Clone Helmets Confirmed?

Replies

• Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I just don't care about clone helmets.

So then you won't care if they're added. Great!

Imo clones look better without helmets

Do you think they are cute?

Sure do! Got a problem with that?

:lol:
  • Options
    Mandalorians specifically..... SHOULD NEVER BE WITHOUT A HEMLET.

The pain jobs are supposed to mean something
  • Options
    In his first special it looks like he is wearing his helmet, hopefully he wears it. I have no idea who he is but he would look way better wearing it. Hopefully they implemented this to see people's reactions and will also give clones their helmets.
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    In his first special it looks like he is wearing his helmet, hopefully he wears it. I have no idea who he is but he would look way better wearing it. Hopefully they implemented this to see people's reactions and will also give clones their helmets.

Hes a Mandalorian who sided his Clan with the Imperials and became thier right hand man.
    his death has sparked a mandalorian civil war
  • Options
    I totally don't get this obsession with helmets, I really don't.
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

Helmets are important to Clones, Stormies and Mandos

Especially when you know the Helmet provids them with Comms and a combat hud.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Since neither comms nor combat hud is required in this game, we dont need helmets! Problem solved!

PS: who are you to say these factions see helmets as important? Stormies and clones are required to wear one - mandos i suppose could like wearing helmets (or need it - try aiming a gun while flying w a jetpack)
  • Options

Since neither comms nor combat hud is required in this game, we dont need helmets! Problem solved!

Seeing as the clones mandos and stormies are going into combat they require helmets.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Even though, if we posting it, it's because it's ridiculous they don't have their helmets.
    Like someone said, it won't change the way we play but I would give us great pleasure, like when your Jedi/Sith go into battle with lightsabers (except Palp who doesn't need it). They all have the thing that define them in battle : the weapons.

For Clones it's the armor. And who's going into battle without the most precious thing you use when you go at war : an helmet.

So why is it so important : even if the headshot is not possible in the game, a good soldier always carry his helmet and his gun. That's what made him survive that long.
    Plus, everytime someone tell me that's not a reason : you fight a war with your head, not with your arms. What if your head is not protected ?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i love reading these arguments about why clones should have their helmets on. Everything about this game is super unrealistic, but when clones don't have their helmets on it's all of a sudden "ridiculous". Awaiting their turn, receiving hits without moving a muscle however is completely acceptable xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
    518 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    i love reading these arguments about why clones should have their helmets on. Everything about this game is super unrealistic, but when clones don't have their helmets on it's all of a sudden "ridiculous". Awaiting their turn, receiving hits without moving a muscle however is completely acceptable xD

I already post my vision about how they should get reworked, but it seems no one want to give us an answer about it...
  • Options

I think it's ridiculous because their faces look terrible and their helmets look super cool
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I think it's ridiculous because their faces look terrible and their helmets look super cool

can't argue with that, that's the only argument that can be made imo.
    i'm cool either way, with or without helmets. I just find the reasoning in these threads funny.
  • Options
    Gar Saxons Combat Stance: same ascin char window
    Gar Saxons basic: run up to enemy and bludgeon with helmet
    Gar Saxons special: take aim and throw helmet at enemy losing helmet in process
    Gar Saxon unique: chance to run and retrieve helmet after using special

I bet the helmet debate would be off the table if that would be true
  • Options

Hes a Mandalorian who sided his Clan with the Imperials and became thier right hand man.

There's no Mandalorian civil war yet. At least not in Season 3 yet.
  • Options

Wasnt that mentioned in season finale of s3?
  • Options

Wasnt that mentioned in season finale of s3?

Yeah it's mentioned only. We'll see more in Season 4.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I just don't care about clone helmets.

Now lets be fair - there are 7 or 8 people who do...and they keep posting about it over and over abd over... :D

This is true. I could tag most of them by memory, starting with me.
    And I usually end up debating with the same 3 or 4 trolls over and over (who I could also tag by memory). But finally, we have progress!!! And like I said. If this gets added, you won't hear another peep out of me.

