Nilly Nihilus at 3* - threat or opportunity?

vessaharja
585 posts Member
edited March 2017
As per title. Is at 3 and a couple of scraps from G10. Worth the push to G11 to be arena viable? Opportunity in an arena team or more a threat?

Would be running him in a zaul nilly ep shore tfp/boba/b2/vodar.

Replies

• Options
    He is absolutely arena viable at 3*, i use him as follows: z maul, z savage, vader, ep, dn
    No team i cannot beat
  • Options
    Good to know, thanks. What @startomsto made you choose savage?
  • Options
    You won't regret it. Mine's gear 11 and 4* and he soloed a Baze n Rex. Added cool downs and annihilated Baze. He is a game changer.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    He is a character complete beast. His skill isn't in his strengths. It's in his abilities so any stat is viable.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The final upgrades on Overpower and Brute give Savage guaranteed kills when enemies drop below 50% health, make him ridiculously durable, and cleanse negative effects from his teammates?
  • Options
    Yep agreed, he is definetly viable at 3*. I use him as well. And I would use him, even if his dmg output would be 0, coz i dont play him becouse of dmg (dmg is stars dependent), but becouse of his utility (which is not stars dependent)... Basic dispells, special works as AB and anihilate is simply instakill no matter what. I dont have him zetaed yet, but I assume his health down permanent casting would be highly beneficial as well.
  • Options
    Vessaharja, Savage is amazing... he cleanses other siths, gets tm when hit so he goes a lot and each time he goes he cleanses an ally sith and then cleanses himself, he gains buffs and debuffs ennemies, self heals at crazy speed, is super tanky and hits like a truck... overpower below 50% is very good, but it's not my main reason for using him. I use him because he is hard to kill and can easily finish a fight against 3 to 4 oponents by himself (once thought i had lost and savage finished off boba, chaze and b2... all by himself).
    He is of course mortal... anihilate will kill him, so will a culling blade or execute if he has loads of debuffs on him (against zader he may carry a few dots...)... but he takes effort and preparation to kill, which the ai is not always good at doing. And if you also have dn in your team that is 2 major threats to handle...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    threat and oppertunity ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I also have Nihilus in my arena. Many use it. I myself renounce him. It is indeed viable. No matter with 3 * or 7 *. I noticed that the AI ​​plays him badly.

Should Nihilus be bluffed at the beginning with ability block and maybe even stunned.The probability decreases very much in order to reach its full potential.

Nihilus his tempo is not high but that can be compensated. :)
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The reason I'm asking about Nilly:

- Biggest pro is his increase CD ability
    - Has dispel
    - Does not hit hard at 7*
    - 3/5 times insta kills my shoretrooper with that ability of his -> I laugh because at that point my shore is always almost done for anyway

He has some good attributes and he's super annoying with zaul but in arena he is always the last one I kill. I think I'm yet to understand why is "that good".

But a SA + nilly team is something I'm not even attacking...
  • Options
    He may not be best in deffence alone... but my team holds well enough... and in attack he is brilliant.
    Combined with sa he is lethal...
  • Options
    100% viable on any shard
  • Options
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    He's arena viable at g10.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    Now just the speed mods I have been grinding for 4 weeks with thin results.
  • Options
    You need the right team to make him shine. If using him as lead, you need Maul, Vader and Dooku. Maul will deal some nasty damage and heal himself. Dooku has a 90% to not die at all. Vader optimises Drain Force. Some speed mods on him,an Omega on his basic and a team that buffs itself a lot. BOOM! He will dispel, reduce DF cooldown, Vader debuffs help reduce Annihilate cooldown, allowing you to use it on his fourth turn. Now thats deadly.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/
    3* nihilus is totally viable.
  • Options
    You need the right team to make him shine. If using him as lead, you need Maul, Vader and Dooku. Maul will deal some nasty damage and heal himself. Dooku has a 90% to not die at all. Vader optimises Drain Force. Some speed mods on him,an Omega on his basic and a team that buffs itself a lot. BOOM! He will dispel, reduce DF cooldown, Vader debuffs help reduce Annihilate cooldown, allowing you to use it on his fourth turn. Now thats deadly.

My idea is to run him under a zaul lead (or under EP until my I zeta my maul). About Dooku tho. Is Dooku viable only under DN or does he shine under zaul/EP?

• Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mozza/
    3* nihilus is totally viable.

That's a NASTY team!

• Options
    SmithieD has a video comparing them, you just gain around 6k health w other stats the same.

On defense both DN and zavage aren't great. You deal with force drain at the start then ignore both until last because like Zylo they don't do much if left alone. He'll insta kill someone when the match is nearly over, probably your almost dead tank.

Winning on offense is easy with about any of the 30+ arena viable toons at g11 and good mods.
  • Options
    ^ actually D is my problem. I can hit #3 on good days. The fact that nilly just insta kills my shore when I'm on offense, tells of how it works in reality.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Giant threat and a great opportunity to better your arena ranks!!
    He changes momentum instantly.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0AjxEhr_g
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Giant threat and a great opportunity to better your arena ranks!!
    He changes momentum instantly.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MW0AjxEhr_g

YyPsZhW.gif