Another who goes when post...

HorishBathens
631 posts Member
edited March 2017
I am encountering this team in arena, and can't for the life of me figure out what is going on, so I thought I'd post here to get some insight.

Opponent's Team (all GL 10):
  • Wedge (L) - 152 speed
  • Biggs - 189 speed
  • EP - 189 speed
  • QGJ - 189 speed
  • STH - 144 speed

My Team (all GL 11):
  • Zader (L) - 189 speed
  • EP - 199 speed
  • Boba - 213 speed
  • TFP - 219 speed
  • Shoretrooper - ~145 speed

Every time, his Biggs goes first, which is expected, but then his EP goes. Depending on who he stuns, sometimes his STH will go third, followed by QGJ then Wedge, but his EP ALWAYS goes second.

I'm obviously missing something here so was hoping someone could explain it. Thanks.

EDIT: Lol, oops, had his Biggs as lead.

Replies

  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Biggs lead is interesting ;)
    Biggs calls in sthan to assist, who gains TM and then boosts everyone to 100% TM, so his EP has a good chance to take the next turn. That's probably what you're seeing. Also, zader's TM reduction would mess up theirs turn order if you had turns inbetween.
  • But Biggs doesn't have a lead ability....
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Biggs lead is interesting ;)
    Biggs calls in sthan to assist, who gains TM and then boosts everyone to 100% TM, so his EP has a good chance to take the next turn. That's probably what you're seeing. Also, zader's TM reduction would mess up theirs turn order if you had turns inbetween.

    Oops, edited to say Wedge lead.

    I'm not sure how calling STH to assist would push the other teams turn meter up, unless his unique is coming into play on the assist, which has a chance to lower mine. Though, his unique says "At the start of his turn..." which I didn't think applied to an assist because it wasn't technically his turn.

    Six times in a row it has been his Biggs, then his EP, then maybe my turn, depending on who his EP stuns.

  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Biggs lead is interesting ;)
    Biggs calls in sthan to assist, who gains TM and then boosts everyone to 100% TM, so his EP has a good chance to take the next turn. That's probably what you're seeing. Also, zader's TM reduction would mess up theirs turn order if you had turns inbetween.

    Oops, edited to say Wedge lead.

    I'm not sure how calling STH to assist would push the other teams turn meter up, unless his unique is coming into play on the assist, which has a chance to lower mine. Though, his unique says "At the start of his turn..." which I didn't think applied to an assist because it wasn't technically his turn.

    Six times in a row it has been his Biggs, then his EP, then maybe my turn, depending on who his EP stuns.
    Sthan has a chance to gain TM on his basic, and also gains 10% TM from wedge lead because he'll crit, so may take the next turn after Biggs.
  • Bomroll
    399 posts Member
    Does Ep get called to assist and lands shock?
  • Tharivol
    130 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    -Biggs goes first, calls Wedge and Han to assist (Han has a 33% to be called out to assist out of EP / STH / QGJ)
    -STH hits with Basic on assist and with 55% chance gains 35% TM (+10% if he crits due to Wedge Lead but that's not required.)
    -STH goes 2nd if these criteria are met (first 33% chance to get to assist, than 55% chance to gain TM) and Taunts giving everyone 30% TM.
    -Than either EP or QGJ goes etc etc..

    PS: If EP is called to assist and if shock hits, he will gain 15% TM and attack 2nd as well.
  • Bomroll wrote: »
    Does Ep get called to assist and lands shock?
    That could also happen.
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    I can't see how EP would move 2nd. Anyone of em could go 2nd depending on RNG except for EP.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    I can't see how EP would move 2nd. Anyone of em could go 2nd depending on RNG except for EP.
    when leef doesn't read EP's basic...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Ok I'll ask. We know teams we face in GW are "enhanced". Could we be facing enhanced teams in Arena
    Leader "Grey Area 51" Guild
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    I can't see how EP would move 2nd. Anyone of em could go 2nd depending on RNG except for EP.
    when leef doesn't read EP's basic...

    Dohhh
    EP can also go 2nd =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Ok I'll ask. We know teams we face in GW are "enhanced". Could we be facing enhanced teams in Arena

    We do?

    Since when?

    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Ok I'll ask. We know teams we face in GW are "enhanced". Could we be facing enhanced teams in Arena

    We do?

    Since when?

    You forgot your tinfoil hat. Put it on and you will understand!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    Ok I'll ask. We know teams we face in GW are "enhanced". Could we be facing enhanced teams in Arena

    We do?

    Since when?

    You forgot your tinfoil hat. Put it on and you will understand!

    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • So CD runs laps and hits multiple targets because he's a people person lol
    Leader "Grey Area 51" Guild
  • leef
    12639 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    anyway, the 3rd assister has a chance to go 2nd due to a TM gaining ability on their basic. Did EP assist and shock every time?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Yea as others have brought up any of the other 3 can go second after getting called by Wiggs to assist. QGJ can gain 30% TM from basic, EP 15% and Han up to 45%. If QGJ or Han get their potential TM gains then you won't get to go but if you bump up your TFP up to 225 then you can go before EP
  • Wow, so much dynamic turn meter stuff...no wonder I wasn't seeing it. When I have more turns, I'll try to keep track of who is called to assist, I hadn't paid attention before. Thanks for all the replies and analysis.
  • Wow, so much dynamic turn meter stuff...no wonder I wasn't seeing it. When I have more turns, I'll try to keep track of who is called to assist, I hadn't paid attention before. Thanks for all the replies and analysis.
    No worries. You're probably the only person to make a post like this without claiming that the AI has hidden speed bonuses. Respect for that. :)
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Much respect for OP who requests for explanation on how turn order works rather than claiming outright that there's some kind of Arena speed bug.

    Especially when compared to those who think that they're some kind of special snowflake where only their account or program is bugged, or conspiracy theory that Devs are only out to get them.
Sign In or Register to comment.