What do you think is the strongest 2v2 tag team?

Prev1
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... desperate times..weaklings getting crushed! only the two strongest individuals would avoid certain death! Those two chosen ones need to participate in brutal 2v2 tournaments to survive!

Ok enough role play. Sure no team can beat everyone, but who do you think in your mind would be THE team beating up most other teams?

Rules:
A) all gear 11
B) full stars
C) no mods nor zetas

1. Pick your team but choose wisely.
2. Alternatively with zetas and best fitting mods for your characters.

Happy Easter!!!

Replies

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    No zetas? Chaze. Maybe not particularly powerful, but will survive a lot of punishment, probably enough to let them beat just about anyone else.

Aside from that, Nihilus lead with Maul.
  • Options
    Without mods and zetas??? Then its fives,dt,aayla, and some more.. Havent fought without mods a long time ago.. With zeta and mods, there are many .. So without synergy.. Zooku,zylo,zavage,zoba,zader,zihilus, zives, and so on.. But with synergy and strategy, id say.. Tfp/fotp would be cool, or nihilus/maul , krennic/dt,or chirrut/baze, or zooku/zavage.. Maybe gk/zarriss or weirdly wedge/biggs might work
  • Options
    Without mods and zetas??? Then its fives,dt,aayla, and some more.. Havent fought without mods a long time ago.. With zeta and mods, there are many .. So without synergy.. Zooku,zylo,zavage,zoba,zader,zihilus, zives, and so on.. But with synergy and strategy, id say.. Tfp/fotp would be cool, or nihilus/maul , krennic/dt,or chirrut/baze, or zooku/zavage.. Maybe gk/zarriss or weirdly wedge/biggs might work

So basically half the toons in the game...it says pick your team << singular
  • Options
    Chaze would be my pick. My 2nd choice would probably be nihilus lead with dooku.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Chaze would be my pick. My 2nd choice would probably be nihilus lead with dooku.

Those are definitely my top choices also
  • Options
    Do not discount kylo, though I still may be inclined to at chaze. kylo and +1 (maybe DN) could be great duo
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's the strongest, but I like Ep+Vader. Plenty of debuffs, TM gains and self-heals. I've had fights where it's come down to zKylo vs Vader (EP lead) and Vader seems to come out on top for me.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Provided leadership is ignored as well...Aayla and 5's. They both have assist, they both counter, 5's has 15% health steal and Aayla has a self-heal, they both debuff and r tanky.
  • Options
    DN leader + Dooku
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Provided leadership is ignored as well...Aayla and 5's. They both have assist, they both counter, 5's has 15% health steal and Aayla has a self-heal, they both debuff and r tanky.

I'm not sure which one of those 2 I would pick, probably aayla and sun fec
  • Options
    I'd say GK + Nihilus

There's pretty much no hope of killing either of them, and it's just a countdown to Annihilation.
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Re: Chaze, a counter dispel like SF would leave chirrut to be OHKO. He's terrible without protection. There's even a chance he gets knocked out with an AOE like Sarge.

I'd go for the classic toons that were in the top arena teams before mods, Fives and SF. Don't need synergy, just health steal and a ton of health. Fives gets the multi hits and SF dispels anything fancy. Baze would be a possible sub, but I find most of his strength is in his protection, not his health. RG would be another, but I remember that SF was a better choice once you got him pre mods.

• Options
    I'd say Boba + Kylo, they have stun and boba love to kill chaze
  • Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Some good ones (some already mentioned) in order of how effective I think they could be:

1) Nihilus and Dooku
    2) Boba and Kylo
    2a) Boba and Nihilus
    3) Chirrut and Baze
    4) Ezra and Sabine (Ezra calls Sabine to assist on "Watch and Learn"; if the enemy has less than 30% TM and debuffed, it's Crit City)
    5) Kylo and Phasma
    6) JKA and Ahsoka

• Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    DN leader + Dooku

Agreed
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    The hardy Boyz
    or
    Kane & Undertaker
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Zavage has been my 1 v whatever god and I've seen him win matches 1v3 when I'm autoing. I think Nihlius lead Zavage would win vs everything
  • Options
    Considering that nearly everybody that's worth their weight in arena has zetas and the ones they need. Taking this into account I would say EP and ShoreTrooper could be a contender with the stun lock capability and the heavy taunter. Zaul and Zavage would be my personal pick because of the 1 shot capability and the health steal. Nihilus and Sassy for again the 1 shot capability and the CD manipulation. It would largely depend on who you were fighting. Against a fast multi-attack team Aayla lead with 5's would destroy, but against teams like Chaze you would need a buff immunity or stun team like EP and RG
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    GK Lead, Fives, JKA, Aayla, QGJ/Yoda ... I'll stick with my Jedi!
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    This could actually be an interesting idea for a new game mode. Could add a whole new dimension to things.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    The hardy Boyz
    or
    Kane & Undertaker

The Outsiders or Legion of Doom.

Maybe Mega Powers or Beer Money.

Possibly Edge & Christian or The Jersey Triad if Ric Flair is GM and allows them to have 3.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    This could actually be an interesting idea for a new game mode. Could add a whole new dimension to things.

I would love a 3 v 3 or actually a 6 v 6 where you can stack 2 leader abilities.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo and nihilus
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »

I would love a 3 v 3 or actually a 6 v 6 where you can stack 2 leader abilities.

6 v 6 with 2 leader abilities. Cue an endless parade of Zaul+Dooku squads.
  • EZKill
    112 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DN leader + Dooku

This.

I've had arena matches where Dooku was my only guy left and took out Chaze + Boba (with revive buff) or Biggs by himself.

Funny as hell to watch Dooku pong.
  • Kivoku
    190 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'd actually lean towards the EP+Vader combo, especially against Chaze and DN (L) + another sith. Healing immunity, massive dps from culling blade and 2-turn stun lock would cripple either team, and the added TM boost keeps them going often.

As for an alternative not mentioned yet, anyone think about a Jyn +1 team? You would go, a lot.
  • Options
    Battle droid/ C3PO the bigger question is which is batter C3PO head or C3PO body.
  • Options
    Mob enforcer/CUP
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Lol i thought that post was to build a team without zetas... But is to choose 2 toons with no zetas for a 2x2...

Hmm... In that case i would go with JKA and GK
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Sam and Dean Winchester.