Why do we still have only farmer Luke Skywalker?

Prev1
Shouldn't we already have the chance to get Luke Skywalker with a lightsaber? Why is it taking so long?

Replies

• Options
    Saving him for the next movie in december. We will probably get old Luke first.
  • Options
    I don't understand the clamour for Luke or indeed any character. The nature of the game is such that he will be great for a month or two and then people will move onto the next rework/new character.
    I fight the good fight
  • Options
    When Master/Jedi Luke comes out I expect a Jedi rework which will destroy the sith lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Do a search before starting an already exhausted thread topic
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi Luke is the last sacred cash cow. Lol
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I like having Farmer Luke. This game's choice of obscure characters like General Veers, Farmer Luke, Stormtrooper Han, and other uncommon characters to say the least. Is more appealing to me than other games that take the easy route and have Jedi Luke and other well known characters.
  • Options
    I think the elephant in the room is that we're missing Little Ani...

We've got Vader, we've got Jedi Anakin but not Little Ani...
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Wow yes a question that has never been asked before.........
  • Options
    Jar Jar or bust
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Jar Jar or bust

OK, but remember we need an obscure Jar Jar. So instead of Bombad General Jar Jar, we get Senator Jar Jar who buffs your leader with executive power having their leader ability apply to all characters in your squad. Imagine Jed or Rebels with Zaul's leadership, lol.
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    Jar Jar or bust

OK, but remember we need an obscure Jar Jar. So instead of Bombad General Jar Jar, we get Senator Jar Jar who buffs your leader with executive power having their leader ability apply to all characters in your squad. Imagine Jed or Rebels with Zaul's leadership, lol.

Unless battling the emperor then jar jar gives your leadership ability to the opposing team.
  • Options
    Senate Jar Jar, Bombard General Jar Jar, Street Performer Jar Jar, Underwater Jar Jar, just need one more for a golden team
  • Options
    Not to mention the Gungan Sub
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I believe this would be called, waiting for the money shot.

They save toons that they want to make powerful, or release at a time to peak interest. Ya know because of star wars.... ok money but star wars sounds better.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    clearly there are far more important better characters than look. yes they are saving him for this next movie i'm sure but he isn't already a character because clearly he doesn't have the following some people try and lead everyone to believe. i know he's not on my list of wanted toons.
  • Options
    Muskets > Lightsabers
  • Options
    JediLee wrote: »
    Shouldn't we already have the chance to get Luke Skywalker with a lightsaber? Why is it taking so long?

They will certainly drop old grand master luke once he actually comes out but other than that the game really is fine with shotgun luke, plus no matter what star wars story your reading or watching young jedi luke, trying to not be too insulting, had the least finesse of any jedi i ever seen so
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    -They put farm boy Luke in because they wanted you to subliminally 'farm' stuff in the game.

-They thought it would be hilarious to put Luke in the game with a musket from the 17th century.

-They didn't want to mess up an iconic character when the game was first released, but realize now the Luke filler we have now is lame.

-They wanted to test your commitment to Star Wars.

All of the above.

Don't give up Hope though. Jedi Luke will be out on May 4, 2017 in epic fashion for Star Wars 40th Anniversary, metal hand light saber and all. I bet my BB8s on it.

Force kick and all.

70788098b7acbb3a6e3f3c8a58c27f1e.gif
  • Options
    Agreed! And light saber Rey, please!!!!!
  • Options
    I forsee a zeta upgrade rework with old ben senergy
  • Options
    Why is Luke even a master Jedi in the first place? Oh yeah he was the only Jedi in the galaxy after yoda died. Luke was no where near the Jedi that were in the prequels, old republic, etc. given Rey's ability to use the force in force awakens she will be way stronger than Luke. So musket Luke is fine. Probably OP for what he should be. He beat an old crippled Vader and everyone thinks he's the greatest Jedi ever.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Overrated. I say this with sincerity.

Reason being Han Solo came out with the raid The Pit last year and he was somewhat viable for a few months. However a guild like mine who did not have whale players is just getting close to going Heroic a year later.

By the time we get in Heroic Tank Takedown it will be mid Summer or Fall and Gen. K. will be dust in the wind too.

My point being we will most likely see him in some Zeta almighty raid that will take the average guild 2 years to evolve too.

So don't hold your breath OP.
  • Options
    I want angry ghosts of owen and beru characters, with bonus murdered synergy with each other.
  • PapiBlanco
    306 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm fine never having Jedi Luke if it is going to follow the character candence. He'd be released as arguably the best toon in game that only 2% of swgoh players would be able to get. A few weeks later he'd get a direct counter as nobody stays meta forever he'd probably have a new debuff made specifically to stop him (like how daze was made for any lad still using wiggs). By the time 98% of the player base is able to get them he will be about as useless Han Solo is now with half of the toons that came after him being either better at everything he did, or countering everything he did.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    I'm fine never having Jedi Luke if it is going to follow the character candence. He'd be released as arguably the best toon in game that only 2% of swgoh players would be able to get. A few weeks later he'd get a direct counter as nobody stays meta forever he'd probably have a new debuff made specifically to stop him (like how daze was made for any lad still using wiggs). By the time 98% of the player base is able to get them he will be about as useless Han Solo is now with half of the toons that came after him being either better at everything he did, or countering everything he did.

So you never want Jedi Luke because one day he won't be the most powerful toon in the game? Even if they made him a raid or Yoda style event hero, he'll still lose OP status eventually. GK will one day not be as powerful as he is now, but he'll still be a great character.

I'm wanting Thrawn to be a borderline OP toon as well, but I know he won't stay that way. Doesn't mean I don't want him added to the game.
  • Options
    Nozone2016 wrote: »
    Senate Jar Jar, Bombard General Jar Jar, Street Performer Jar Jar, Underwater Jar Jar, just need one more for a golden team

Darth Jar Jar, or Snoke.
    ;)
  • BlazeSA
    134 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    No Jedi Luke = Dumb

What is Starwars without Jedi Luke?
  • Options
    JediLee wrote: »

This again? Seriously who's more important to this franchise?... Chopper or Luke?
  • Options
    BlazeSA wrote: »
    No Jedi Luke = Dumb

What is Starwars without Jedi Luke?

a lot better story between the sith and the jedi.
  • Options
    Jedi Luke will be released after Podracer Ani (together with the Sebulba - Watto-pack.)