Boba Fett Full Thermal Detonator Team

Prev1
AhnaldT101
140 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hey what's going on guys!?

Got a video I uploaded yesterday that I wanted to share with you. Lot of people asked me to make a Boba Fett lead with only thermal detonator characters of the scoundrel/bounty hunter faction so they could see how it would work under Boba's new leadership so here it is!

Summary: Full thermal detonator team will not be viable because Nute Gunray and Mob Enforcer are not all that good (gameplay was really rough for them and got destroyed by many current meta teams). If you replace those two with maybe other non-thermal detonator characters and a good tank you will probably have better luck!

Issues: Bounty Hunters are lacking a really good tank, currently most thermal detonator/bounty hunter characters will not outrun most other teams like Maul zeta lead or TFP, and thermal detonators can be dispelled which defeats the purpose of a full thermal detonator team.

Feedback for Improvement: Gives us Bossk, Embo, or Jango Fett with one of them being a good tank! Make a leader that would prevent thermal detonators from being dispelled kind of like Vader's zeta regarding DoT.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c53-93j-0k

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not sure a leader ability luke that would be so great, because boba BH leader ability is pretty great. Maybe just a zeta unique that ends when they die.
  • AhnaldT101
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Not sure a leader ability luke that would be so great, because boba BH leader ability is pretty great. Maybe just a zeta unique that ends when they die.

Yeah something of that sort. Doesn't have to necessarily be a leader ability upgrade to Boba because he is already solid but either the introduction of a new leader or perhaps a unique of some sort to other under appreciated characters like Zam would be interesting to see. But I'm leaning more of something which prevents thermals from being dispelled until that particular character is defeated kind of what you are saying as well. Just something to make thermal detonators stick around longer and not be dispelled so quickly.
  • Options
    Buff mob please
  • Options
    Buff mob please

Zeta CUP please
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    Buff mob please

Zeta CUP please

Would that be ZUP, or ZZZ?
  • Options
    Buff mob please

Zeta CUP please

Would that be ZUP, or ZZZ?

Zoruscant Znderworld Zolice to be exact ;)

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    AhnaldT101 wrote: »

Yeah something of that sort. Doesn't have to necessarily be a leader ability upgrade to Boba because he is already solid but either the introduction of a new leader or perhaps a unique of some sort to other under appreciated characters like Zam would be interesting to see. But I'm leaning more of something which prevents thermals from being dispelled until that particular character is defeated kind of what you are saying as well. Just something to make thermal detonators stick around longer and not be dispelled so quickly.

Maybe give Greedo the ability? Like change his leader ability to a second unique that gives bonuses to BH/Thermals.

Ambuscade (Unique):

All Bounty Hunter allies gain 5-15% potency and have 5-30% additional critical damage when attacking enemies with thermal detonators. As long as Greedo is alive Thermal Detonators cannot be dispelled unless they explode, and cannot be resisted by enemies suffering from a debuff.
    Upgrade Levels:
    1. BH allies gain 5% potency. BH allies have 5% critical damage against debuffed enemies.
    2. +5% potency
    3. +5% crit damage
    4. +5% crit damage
    5. +5% potency
    6. +5% crit damage
    7. +10% crit damage
    8. As long as greedo is alive TDs cannot be dispelled unless they explode and cannot be resisted by enemies suffering a debuff
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Maybe give Greedo the ability? Like change his leader ability to a second unique that gives bonuses to BH/Thermals.

Ambuscade (Unique):

All Bounty Hunter allies gain 5-15% potency and have 5-30% additional critical damage when attacking enemies with thermal detonators. As long as Greedo is alive Thermal Detonators cannot be dispelled unless they explode, and cannot be resisted by enemies suffering from a debuff.
    Upgrade Levels:
    1. BH allies gain 5% potency. BH allies have 5% critical damage against debuffed enemies.
    2. +5% potency
    3. +5% crit damage
    4. +5% crit damage
    5. +5% potency
    6. +5% crit damage
    7. +10% crit damage
    8. As long as greedo is alive TDs cannot be dispelled unless they explode and cannot be resisted by enemies suffering a debuff

I love this, but since TDs count as debuffs this might be a little OP. Once they get 1 they would have every other one stick.... with the tm granted from boba ability this would lead to a run away train effect. Just a thought.
  • Options

Ambuscade (Unique):

Upgrade Levels:
    2. +5% potency
    3. +5% crit damage
    4. +5% crit damage
    5. +5% potency
    6. +5% crit damage
    7. +10% crit damage

I love this, but since TDs count as debuffs this might be a little OP. Once they get 1 they would have every other one stick.... with the tm granted from boba ability this would lead to a run away train effect. Just a thought.

