Speed, how fast do we want to go?

Base + Mods = ? How fast is fast enough, is it character based or is there an accepted rate to shoot for (Pardon the pun)?

Replies

• Options
    Faster than your opponent
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Or faster then your friends, when being chased. LOL

Humor aside I have been trying for 180 to 200 on my Sith Empire team, just wondered.

This just in: "Do you really expect someone to tell you how to beat their team by bringing your speed up level with theirs?" (Name witheld upon request).

Fair point, is harmless info given freely while other info is highly guarded?
  • Options
    SikrouDeco wrote: »

Or faster then your friends, when being chased. LOL

Humor aside I have been trying for 180 to 200 on my Sith Empire team, just wondered.

For most teams there is one character that you want going faster than the rest, I run droids so it's Jawa engineer for me, for Sith it'll be Sith assassin, for empire it's tie fighter pilot, and old rebels it'll be Biggs. In these cases the answer is "faster than the first person of the other team," in for the rest of the toons the answer is as fast as you can make them.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My Sith/Empire'ish team is:

L - EP - 174
    DS - 200
    DV - 136
    RG - 116
    Barriss - 133

Work in progress..

• Options
    First Strike can be important. I run with a quick Zoda(263 speed), if I can pop Battle Med early I am set especially vs Empire teams.

Using A speed mods set, can you an extra 10-17 speed. Which can be very critical.

• SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am seeing a lot of stonewall teams (Delaying the fight until time expires) is this becoming the new meta?
  • Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I am seeing a lot of stonewall teams (Delaying the fight until time expires) is this becoming the new meta?

Only seems like that would be useful on defense, so I assume that is how it's being employed.

I agree with Zeus here, faster than your opponent is all that is really needed, but strategy is also key. I'm lvl 76, arena team is Boba (L), ST Han, Nihilus, Phasma, and Kylo. Boba goes first in most battles at 170. Depending on how fast the Wiggs pests are, Han will go next at 160. By this point, the opponent has usually moved once or twice, but they are all Ability Blocked and Han is taunting. Once they hit Han with basics, I can normally Force Drain, then Victory March.

This has worked well for me so far, and I don't have the greatest speed. But by having Boba and Han out in front, I can set the tone for the battle. On the flip side, if Nihilus or Kylo is out front, that does nothing for me. Force Drain is a coin toss, and Kylo at best stuns one person.
  • Options

I ran into teams like that but DN put that issue to rest with annhiliate. If you can make him fast and keep him alive behind some tanks and speedy toons, his annhiliate can turn the tide in some of those long battle teams
  • Options
    Max is about 170 speed u can add on to a character if u have 5X 25 speed secondaries a 30 speed arrow and a speed set bonus for 10% on a fast toon.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    I believe the theoretical max is 29 speed secondary on a mod, and 10% bonus on fastest base speed is 17 from TFP.
  • Options
    The fastest I've gotten my team is as follows
    Z Maul lead : 182
    Nihilus : 204
    Vader : 200
    EP : 220
    B2 speed is irrelevant.
    I have a Sidious at 237 if needed.
  • Options
    Base + Mods = ? How fast is fast enough, is it character based or is there an accepted rate to shoot for (Pardon the pun)?

The only acceptable answer is Ludicrous Speed
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    dbraba01 wrote: »

The only acceptable answer is Ludicrous Speed

Spaceballs?
  • Options
    You should have one toon on your squad who moves first (yoda, tfp, Biggs, or whatever). All your other attackers you should prioritize damage mods as long as you can get them into the 170-200 speed range
  • Options
    Yep, it's usally DS, with his AOE