Is Vader worth a zeta still for HAAT?

WR4TH0R
170 posts Member
As per title. Is he still worth a zeta purely for raids, specifically HAAT. I use zMaul for arena but im hearing zVader may be a waste from another guild. What phases if any does he shine.

Replies

• Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    Vader had my first zeta, and I also had high hopes for using him against the Tank. I haven't found a phase and team where he does better than what I already have (Droids in P2, Tie Pilot and friends in P3, both around 800k). I tried a lot in P3 with EP, Tie Pilot and others, but he's too slow to make a real difference. Yes, culling blade hits (once, max twice) for 100k or so, but that's nothing compared to what Tie Pilot does.

I read that he's better in P2, with a team that also has Sidiousz AND Tusken Shaman...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Landogarner
    39 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I also put my first Zeta on him a while ago. He has been good for P3 back then, now he doesnt shine there anymore.
    But I managed to get around 600k in our last hAAT at P2 without to much effort. I used Zader G10 (L), Zid G11, Boba G11, Phasma G8, 5s G8.
    I will gear up Phasma and replace 5s with EE and then I might not pull those ridiculous numbers a Tusken Shaman Team is capable of, but I think an easy Million in P2 shouldnt be too much of a problem. The Dots take down turrets so fast its amazing and culling blade and execute with victory march already did a lot of damage at second topple. EE should give me some survivability and every culling blade adds quite a lot damage then.

Never regreted "zetaing" Vader even as I replaced him with Zaul fast in Arena but he is just a versatile Leader!!
  • THEjimmy
    21 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Zader,zid, shaman, phasma,boba. Search for the the videos. Da bomb. P2
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    Options
    Cheers guys. Kinda of what I was thinking. I got my p3 team sorted so wanted to run zader in p2.
  • Options
    Can shaman be replaced with some other toon?
  • Options
    You can use Boba in place of Shaman but you won't "replace" him. Because he is a main healer of that team.
  • Options
    ^ I mean if Zader, zid, phasma,boba, who is the 5th? Does Barriss work here?

Shaman is such a painful grind.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    like others have said, only usefull if you have the right team supporting him. I don't have the right team, i'm doing ~300k dmg with him in p4 if necessary for a top3 ranking.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Best team for p2 is meant to be
    Zader
    sid
    Ee or boba
    Phasma
    shamen

Hoping to try it over the weekend myself
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I don't have shaman or EE, I do have daka but can't see her doing well. I'm still undecided. Would zeta sidious bring similar or better results than zeta Vader.

SmithieD seems to do well with a zeta Sid squad but again I don't have kylo from this line up
    https://youtu.be/glj26gT2FnI
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    vessaharja wrote: »

Without the Tusken, has anyone tried these other alternatives: Luke shotgun, Nightsister Initiate (don't laugh) or Bistan? They all apply DoT on their basic too (which I think is more important than having a healer?) ... if not, Talia? (again, don't laugh)
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Whenever you see a video, they always have 100% maxed gear toons, tons of high level speed mods moved from their arena team and did a lot of runs to get perfect RNG before they publish the perfect run. They also use toons which given someone's roster, would give a higher score with different teams to maximize Raid damage.
  • Options
    That's not to say they aren't informative or helpful, I find SmithieD's videos incredibly useful, just don't expect even close to the same scores unless your team is all at least G11 w good mods otherwise you might be only able to get 25% w g10 early g11 and average mods.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

EE

Haha yeah along the same lines as shammy. EE and shammy are THE toons I've been slacking on.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Mikepins wrote: »
    Best team for p2 is meant to be
    Zader
    sid
    Ee or boba
    Phasma
    shamen

Hoping to try it over the weekend myself

A very good Shamen free squad is Zader Zid boba Phasma an Anakin.

Anakin is tanky has good AOE damage and can grant offense up. I scored 1.75 mil with this squad last time while at work not even paying attention to what I was doing. It could probably score 2.5 to 3 mil if you gave it a serious 2-3 attempts.

What you are trying to replace is Shamen is that offense up dots and heal. Anakin does the offense up and then adds AOE damage for faster topples.
  • Options
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I thought it better than starting a new one.

My questions is what is the best use for zader in H aat if you only have a non-Zeta'd sid?
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Options
    Well Zody teams hold the damage records- but Zader is #2.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    WR4TH0R wrote: »
    I don't have shaman or EE, I do have daka but can't see her doing well. I'm still undecided. Would zeta sidious bring similar or better results than zeta Vader.

SmithieD seems to do well with a zeta Sid squad but again I don't have kylo from this line up
    That's not to say they aren't informative or helpful, I find SmithieD's videos incredibly useful, just don't expect even close to the same scores unless your team is all at least G11 w good mods otherwise you might be only able to get 25% w g10 early g11 and average mods.

That team did 1.08M in that vid. The Zidader combo (Zader, Zid, Boba or EE, Shaman, and Phasma) can do 3-6M easy.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is still unable to do heroic, so healing right now has not been an issue. I have been putting up 5 or 6 million in phase 2 and around 9 million in phase 4.

Vader (z), Palpatine, Sidious (z), Tie Fighter Pilot, Bobba Fett. All have max gear, and mods are the best I have, but could be better. If and when I begin doing heroic it looks like I will need Shaman for the survivability... I do have Ewok Elder on 6* and a gear 10 phasma, so maybe I can make those work. I find Palpatine is very helpful for granting offense up, and his speed, and damage aren't too shabby either.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    WR4TH0R wrote: »

That team did 1.08M in that vid. The Zidader combo (Zader, Zid, Boba or EE, Shaman, and Phasma) can do 3-6M easy.
    Yes, I was very disappointed, seen your vids scoring +4m and this looked very much like, let's waste 7 mins of someone's life, as well, why bother having that oppress there with no zeta?? Maybe he'd do so much better when zeta his special...

• Options
    yes he is super worth it

where?= solo rancor get great rewards....passed the other 6 guys that solo it in your guild that get ranked for the id

when?
    after you are happy with arena so zeta maul>zavage then vader

is he good in arena?
    no use EP sa and nihilus with zaul and zavage

or work on gk chaze nihilus +1 more

good luck