Unpopular opinion about zeta drop rates incoming...

Prev1
Zeta drop rate is not great we all know it. I have gone 3 weeks without getting a single one. However, zetas are ultra rare and really make parts of this game really easy if you have them or really hard if you don't have them. That's how it should be. I don't want everyone to have them. They should be hard to get. Quit whining about every single thing in this gam that you can't get in 3 seconds this game is a grind because the second it stops it will be over.

Rant done.

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    From what I have seen it looks like somewhere between a 1/3 to 1/4 chance, so with fleet shipments you can complete about one to two zeta abilities in a month? That is crazy slow in my opinion but it should get better considering how many new ones are being added in that time
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    0 Zeta :'(
  • Options
    The problem is when you go extended periods without them and your rivals are dropping them and getting there faster than you and not sending money to do it. They shouldn't be like gear drops, they should drop like ability mats in the challenges.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    From what I have seen it looks like somewhere between a 1/3 to 1/4 chance, so with fleet shipments you can complete about one to two zeta abilities in a month? That is crazy slow in my opinion but it should get better considering how many new ones are being added in that time

It's pretty slow but it really isn't much slower than gearing to 11 or promoting to 7 stars and zetas like zader can be borderline game breaking. (Rancor raid solos)
  • Options
    The problem is when you go extended periods without them and your rivals are dropping them and getting there faster than you and not sending money to do it. They shouldn't be like gear drops, they should drop like ability mats in the challenges.

Everyone goes through dry spells. Sometimes you will be gaining while they are not. It equals out. The whole world isn't designed just to beat you.
  • Options
    Please keep these posts to yourself.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

As soon as all the whiners posting about how they don't get enough do the same.
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »

I haven't seen one of those posts in a while. And you know what you can do next time you see one? Ignore it. Shocking, I know :worried:
  • Coolmcdrew
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I haven't seen one of those posts in a while. And you know what you can do next time you see one? Ignore it. Shocking, I know :worried:

lol you can ignore this post...move along. You telling someone to ignore a post while commenting on a post you don't like is the most hypocritical thing on the internet today.
  • Options
    The low drop rate was fine, at first.

However now that most people have 2 or 3 zeta skills on their arena teams I don't see the harm in an increased drop rate.

I'm sure we will eventually have more ways of acquiring them, just gotta be patient
  • Options
    The low drop rate was fine, at first.

However now that most people have 2 or 3 zeta skills on their arena teams I don't see the harm in an increased drop rate.

I'm sure we will eventually have more ways of acquiring them, just gotta be patient

This is probably true. But once everyone has zetas in everything they will put something new out. It's a never ending cycle so I'm ok if they let it play out slowly
  • Options
    Zetas are like omegas when they first came out... crazy upgrades that seem OP but will look tame after a while.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

It's pretty slow but it really isn't much slower than gearing to 11 or promoting to 7 stars and zetas like zader can be borderline game breaking. (Rancor raid solos)

True, although ironically enough those solo teams are mainly successful for having most at gear 11 or 10 ahead of time. I don't think it needs to have a better drop rate anytime soon but it would be nice to try new teams
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    the answer is simple -- just buy them with Fleet shipments currency... sure, it blows having to put other farming on hold but anybody who sits around waiting to accumulate Zetas via just the challenges is a buffoon.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Keep in mind that you have no idea who spends money or when, who is farming zeta only, who is farming shards and only some zeta. So suggesting that you're drop rate must stink becuase your arena shardmates are getting them fast than you makes no sense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The statistically very low drop rates place a greater importance on Arena ranking. That is currently the only thing that keeps ships relevant once you can complete the challenge. That said, the drop rates are ridiculous! I disagree with OP completely.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I agree that the average drop rate is fine - zetas are very strong and should be rare - but the bad RNG in stretches where you get shutout is no fun. I haven't had bad streaks and so far average around 1 per challenge day (so 1/4), but the worst day for me is come challenge day and I get 0 zetas from the challenge. A shutout just seems like such a kick in the ..... makes for a very bad user experience. Would much rather prefer we can 1 guaranteed per challenge day and remove the chance to get 2+ per each challenge day.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that the average drop rate is fine - zetas are very strong and should be rare - but the bad RNG in stretches where you get shutout is no fun. I haven't had bad streaks and so far average around 1 per challenge day (so 1/4), but the worst day for me is come challenge day and I get 0 zetas from the challenge. A shutout just seems like such a kick in the ..... makes for a very bad user experience. Would much rather prefer we can 1 guaranteed per day and remove the chance to get 2+ per each challenge day.

