The only thing that matters in arena battles

Speed and potency. Doesn't matter how many stars or what level you are... Just hit first and make you specials hit. This game caters to glass cannon game play. If you don't agree, how many slow teams are high in your shard?

Replies

• mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Options
    There's a double zeta clones team that is my top 10. But you're right, speed kills. Everyone else is running Zaul, Zader with fast Boba or TFP and R1 with fast JE.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It may be a given but team composition matters much more, you can have +120 speed mods but if they are on ugnaught...
  • Options
    Nah there's a lot of variables.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    It may be a given but team composition matters much more, you can have +120 speed mods but if they are on ugnaught...

Yes I agree. The ones who stun or have potent specials are the speed enhanced toons.
  • Options
    I'm by no means the fastest on my shard. but I can take top spot most days.. I normally drop to 10th. I rub zmaul (l) palp, Vader, zsavage and sunfac (to be replaced by zkylo once he is geared)

speed definitely helps but I don't have any real super mods.

most teams run about the same set up as me (though I seem to be the only one who has gone zsavage)
  • Options
    I disagree on potency (if you just hit 3 battles in a row where Bobby don't abi block then that's just how it is) but yeah speed is the only viable stat with top 15 being mainly zaul.
  • Angrybaldman
    369 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Typically, the player who takes more turns wins. Speed is the stat with the highest correlation to number of turns taken. Until that changes, speed will always be the "meta".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Speed will always be king, but I run a relatively slow rex lead team and I stay top 10.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    potency? whut?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    It really depends though. Some team comps it is better to go second and not be super fast.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    potency? whut?

At this point I don't care to explain anymore lol. Let them figure it out.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    rex
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    I probably have the slowest team on my leaderboard. Still wins.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Speed still can't hit you if you dodge.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair, speed and crit damages are the current meta. Hit and run, basic but still work in 2017.