GW doesn't get easier if you lose.

Prev1
I heard that GW gets easier if you didn't complete the previous GW. Well, I haven't completed a single GW since turning 85 a month ago and I'm still getting max level/gear/zeta teams on node 9.

Replies

• Options
    Results vary, I have seen it go either way.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    No it doesn't
  • Options
    Correct, it does not matter if you lose. There are some interesting GW theories out there, for sure. I keep wondering why some of these high-profile guild members keep insisting that GW squads are selected from team comps that others have used in GW. Why would they say that ...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    in my experience it's random, some days hard, some days easy. I haven't lost a GW in ages and it doesn't get increasingly harder, so i guess it also doesn't get easier when you do lose.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Doesn't seem to, I lose to Chaze and GK everyday.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    knightmike wrote: »
    I heard that GW gets easier if you didn't complete the previous GW. Well, I haven't completed a single GW since turning 85 a month ago and I'm still getting max level/gear/zeta teams on node 9.

Interesting, but sorry to say but the teams aren't usually fully maxed at node 9, they are close, but the max teams come node 11 or 12 depending if you get the node 12 easy or not.

Are you preloading TM for a few teams to help out by the time you get to node 9? This helps quite a bit, if you do it right you can get a full turn before the other team sometimes even more with the right speed/characters, and those strong team are "as" hard while de-buffed or stunned or your team is buffed up.

O
  • Options
    I never knew this was a theory or read anywhere about this BUT i have always personally known this even i do it. I did not know others feel the same. I definitely think its easier second time around after not finishing it
  • Camakin
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't your entire GW based on the power of your top 5 toons? For me Node 6 is competitive but usually easily beatable breeze through 7 and 8, then 9 is a challenge, 10 a little more challenging, 11 a beast and then 12 is a bunch of 3 star green squad of Ugnaught, CUP, Greedo and other random awful toons
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I believe I read that your rank in squad arena determines the difficulty of galactic war.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's top 5 toons or something else. I switch my arena squad around quite a bit. At power level 40k, I get harder GW and at 35k, it's easier. Probably coincidence.
  • Options

Try losing on node 1 for a week
  • Options
    StarWhales wrote: »

Try losing on node 1 for a week

I tried that but it didn't work. Do you think I should try losing for 1 month?
  • Options
    Orions wrote: »

Interesting, but sorry to say but the teams aren't usually fully maxed at node 9, they are close, but the max teams come node 11 or 12 depending if you get the node 12 easy or not.

Are you preloading TM for a few teams to help out by the time you get to node 9? This helps quite a bit, if you do it right you can get a full turn before the other team sometimes even more with the right speed/characters, and those strong team are "as" hard while de-buffed or stunned or your team is buffed up.

O

I had a 4 zeta maxed fo squad yesterday.. In node 6
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Not sure if it's top 5 toons or something else. I switch my arena squad around quite a bit. At power level 40k, I get harder GW and at 35k, it's easier. Probably coincidence.

I've also heard it's based on your top 5, but I'm not sure if that's correct or not
  • Nack_Alfaghn
    593 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    In my experience it's based off the top 5 powers on your roster. It got harder when I geared Teebo up for the Rancor even though he is not in my arena team. I also started getting the broken node 12 when I geared my Vader up for the Rancor.

Try to avoid increasing the gear level of multiple tanks. I found it very easy when my Rebel team were my top 5 powers. Most people I know who struggle have mostly tanks for their top 5 meaning they take on teams they can't beat as they don't have the fire power to take on teams who are not tanks at that power total.
  • SidiousIsPikachu
    771 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    your top squad determine your GW.
    deep roster = easy win, not deep rosters... well, you done.
    invest in a B and C team, invest in healers, TM beasts and things like that.
    node 12 for example is 120% of your roster power, as far as i know, and at some point, you'll get EASY node 12, since you cant get those teams...
    my top 5 team is 48K team, which means my node 12 is 58K power team. there's no such thing, so i get teams with no gear...
    the math of GW exclude your recent wins/loses, just your own team IN POWER, you'll get various of teams, some you counter, some you won't.
    you have to get strong B teams for the teams you can't counter.

i belive that in reddit you can find more info about GW math and what you'll face.
  • Options
    I can't see the teams you face being actual teams that people have used in GW. I face some very strange combos sometimes. Last week I had a Jedi Knight Guardian led team on node 10 - nobody in their right mind would use that team.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    I can't see the teams you face being actual teams that people have used in GW. I face some very strange combos sometimes. Last week I had a Jedi Knight Guardian led team on node 10 - nobody in their right mind would use that team.