Sorry I'm late, didn't know if this would get closed like the others. Lets just do a quick recap of how these go:

Clones should have helmets

Devs said named characters show their faces

Ok, what about Vader, Boba, Kylo Ren?

Whats it matter if they have helmets or not?

Because their faces are literally identical and their helmets are way more unique and identifiable (see photoshopped roster image floating around forums)

The devs have more important things to work on than helmets

What about QGJ's sleeves

Mods close thread

• Options
    Helmets are needed. If you don't care about them then why complain either way. So if they add them you won't care, if they don't you don't care. Cool. But it is a legitimate gripe.

A "toggle" will be fine. But I'm willing to bet there are more players FOR helmets than are AGAINST. It seems like the argument is FOR vs WHO CARES.

So if you don't care be on your way.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    I know that they have different personalities and skills and all that, but I'm still enjoying the arguments about making clones unique.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, just give us a toggle option. Problem solved.
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    I mean, just give us a toggle option. Problem solved.

Yeah, that's pretty much all the Pro-Helmet-ers are asking for. And again, it's basically FOR vs WHO CARES not FOR vs AGAINST.

Toggle options seems like the easiest fix.
  • StarSon
    7487 posts Member
    Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Helmets are needed. If you don't care about them then why complain either way. So if they add them you won't care, if they don't you don't care. Cool. But it is a legitimate gripe.

A "toggle" will be fine. But I'm willing to bet there are more players FOR helmets than are AGAINST. It seems like the argument is FOR vs WHO CARES.

Because it's a waste of resources. Do you know how long it would take to change all of those character models and animations? Time much better spent on actual new content.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Because it's a waste of resources. Do you know how long it would take to change all of those character models and animations? Time much better spent on actual new content.

We have new content on the regular now. Just on Apple sales this game makes about 90k A DAY. They have more than enough resources. And I HIGHLY doubt it would take much time to program that small amount of pixels onto the clones and Sabine. And Saxon, if he doesn't wear it in battle. His helmet is already technically in the game.
  • Options

Some guy photo shopped the helmets on in 5 minutes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i fixed teebo's stealth bug in MSpaint in under 3 minutes.
  • StarSon
    7487 posts Member
    Options

We have new content on the regular now. Just on Apple sales this game makes about 90k A DAY. They have more than enough resources. And I HIGHLY doubt it would take much time to program that small amount of pixels onto the clones and Sabine. And Saxon, if he doesn't wear it in battle. His helmet is already technically in the game.

It's not a money issue, it's a labor issue. Sure, they can afford to hire 12 artists to do the work. But you also have to train those artists in various whatevers, and then hope they don't quit before they finish. And there's the time to interview those people, and manage those people... You can't just throw money at the problem and magically have helmets in the game.

Did he also modify all the models and animations so the helmets look right during actual gameplay in 5 minutes?
  • Options
    The devs said a toggle option would take up too much processing and slow down the game, so that's out.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    The devs said a toggle option would take up too much processing and slow down the game, so that's out.

Ok, then it's out. Just re-do the character model to have the helmets on. Since almost everyone that's "against" these threads really just don't care either way.

Most people want them on, or don't care. Almost no one, from what I've seen on all of these threads, want them to stay off. It's FOR vs MEH. Seems like the FORs have it.
  • Options

It's not a money issue, it's a labor issue. Sure, they can afford to hire 12 artists to do the work. But you also have to train those artists in various whatevers, and then hope they don't quit before they finish. And there's the time to interview those people, and manage those people... You can't just throw money at the problem and magically have helmets in the game.

Did he also modify all the models and animations so the helmets look right during actual gameplay in 5 minutes?

Why would they need to hire and train artists when they already have the team of artists that created the Clones in the first place?
    And it's not like changing character appearances are this insanely difficult thing. Tons of apps with way smaller budgets are easily able to accomplish multiple looks for the same character.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).