Perhaps have a max cap on the number of TD that stick after a cleanse, or perhaps have a limit on the number of TDs a cleanse can dispell. This would prevent 10-12 TDs from sticking after several turns but still keep the TD threat viable.
  • Options
    Unless Daze and Shock can be cleansed/resisted, Bounty Hunters are severely limited by TM gains from TD's.

Also, tenacity up destroys both speed and damage potential for them.

I run a full BH squad in arena and face these harsh realities daily.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    too bad that boba's lead with zam doesn't work to well.

No dengar?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Ambuscade (Unique):

Upgrade Levels:
    2. +5% potency
    3. +5% crit damage
    4. +5% crit damage
    5. +5% potency
    6. +5% crit damage
    7. +10% crit damage

Perhaps have a max cap on the number of TD that stick after a cleanse, or perhaps have a limit on the number of TDs a cleanse can dispell. This would prevent 10-12 TDs from sticking after several turns but still keep the TD threat viable.

I mean, if the enemy pops a tenacity up buff before the BH's go they still have to wait it out. Also the TDs don't come back when they explode, only when they're cleansed. Once they have 1 TD stick on each person they would have the rest stick until they explode. And with Zam in there you're gonna want to explode them, and the TDs are only available through specials and they can still be dodged. BHs still wouldn't have a tank so they'd be all offense, and still don't have a first turn advantage. I don't think it'd be that OP. Plus Zam can only pop the TDs if she doesn't have to bypass a taunt. Only Boba can ignore the taunts, so once the TDs on the taunter are gone, Zam wouldn't be able to keep steam rolling the team, they'd have to work around it a little bit.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Feedback for Improvement: Gives us Bossk, Embo, or Jango Fett with one of them being a good tank! Make a leader that would prevent thermal detonators from being dispelled kind of like Vader's zeta regarding DoT.

I would like to see it go a step farther. Make it dangerous to disarm TDs.
    Tamper Proof - Detonators applied while [hunter] is alive have a 50% chance to resist dispells. If dispelled, the Thermal Detonator explodes immediately doing 50% more damage. This ability ceases when [hunter] dies.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »

Tamper Proof - Detonators applied while [hunter] is alive have a 50% chance to resist dispells. If dispelled, the Thermal Detonator explodes immediately doing 50% more damage. This ability ceases when [hunter] dies.

+1
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    All the devs have to do is place the lock symbol above TDs so they can't be dispelled and have to explode.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options

Maybe change that so if dispel is resisted it explodes immediately for 50% more damage. Make cleansing be a gamble.
  • Options
    I always kind of wanted to try Boba (L), 88, Zam, Greedo, & Je. No idea if it would work but could be fun.
  • Options
    I run boba lead, 88, zam, greed sun fac/dengar depending on enemy. There's really no team I can't beat....but....they are bad on defense and people will target you for an easy win.
  • Options
    Doomhammer wrote: »
    I run boba lead, 88, zam, greed sun fac/dengar depending on enemy. There's really no team I can't beat....but....they are bad on defense and people will target you for an easy win.

This :(
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tank isn't really necessary for a bounty hunter Squad. Boba's leader ability turns them all into tanks.

Stack potency mods and crosses on all bounty hunters. Look for high speed secondaries of course.

Boba(L), Greedo, Zam, IG-88, Dengar.

The squishiest one among them (IG-88) has 34,000 health in a full Boba led, potency stacked Bounty Hunter Squad... That is more health than ShoreTrooper has... Dengar ends up with around 56,000 health...

Tanks are completely unnecessary. There's also no point in throwing extra thermal detonator users in there unless they are bounty hunters. Throwing anyone in there who isn't a bounty hunter actually DECREASES the survivability of everyone in the squad. They lose tons of health to bring in another character with health comparable to what their's was before they brought him in. I get that tanks have damage mitigation, but all that extra health on everyone outweighs the tank's usefulness in my opinion

Well... If there was ONE person I would consider throwing in there outside of that squad it would be Jawa Scavenger. The auto thermal detonators whenever an opponent damages an ally, and the Scrap Bomb that detonates them MIGHT make him worth it over another bounty hunter (Dengar most likely) but probably not.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Tank isn't really necessary for a bounty hunter Squad. Boba's leader ability turns them all into tanks.