It's mainly nodes 6, 9, 11 and 12 that have been verified as actual arena teams, afaik. Others could be generated. But there are some terrible teams out there. It's not that uncommon to see JC or *shudder* nightsister initiate lead teams. Not in the top 200 of arena probably, but there's a lot below that...
  • Options
    Correct, it does not matter if you lose. There are some interesting GW theories out there, for sure. I keep wondering why some of these high-profile guild members keep insisting that GW squads are selected from team comps that others have used in GW. Why would they say that ...

Doubtful, when I unlocked it at level 40 I was getting teams from sub-level 40s on the easier nodes, they can't have been GW comps.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Welcome to premades, the names of the teams are from players, but the team make up and skill set is all AI. GW randomly creates teams and frequently "goofs". Some here will swear on a stack of anime mags they have never seen this happen, it's all completely fair. But you know what you saw. Decide for yourself.
  • Options

Not sure about that. I think the stronger your own top team is, the more likely it is you'll face maxed teams earlier in the fight.

I've seen level 85, gear 11 7-star teams with zetas on nodes 6 and 9 frequently. The worst (and one that shows up every three days or so) is a Zaul team with Zader, Zylo, EP and Zooku. Very tough team to take down and have enough left over to fight through node 11.
  • Kracken
    81 posts Member
    Options
    GW is annoying. I get Zeta full geared well before the last node usually with Gen Kenobi as well.....
  • Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »

I've also heard it's based on your top 5, but I'm not sure if that's correct or not

My guild has agreed on it being based off top 5 (at least partially). I got my yoda to gear 11 and I started getting those gear 11 zeta'd teams on the last node, tho I never got them before. My guild mates have reported similar things happening.
  • Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu said it best. GW is all about a deep roster. As you get higher in ranks an dpower dedicated healers (except Bariss) become useless and your teams will get ripped apart if you're not Zeta'd up, maybe even if.

I do think GW is lop sided for emerging players - when they're new it's easy - but then they hit their first real teams and the emerging players line-up can't finish.

You kind of need 3 teams, more is better. Rotate through them in the first few rounds - the TM storage you get from it will give you a significant advantage later on. As you hit Wiggs teams you need TM'd up sith teams to squash them/stun them fast so Wiggs doesn't assassinate one of your toons.

By the same token, Rey, Leia, IG88 are all good, disposable, heavy hitters to go in on a hard node 12 team and assassinate one of the toons. Goes for Boba Fett if they have a chaze.

As as been the way for over a year -- roster depth matters.

Adding fuel to the fire - personally, I don't have time/end up reading late into the night and don't always finish GW, and I do find the next day goes easier, quicker, and can solo it with Zader or maul sith comps.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Slickrock wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to, I lose to Chaze and GK everyday.

This.

The boring grind without explanation of how it works is testament to just how badly developed this game is. I wonder if even CG actually know how GW works.
  • Options
    Well, my level 85 team is 31k power and in the last 60 or so days simce i hit 85 i have completed every GW with perhaps one or two days since then.
  • Options
    Lowly little Level 71 player here and haven't lost a GW yet, but have a squad that's base primarily on stuns - all of the extra turns really help out.

It also seems that since GW is Power based and Jedi teams are severely overrated from a power perspective, not having any strong jedi is a big help in completing GW.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I heard that GW gets easier if you didn't complete the GW....
    ^^^^ I see the problem.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    I've held this belief personally just from experience but it's been almost a year since I haven't completed a GW. That being said, not once, now that you have hit 85, will you ever have a node 11 or 12 where the toons are not maxed. That's just because you have arrived at a certain place in the game. good luck, build your roster, and enjoy the fruits of GW.
  • Options
    Everything written in this forum is absolutely true, always.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice