Clone Taunter?

Prev1
Exactly what the title means ; Rebels have a tank ( K2SO, SRP, STH, and that new Zeb character) , Empire ( RG), Jawas( Nebit), Resistance ( Poe) First Order( FOST), and even Sith got a tank ( Sith Trooper). Why is it that Clones are yet to receive a tank that can taunt? Those new phoenix characters will have a taunter ( 2 in fact) and clones have none.

It doesn't have to be a completely new character ( although that would be gr8) , but you can just give fives a taunting ability in his unique. Any thoughts? Correct me if i made a mistake :)
https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level

Replies

• Options
    GK lead can make fives taunt
  • Options
    GK makes 5s taunt. problem solved.
  • Options

'Problem solved' for the tiny minority who actually have GK.
  • Options

problem is still unsolved: kinda defeats the whole purpose of a taunter with that solution, both kenobi and fives could have a taunt up and most players here tend to go for kenobi to avoid the counter attacks and you would need to have fives AND kenobi in order to have fives taunt and only for 1 turn while there are other tanks that taunt for 2-3 turns and you don't need kenobi to make them taunt. :/

• Options
    Hevy would be a perfect taunting clone trooper tank and he could have special synergy with Fives and Echo.
  • Options
    @Gebuttersnaps all tanks are heavy so it makes sense to have Hevy as the clone tank haha nice idea

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Stick Baze on your clones team in place of Clone Sergeant Phase 1 and use Zeta Cody lead in the meantime for one sick as team.

Good luck.

51f95bae0bd930994089f13c2cb951b9.gif
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    Stick Baze on your clones team in place of Clone Sergeant Phase 1 and use Zeta Cody lead in the meantime for one sick as team.

Good luck.

51f95bae0bd930994089f13c2cb951b9.gif

But Sergeant is, like, 90% of a Clone team's damage.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Soccean wrote: »
    GK lead can make fives taunt

Guys this always makes me roll my eyes .... yes Kenobi can make fives taunt but the point of wanting a clone that can Taunt is to run a FULL CLONE team without the need of a diffrent faction.

I really want to see more Clones added to the game and I have stated my favorite 5 clones to be added 1M times before and amongst them one that can do a sick taunt role namely Hevy!!
    Hevy- Tank
    Gregor- Attacker
    Wolffe- Support
    Keeli- Support
    Thorn- Attacker
    Some might want Kix as a Healer too
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Adding a new Clone wouldn't be a good thing. That'd be a new character to farm, gear, and mod before arena ready. Plus you'd be forced to look at the five existing Clones and have to pick one to remove from squad. Not every team needs a taunter anyway. The Clones all seem pretty hardy, where as those other factions you mentioned have squishy members capable of being one shot.

Also with all these buff dispelers and toons that inflict Buff Immunity, it won't make much of a difference. If SHT wasn't good for eating TFP's Ability Block and other debuffs before being dispelled when B2's unique triggers, I'd have dumped him awhile ago.
  • Options
    I am really curious which % of the players have GK. I do not think it is big number. Is it even two digit?
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Fürkész wrote: »
    I am really curious which % of the players have GK. I do not think it is big number. Is it even two digit?

That depends on whether you're counting players not even doing Tank raid yet, NAAT or HAAT. Of level 70+ plus players actively raiding, I can believe 10-15%. You count in the under 70 crowd unable to attempt it, than yeah less than 10%.
  • Options
    I'm working my way up for GK have 72 shards now only 73 left to go
  • Options
    @Big_Boss if we could only pick one, I'd love to have either Hevy or Wolffe as an extra clone character with taunt or other abilities but i doubt EA is gonna add a clone so late in the game :/

• War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    @Big_Boss if we could only pick one, I'd love to have either Hevy or Wolffe as an extra clone character with taunt or other abilities but i doubt EA is gonna add a clone so late in the game :/

So late in the game? Are you implying the game will end soon? or something else?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I made a suggestion for Wolffe as a tank, it's kind of old now but could answer the need?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/92661/commander-wolffe-and-commander-fox-character-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • Options
    War wrote: »

So late in the game? Are you implying the game will end soon? or something else?

Well , no but i mean they're going to have phoenix characters soon and that might be meta for a while, then they'll bring so episode 8 characters afterwards... so like i don't see why they'd add a clone in between those 2 events....i might be wrong though

• War
    932 posts Member
    Options

Well , no but i mean they're going to have phoenix characters soon and that might be meta for a while, then they'll bring so episode 8 characters afterwards... so like i don't see why they'd add a clone in between those 2 events....i might be wrong though

There's a lot of months between now and October. Which should be the earliest Episode VIII characters and events start dropping.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Adding a new Clone wouldn't be a good thing. That'd be a new character to farm, gear, and mod before arena ready. Plus you'd be forced to look at the five existing Clones and have to pick one to remove from squad. Not every team needs a taunter anyway. The Clones all seem pretty hardy, where as those other factions you mentioned have squishy members capable of being one shot.

I do believe Rex has the lowest base health in-game.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

There's a lot of months between now and October. Which should be the earliest Episode VIII characters and events start dropping.

My thoughts exactly who says that in June or July they can't give us a few clones in the same way they gave us 3 sith??
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    This was a recent write up of mine
    My top 3 clones I want to see added are Gregor, Hevy, Wolffe and I believe all 3 of them should be a diffrent class
    Gregor- Attacker high DPS and speed, ability to apply Crit chance up and crit damage up to all clone and Jedi allies also since he is part of the 212th division and cody is big on defense and durability maybe Gregor can give protection up to a select ally with a Zeta. This way we can replace leia in HAAT and in arena have a solid DPS (No leader ability)
    Hevy- Tank that starts with Taunt has AoE dispell and applies Health immunity for 2 turns (on zeta can not be dispelled) I know this would help clones a lot. I would give him a self revive that gives him only about 10% life but 100% TM and his AoE dispel is of CD. Also I don't know what leader ability I would give him but definitely I think he deserves a leader ability as the leader of Domino Squad
    Wolffe- Support Character applies diffrent buffs to allies and can apply Death mark to enemy. (He would be in my head like a Casaian, Death trooper Hybrid) at the begging of the match he gives allies speed up for 1 turn. He could have a special that applies Death mark and everytime a enemy is hit with Death mark applied Wolffe will assist and stun the death marked toon and a random enemy for 1 turn. (The ability can only work once per round)
    Also Thorn would be amazing too but I haven't imagined his abilities
    One really underrated clone I would love to see is Keeli he was the Clone Captain that died with Ima Gun Di Comander Keeli- Basic has 40% chance to call assist (similar to dengar)
    Special- deal special damage and apply buff immunity + Daze on selected target with a 65% chance to apply the same debuffs and a random enemy.
    Special 2- name it "Im going to die" Sacrifice half of Keeli's remaining HP gain taunt for 1 turn and give all clones 50% TM, Offense up, Defense up, Speed up and retribution for 2 turns
    Unique "Im not finished yet" Whenever Keeli is debuffed or critically hit he gains 10% HP and at the end of his turn he cleans all debuffs on him self and on a random clone or jedi ally (sorta like a Barriss Savage hybrid)
    Just a Idea No one has to agree
  • Options
    aww, how about some love for our hyperactive Rambo wannabe Hardcase. He may not be a tank, but a good shout for a clone multi attacker along the lines of Boba/leia. I;d give him a basic that can attack 1-3 times, and an AOE like JKA, with a unique that offers clone synergy.
  • Options
    @GuanIsHere Haha if he was in the game from the beginning, he should have been the one to have the umbaran starfighter, not fives! Im open to any clone as long it gives us a clone taunter because it's almost a slap to the face for clone teams in arena

• Options
    @Big_Boss I whole heartedly agree with you, it's time we shed some light on the clones because they're viable in the haat, but can't take down teams with 3 taunters at times. I'd really love to have commander wolffe and hevy in the game just to offer more options for clone users because it's almost unfair at this point. High hopes they read this thread and maybe take the idea to the white board perhaps!

• Ktql85
    22 posts Member
    Options

They could add old Rex in since he is in rebels or one of the other two (Wolfe and Gregor? Can't remember) and make one of them a tank. That way they stick with the SW Rebels theme
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Ktql85 wrote: »

They could add old Rex in since he is in rebels or one of the other two (Wolfe and Gregor? Can't remember) and make one of them a tank. That way they stick with the SW Rebels theme

I don't want to play as old clones I want to play as the bad a$$ younger ones lol
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Droid teams do well without a taunter. No room for K2S0 in a droid squad as B2 is just invaluable with the buff immunity. Not every team needs a tank.

If you must need a tank then get Baze or Shoretrooper. No synergy, but they will still serve you well.
  • Options

Also with all these buff dispelers and toons that inflict Buff Immunity, it won't make much of a difference. If SHT wasn't good for eating TFP's Ability Block and other debuffs before being dispelled when B2's unique triggers, I'd have dumped him awhile ago.

Uhhhh wrong. Clones are some of the squishiest characters in the game lol (aside from fives). The other 4 can get 1 shot easy.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Droid teams do well without a taunter. No room for K2S0 in a droid squad as B2 is just invaluable with the buff immunity. Not every team needs a tank.

If you must need a tank then get Baze or Shoretrooper. No synergy, but they will still serve you well.

Yes cause droids with a jaws eng are incredibly fast and can be revived. That whole team basis is going first and hitting like a deathstar. If they fail to murder, they die.

Clones on the other hand take a turn or two to spool up and start doing damage. Since we live in a meta where cries can hit for upwards of 20k, auto taunters are vital. Clones don't have the speed of droids (though they are fast in their own right), don't have a kit to protect them from insta death (like zaul) and have no auto taunter (like rebels and emp).

Adding a new character would be cool, but honestly tweaking fives to have a taunt while in a clone squad would be an easy fix that wouldn't make fives OP
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Ayzen_1024 wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

Yes cause droids with a jaws eng are incredibly fast and can be revived. That whole team basis is going first and hitting like a deathstar. If they fail to murder, they die.

Clones on the other hand take a turn or two to spool up and start doing damage. Since we live in a meta where cries can hit for upwards of 20k, auto taunters are vital. Clones don't have the speed of droids (though they are fast in their own right), don't have a kit to protect them from insta death (like zaul) and have no auto taunter (like rebels and emp).

Adding a new character would be cool, but honestly tweaking fives to have a taunt while in a clone squad would be an easy fix that wouldn't make fives OP

Depends on whether this is leading to you suggesting Fives have a pre-taunt. I could see maybe if he calls a Clone to assist with his Combined Fire he gains Taunt for a turn or two. But his counters are way to devastating for a pre-taunt or auto taunt.