Stack potency mods and crosses on all bounty hunters. Look for high speed secondaries of course.

The squishiest one among them (IG-88) has 34,000 health in a full Boba led, potency stacked Bounty Hunter Squad... That is more health than ShoreTrooper has... Dengar ends up with around 56,000 health...

Tanks are completely unnecessary. There's also no point in throwing extra thermal detonator users in there unless they are bounty hunters. Throwing anyone in there who isn't a bounty hunter actually DECREASES the survivability of everyone in the squad. They lose tons of health to bring in another character with health comparable to what their's was before they brought him in. I get that tanks have damage mitigation, but all that extra health on everyone outweighs the tank's usefulness in my opinion

Well... If there was ONE person I would consider throwing in there outside of that squad it would be Jawa Scavenger. The auto thermal detonators on AoE, and the Scrap Bomb that detonates them MIGHT make him worth it over another bounty hunter (Dengar most likely) but probably not.

I feel like having Jawa Scav detonate the bombs is a bad idea because it takes away from Zam being able to roll through multiple enemies with Detonators.
  • Options

Well... If there was ONE person I would consider throwing in there outside of that squad it would be Jawa Scavenger. The auto thermal detonators on AoE, and the Scrap Bomb that detonates them MIGHT make him worth it over another bounty hunter (Dengar most likely) but probably not.

I feel like having Jawa Scav detonate the bombs is a bad idea because it takes away from Zam being able to roll through multiple enemies with Detonators.

Only works on jawa allies
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Only works on jawa allies

Oh I thought he was just putting him in to AOE explode the detonators, read that too fast. I mean he'd still have a 50% chance to place a TD when he was hit. Not worth it though, and still gets in the way of Zam.
  • Darthenstein
    1205 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Greedo could have Tripwire unique

Tripwire: (Passive)
    Dispelling/Removing Thermal Detonators make them detonate for +50 % damage.
    When this happens (A Thermal detonating via dispel-ability), allied Bounty Hunters gain 20 % Turn meter.

Panicked retaliation (Passive) (A defensive move)
    Whenever Greedo is hit with an attack, he has 30 % chance of placing a Thermal Detonator on that attacker.
    Also gains Evasion Up for 2 turns.

Bossk
    Goading Insult (Passive)

Whenever a Thermal Detonator is detonated, Bossk gains Taunt.
    For each Thermal Detonator that exploded, Bossk gains 1 % Health.

1 Thermal detonated: Bossk Taunts for 1 turn.
    2-4: Bossk taunts for 2 turns.
    5+ Bossk taunts for 3 turns.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Food for thought,

Instead of making thermals un-dispelleble make them punish targets that have bombs/exploded or cleansed in any manner other than exploding from timer.

Make it something like this: place thermal detonators on all targets that explodes after 2 turns, if the thermal detonator is removed in any way before 2 turns deal an additional 25% damage and inflict 1 DoT

I think that makes thermals more unique and actually more viable
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Whazn wrote: »

Maybe change that so if dispel is resisted it explodes immediately for 50% more damage. Make cleansing be a gamble.

I thought about that but I was wanting to keep it unexploded for the characters you can take advantage of it. But that works as well. Make people have to think about an AOE cleanse.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Food for thought,

Instead of making thermals un-dispelleble make them punish targets that have bombs/exploded or cleansed in any manner other than exploding from timer.

Make it something like this: place thermal detonators on all targets that explodes after 2 turns, if the thermal detonator is removed in any way before 2 turns deal an additional 25% damage and inflict 1 DoT

It sounds like we're all in agreement on making TDs a risky option to dispel. Hope the devs are listening.
  • Options
    Zeta zam thermal detinators that a dispelled are reapplied imo fits to zeta nature
  • Options
    @AhnaldT101
    Thanks Ahnald, we love you, you're amazing, and you make awesome videos. Thanks for all the entertainment!
  • Options
    @AhnaldT101
    Thanks Ahnald, we love you, you're amazing, and you make awesome videos. Thanks for all the entertainment!

Hey no problem! Always fun to make these videos and its great to hear you guys are enjoying them!

xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Food for thought,

It sounds like we're all in agreement on making TDs a risky option to dispel. Hope the devs are listening.

You guys have been having a great discussion on this and I really do hope the devs saw this forum discussion or the video. I really do like the idea of letting TD's be dispelled but making it very risky to do so. Not all that easy to diffuse a bomb or get rid of one so they should incorporate that somehow. Kind of like hot potato :D