Kanan seems bad

Prev1
Seltgar
217 posts Member
Is it just me or does he seem too slow to be useful? Am I missing something or is he just a rock to give everyone retribution?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They all seem to be made to work as a group, none of then seem like they will end up being that useful in different teams.
  • Options
    They all suck
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They all seem to be made to work as a group, none of then seem like they will end up being that useful in different teams.

I agree, I think as a full phoenix team they will be pretty good. It may take a little time to figure out the best comp and how to play them but overall they bring a lot of interesting abilities to the game. Will they be meta? Probably not. Will they solo any phase of a raid? Probably not. But I think they will be very useful for GW and some other areas. They aren't enough to make me want to spend money on them bit I think they will be a fun team to play down the road.
  • Options
    I did the events but I'm leaving mine unlocked for now.

I don't need to distract myself from my other grinds.
  • Options
    I think Sabine is the only one that will work on other teams. Depending on how much health and damage she does, the debuffs she inflicts are verrrry useful
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad they suck. If these cartoon Star Wars characters become meta I'm done.
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    He is a tank you want his taunt to last awhile also his basic that puts offense down till his next turn so you want him slow. he can Dispel and give protection up this makes most Jedi teams better that dont have barriss. Also unless he is G11 and you say he sucks i dont think you can say he does suck.
  • Options
    Kane13 wrote: »

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Video game characters have been/are meta. Hope that doesn't rattle you.

• Options
    They need to:

•Make him taunt at least 3 turns, not 2
    •Make his basic unavoidable or change offense down for buff immunity
    •Give him a +5% dps boost

Disappointed in him so far :/
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

He will get uniques from three other toons added to what he has in actual combat. Plus he will give a 70% counter chance to two presumably nasty attacking teammates. (We'll have to wait and see)

This synergy idea the devs had for Phoenix squadron is interesting. It's VERY powerful, and if the toons themselves aren't underpowered individually, then all of them having 4 uniques would be out of control. I'm just going to reserve judgement until we actually see all the stats.
  • Options
    Counter attack with offense down plus self healing tank in a debuff meta, boosts ally survivability and can cleanse buffs, seems like a solid tank jedi.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    To slow? He will be used in a Phoenix squad; not Jedi. With Hera lead every special ability that gets used by any Phoenix gives every Phoenix member 20% tm. He will have no problem. Add in his unique with a Hera lead and you got yourself a solid Phoenix squad.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

He will get uniques from three other toons added to what he has in actual combat. Plus he will give a 70% counter chance to two presumably nasty attacking teammates. (We'll have to wait and see)

This synergy idea the devs had for Phoenix squadron is interesting. It's VERY powerful, and if the toons themselves aren't underpowered individually, then all of them having 4 uniques would be out of control. I'm just going to reserve judgement until we actually see all the stats.

Hera Lead equal all unqiues to each memeber 20% TM when use a speacial 40% if under 50% health + 70% counter chance 25% health gain after debuffed + 15% max health gain at start of turn and 15% protection up if doesn't have it + bonus Max Protection equal to 30% of Max Health, and recovers 15% Protection at the start of turn. This recovery is doubled if debuffed. + gains 10% Offense at the end of his turn (stacking, maximum 40%). This bonus is reset when defeated. + 25% Critical Chance and 25% Critical Damage.

Sounds like agood team to me! To be fair that six unique and since you have to use Hera lead you have to pick which Phoenix to use as your bench/utility. Hard to say which is the worst but stacking OFF with bonus dmg and crit chance with TM, Health, and Protection Gain sounds dope. Think Gaza is the weakest unique though.

• Options

Your pettiness is noted.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Hera Lead equal all unqiues to each memeber 20% TM when use a speacial 40% if under 50% health + 70% counter chance 25% health gain after debuffed + 15% max health gain at start of turn and 15% protection up if doesn't have it + bonus Max Protection equal to 30% of Max Health, and recovers 15% Protection at the start of turn. This recovery is doubled if debuffed. + gains 10% Offense at the end of his turn (stacking, maximum 40%). This bonus is reset when defeated. + 25% Critical Chance and 25% Critical Damage.

Sounds like agood team to me! To be fair that six unique and since you have to use Hera lead you have to pick which Phoenix to use as your bench/utility. Hard to say which is the worst but stacking OFF with bonus dmg and crit chance with TM, Health, and Protection Gain sounds dope. Think Gaza is the weakest unique though.

I'd be leaving out the Crit Chance for the Retribution... At least in the current meta.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I think phonexes will be great at AAT phase 1 when starred. They have everything for this: retribution, healing, cleansing... and it is kannan that gives retribution
  • Options
    Sabine will trigger grievous to fast, 8 possible damage triggers
  • Options
    I dont think hera lead chopper zeb ezra kanan group will be good p1
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Kabitoe10 wrote: »

Probably better for p3?
  • Options
    Yeah
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

You're right. Video game toons have more legitimacy. Also Ahsoka and most of the clones were really discovered and developped in a cartoon too.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    To OP, yes he's slow, but it can be improved by mods and a zQGJ lead for example. He has a lot of basic protection, which makes him a good tank and can cleanse. I will give him a try in GW when his abilities will be more developed.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Kabitoe10 wrote: »

Probably better for p3?

What do you consider a good team for P3? 2%, probably, excellent (15%) maybe if you can be cleared from the ability block from B2.

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    To OP, yes he's slow, but it can be improved by mods and a zQGJ lead for example. He has a lot of basic protection, which makes him a good tank and can cleanse. I will give him a try in GW when his abilities will be more developed.

Forget Kanan in a jedi team. GK is much better.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Agree ... if you have GK.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Agree ... if you have GK.

Join a HAAT guild or force your guild mate to farm mods and one super team, or ask for some high level guild to lend mercs temporarily. 3 or 4 really good mercs can help you clear the raid (basically doing between 50% and 100% damage of each phase.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Back to the question: Save the gear for GK, because Kanan has the same gear requirement and you don't want to waste your gear on a useless tank.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    He's a Jedi...what did you expect? Jedi are bad in this game
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    To slow? He will be used in a Phoenix squad; not Jedi. With Hera lead every special ability that gets used by any Phoenix gives every Phoenix member 20% tm. He will have no problem. Add in his unique with a Hera lead and you got yourself a solid Phoenix squad.

Are you sure every Phoenix member gets the tm gain or just the one using the special? If they all get it that's just nuts!