hire a merc to finish haat?

will your guild hire merc to finish the first haat?

Replies

• Options
    I think mercs were destroyed by the last update. Nobody can join raids unless they were in the guild when it was launched. Am I right everyone?
  • Options
    I would quit a guild if they used guild hoppers to help finish a raid.

• Options
    but it looks like a winwin solution.
  • Options
    Not for the merc. They won't gain any rewards for helping.

Unless you sort out some sort of out of game arrangement.
  • Options
    They need to remove the you cant participate rule of you join mid raid, but make it so you only get guild currency if you stay till its dead. If you leave a guild mid raid you should get a 1 day guild restriction like when you leave to many guilds in a short period of time
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    will your guild hire merc to finish the first haat?

Since you can't pay them, and they can only receive the same amounts of rewards every 2 weeks(5 in 2 weeks) it's kinda a moot point.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm happy that my guild didn't use mercs. I'm not a fan.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You can still use outside help - you just have to plan accordingly and have them in the guild before you do your run. It's better to have them and not need them, then it is to need them and not have them.
  • Options
    You guys all have your noses up in the air about mercs. How many of you fight HAAT? My Guild was close, attempted and failed after weeks of prep for HAAT, then spent a month with a detailed list for all 50 members before trying HAAT again. We got to about 20% of p2 and only had our p3 and p4 teams left, so we called in help. Those 3 members pushed us over the top and we beat it. A week later we started beating HAAT consistently without help.

I don't get all of the snobby attitudes like "I would quit my guid" if you used a merc. Who cares? Like most anything in life, when used properly they can benefit both sides - the merc gets shards of GK and gear, and 49 or so Guild member get to see their goal reached after possibly months of hard work on a video game. Where is the negative?

That having been said, mercy are dead for the most part unless a Guild knows they are too weak ahead of time, and if they are they should worry more about getting stronger than recruiting a temp member.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @ljcool110
    no need to call others snobby because they don't share your view on mercs.
  • Options
    If the boot fits...
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    You guys all have your noses up in the air about mercs. How many of you fight HAAT? My Guild was close, attempted and failed after weeks of prep for HAAT, then spent a month with a detailed list for all 50 members before trying HAAT again. We got to about 20% of p2 and only had our p3 and p4 teams left, so we called in help. Those 3 members pushed us over the top and we beat it. A week later we started beating HAAT consistently without help.

I don't get all of the snobby attitudes like "I would quit my guid" if you used a merc. Who cares? Like most anything in life, when used properly they can benefit both sides - the merc gets shards of GK and gear, and 49 or so Guild member get to see their goal reached after possibly months of hard work on a video game. Where is the negative?

That having been said, mercy are dead for the most part unless a Guild knows they are too weak ahead of time, and if they are they should worry more about getting stronger than recruiting a temp member.

You kicked 3 people out of your guild just to make room for 3 mercs to help you finish your raid. Then you call others "snobby". That's great. lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    If the boot fits...

you sound like the kinda person who calls people snobs who take pride in working for minimum wage instead of depending on wellfare, meanwhile depending on wellfare yourself. Arrogant sob's, thinking they're better than you, how dare they!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sorry had to go off topic.

@leef the more I read what you write, the more I like you. :smile:
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »

You kicked 3 people out of your guild just to make room for 3 mercs to help you finish your raid. Then you call others "snobby". That's great. lol

Why do you think anyone was kicked. I sure most good guilds would have three people who would volunteer to temporarily leave so that the other 47 could get something instead of nothing. It's not like they are losing anything compared to failing to finish the raid.

Of course with the rule changes it would be a bit tougher now, but I could still see a guild bringing in a couple heavy hitters for a second or third attempt.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »

Or someone(s) took one for the team. When my guild completed its first HAAT, we were very close and had a merc lined up, just in case. When lining up the merc, I informed my fellow officers that, if it became necessary, I would leave the guild. Ended up not being necessary, but I would've rather had everyone else in my guild get rewards.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    A possible system is following: if your guild is truly working towards Heroic, usually the help of 2/3 good mercs (those doing 8M damage per raid) will make you farm GK 2 months in advance. What you could offer is to swap 3 members with the mercs' guild so that none of you lose the 600 tickets daily. The advantage is that the nAAT guild become HAAT (all members) and the mercs' guild have more room for top position.
  • Options
    oh. i know what mean. merc means only get one

i agree with you. it is a winwin solution. a merc staying in the guild for around one month would benefit everyone
  • Options
    I honestly find it amusing that phone game temps have been dubbed Mercs to begin with.

Stand by original comment. Would rather lose than ask for help and get rewards that weren't earned.
  • Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    I honestly find it amusing that phone game temps have been dubbed Mercs to begin with.

Stand by original comment. Would rather lose than ask for help and get rewards that weren't earned.

well, i saw lot of guilds disband due to haat.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    If the boot fits...

you sound like the kinda person who calls people snobs who take pride in working for minimum wage instead of depending on wellfare, meanwhile depending on wellfare yourself. Arrogant sob's, thinking they're better than you, how dare they!

Three people took one fore the team, our Tank Boss included. Thanks for assuming. You know what happens when you assume!
  • Options
    If you do it right, it's a 1-1 trade. For every heavy hitter you bring in, you send the other members to their guild for x number of raids. No one loses out on rewards, and you now have two guilds able to do heroic.
  • Options
    Yeah, we had a very good system as we never wanted to kick people out so we aligned with a developmental guild the week after we beat HAAT with the mercs to strengthen our chances to continue to beat it. Turns out one merc was a former guild member (before my time) who came back permanently and two who left for the dev guild came back weeks later. A week after being HAAT with the 3 mercs we started a run of now 13 straight without needing outside help. So we got a boost, didn't kick anyone out, and the serious members of the guild are all benefitting from it.

BTW, @leef, it is always great to bring politics into a video game discussion...
  • Options
    If the boot fits...

Then you should be kicked for adding nothing constructive to this discussion?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Dont mercs get paid typically?