Payouts & Snipe Protection

The issue: Being sniped and then handcuffed at payout due to server lag.

Scenario: 1 person(if using refresh) or 2 people can lock an account out of combat for 20 minutes without any chance of retaliation. You can spam attack/refresh all you want but due to server lag you cannot get in combat quick enough.

Possible solution 1: Accounts cannot be attacked for 30-60 seconds after dropping rank. This would allow the server time to update on the client side, and allow the person who dropped rank to attack someone else and get in combat to hold/gain rank back.

My Next 2 solutions are not my Fav because they do not encourage competition. But the current system isn't true PVP and is Gamed by players anyway, so this just helps facilitate the current system.

Possible solution 2: This has been brought up before but allow players to change their payout time. This would have a cost obviously so it does not get abused. But would solve other issues besides arena payout, such as extended travel or someone moving time zones or day light savings time.

Possible solution 3: Change the reward system ex. 1-10 all get 325 crystals. Shard mates already coordinate payouts so unless the system is changed this rewards everyone coordinating.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Cheers!

Replies

• Options
    Payout at your normal payout time but based on your highest rank for the day. Then no one will have a set time they have to battle.
  • Options
    @UltimateZeus I like it!...it could also be gamed like the current system so I'd think rewards would need to be adjusted so there isn't a major influx of crystals. But I'm sure EA could monitor payouts and adjust accordingly.
  • Options
    Deeznuttz wrote: »
    @UltimateZeus I like it!...it could also be gamed like the current system so I'd think rewards would need to be adjusted so there isn't a major influx of crystals. But I'm sure EA could monitor payouts and adjust accordingly.

Although many people say it will result in more crystals going out to players, it may be true but there will very likely be way more spending with this model. We had another thread about this in the general discussion and there were tons of people that don't really compete in this game that much because they can never play around their payout time. They all stated they would spend more money if they could compete better in arena.

This model would also encourage more people to spend crystals to refresh their 5 battles as they could then try to get into a new bracket. Currently this is not really possible unless you start your battles 2 hours before your payout.
  • Options
    I really do like the model of payout set time, depending on what your highest rank was in the previous 24hrs. This would put a stop to all the sniping that can go on, and protection set ups that people run into.
  • Options
    UltimateZeus .. Brilliant. I think this would single handedly solve all arena issues. The whinging would cease immediately
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @EA_Jesse , @CG_Kozispoon

There have been quite a lot of threads about this in the past and we have a good megathread on it as well:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94598/qol-suggestions-reconstituted-thread/p1

Please discuss this internally and see if something like this is viable.

Everyone I speak to that plays this game loves it and their only issue is with having to sit around for set payout times. I'm sure at some point you will add vehicle ground battles ( hint hint ;) ) which would add a 3rd payout hour.

If it is based on max rank for the last 24 hours, the player has the option to compete at the time of day that is convenient for them. The actual payout of rewards could still remain at the same time. This would lead to more crystals going out but more players would spend to remain competitive and would spend on crystal refreshes.

I do hope you look into this.

Thanks for the great game!
  • Options
    Payout at your normal payout time but based on your highest rank for the day. Then no one will have a set time they have to battle.

Very bad idea. If everyone will put in their lvl 1 chars for arena on defense, then eventually everyone will get rank #1 by the end of the day. It will NEVER happens.
  • Options
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »

Very bad idea. If everyone will put in their lvl 1 chars for arena on defense, then eventually everyone will get rank #1 by the end of the day. It will NEVER happens.

No one is going to do that. If you left all lvl 1 chars in your arena, you would wake up tomorrow at rank 5000. This is a terrible argument. That's like people saying they must put all blue gear toons in defense for tournaments. That didn't happen.
  • Options

BADASS!!!
  • Ipoopsy2
    60 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »

No one is going to do that. If you left all lvl 1 chars in your arena, you would wake up tomorrow at rank 5000. This is a terrible argument. That's like people saying they must put all blue gear toons in defense for tournaments. That didn't happen.

That's was just an example. Either way, it will never happens.

IMO, the best solution prob right now with what the game currently offered, is similar to tournament/GW style all combine as one, "Do or Die Situation" you have ONE chance with ONE team. And no refresh! You win, you advance, you lose your out for the day. Your attacking team is your defense team as well.

This way it prevent players from sniping and get the reward they deserved with a competitive team that they have going up against other players in similar situation.

• Agi
    65 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever the solution, if any, the fact that this game is forcing me to play for 3 hours every day constantly for both Arena is about to cross the line for me. I am mainly f2p so EA won't lose much from me quitting this game; even though I give EA about $50 a year and will keep doing so for every year I will keep playing this game because I believe is important to support them, but as it is now is really impacting on my life schedule to a point I am close to be forced to quit. I love this game but not being able to play when I can and being forced to play, to keep being competitive, at those specific times; is forcing my hand :(
    Except that devs have made a great game!
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon just want to make sure this is on the team's radar :)