it was hard to schedule times, release raid rules and make them stick etc. We eventually fell apart from lack of organization.

With my current guild, we have a dedicated channel for reference just for raid rules so JarJaring is not excusable such as, "I didn't know", or "I didn't see it". We post teams and power and dmg report from HAAT before we even begin in four separate channels so we know even before we start where we will hit and for how much dps. My old guild would never ever have been able to do HAAT without Discord even if everyone's power was theoretically possible and able to do it.

I'm not trying to say what you are doing is wrong, just a couple thoughts that perhaps you haven't considered.
  • Options
    Discord.
    Without it I don't think our guild would have made it through our first heroic Pit.
    Now we have an officers-only channel to discuss inactivity and raid strategy, but we also have dedicated channels for each aspect of the game where players may need guidance: mods, PVP, ships, etc.

It is a great resource, not just a basic communication tool. Of course, we also have a channel just for **** and gifs.
  • Options
    Discord and Slack are optimal solutions for what you're trying to achieve. I'd stay away from Line - in comparison to Discord and Slack, it's missing functionally, features, usability, etc.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    Discord is an awesome tool. Works great. It is mandatory to be on for our guild. You don't need to actively chat, but our rules, announcements, etc., are always posted for reference.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options
    I agree that things need to be discussed openly. Just not all things. There's a reason they have officers in guilds, not just to help run things, but to help with decisions that could affect the whole guild. Some of those decisions aren't popular. Thank you guys for the feedback, I haven't used line or discord before
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    We use line, and when I became an officer that was th first thing I did, create an officers club.

Chat gets too bogged down with stuff not everyone needs to be involved in. We have open votes on all rules and decisions, but no reason to have everyone involved right from the start or you get no where.

And yes there are sensitive subjects that not everyone has a say in and officers and leaders need to make hard calls for the betterment of the group.