Just wish there was the "First Time" thing each day it rolls around so people would still feel like they're getting something.
  • Options
    I'd be happy if they went back to their original drop rate, which was nerfed. But if you use the challenge and think of it as a bonus to those you buy from shipments, you'll be happier in the long run
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The drop rate is fine. I have the challenge unlocked for months and there have been only 2 or 3 times I didn't get any zetas from the challenge. Not having to spend my ship currency and getting zetas quicker then I can get the omegas ready is great.
    Post edited by Austin09370 on
  • Options
    The drop rate is fine. I have the challenge unlocked for months and there have been only 2 or 3 times I didn't get any zetas from the challenge. Not having to spend my ship currency and getting zetas quicker then I can get the omegas ready is great.

Although I find it unlikely if you're telling the truth you have the best luck in the world. I have heard of no one who hasn't had at least a couple bad runs.

I know I have had multiple weeks where I got 0-1 zetas from challenges
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It depends on your shard, though. If you're on a new shard where zeta'ing a 3 star gear 7 DN is going to make or break you, then you can't get these zetas fast enough.

If you are on an old shard where everyone has all the requisite toons maxed already, you can't get these zetas fast enough.

But I bet there are a lot of people who are accumulating zetas faster than they can use them. Personally, I have nowhere to spend them where they will make a difference, because my zeta-able toons/squads are not useful, yet. I feel like I will never run out of zetas... I need shards and gear, and this is what I spend my fleet currency on while my zetas accumulate thru the roof.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    agree with @LastJedi, I have 40+ zeta mats saved and frankly nowhere to use them 'cause the toons i'd like to use them on are just not max'd...

zeta leadership needs multiple toons to be at or at least near max, and i don't want to use such rare zeta mats on unique or skill zetas that won't directly help my arena team (Boba is a good example for this one. I have him max'd but no longer use him in my arena team, so why bother zeta'ing that execute, sigh)

of course I also hope for more liberal drop rates, but it's been fine for me so far. I'm using 2 zeta'd toons in my arena team right now and possibly 3 if i can gear another toon. But i'm nowhere near Zeta'ing any leadership as all of my factions are only 2 or 3 toons at or near max....
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Problem with zetas is that its not a equal ground for everyone. I unlocked zeta challenges 2 weeks before some of my mates and I have recieved 58 zetas and they have recieved starting 2 weeks after me 83..... the drop rate is not a consistent ratio that equals out at the end it instead each time you sim its a separate RNG so you always have x% chance to receive a zeta per drop not like shards that equals a 33% drop rate at the end. So basically while I go 1/4 or 0/4 per zeta challenge day my mates can constantly recieve 2/4 3/4 without going on the long 0/40 streaks I have gone trough
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Problem with zetas is that its not a equal ground for everyone. I unlocked zeta challenges 2 weeks before some of my mates and I have recieved 58 zetas and they have recieved starting 2 weeks after me 83..... the drop rate is not a consistent ratio that equals out at the end it instead each time you sim its a separate RNG so you always have x% chance to receive a zeta per drop not like shards that equals a 33% drop rate at the end. So basically while I go 1/4 or 0/4 per zeta challenge day my mates can constantly recieve 2/4 3/4 without going on the long 0/40 streaks I have gone trough

The simple fact that anyone can go 0/40 highlights the reason why the system is just crap.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Zetas have a 100% drop rate if you have 2000 fleet tokens. Everything else is gravy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Zetas have a 100% drop rate if you have 2000 fleet tokens. Everything else is gravy.

To be fair there could be a 0.0000000001% chance you press the wrong buttons.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Maybe all these people simming for stun cuffs going 0/51442 are simply pressing the wrong button and simming the wrong node?!?!?!
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Maybe all these people simming for stun cuffs going 0/51442 are simply pressing the wrong button and simming the wrong node?!?!?!

And then you realize you spent a month simming mk IV cuffs, when really you need mk V cuffs. All because someone on the forums said not to farm from the find gear screen because it has worse drop rates.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I expect they will be adding zeta challenges soon as were hitting 6 months since ships were added. Thats going to be the first step before tweaking the drop rates. They did the same with omegas. First was the omega challanges, then after a few months they added them to the skill mats challange, then a couple months later they added the chance to get a drop from mystery box for doing dailies. They have hinted at a new game mode being added. They could use it to srart working zetas more into the game.