Sith trooper op

Prev13
Well there is a newcommer in my shard and noone of my buddys can kill him.. His super weapon is.. Sithtrooper in a squadcombination noone has ever seen haha. So he runs zavage lead, sith trooper,zarriss,nihilus,chirrut.. That trooper is immortal to me, cuz he has 91k health and taunt is permanent up.. 3 cleaners and zarriss heal.. Noone can kill him . Mostly we timeout or loose

Replies

• Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    DN/DT
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    And chirrut heal too.

Nihilus, boba,zader are some possible good options there. There is also ep,dooku, sid,jka, b2,tfp...

Stun,shock, healing immunity, buff immunity are all your friends.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus and Palp kill him with IK and shock.
  • Options
    Looks like a clever squad set up, might have to try it
  • Options
    Well there is a newcommer in my shard and noone of my buddys can kill him.. His super weapon is.. Sithtrooper in a squadcombination noone has ever seen haha. So he runs zavage lead, sith trooper,zarriss,nihilus,chirrut.. That trooper is immortal to me, cuz he has 91k health and taunt is permanent up.. 3 cleaners and zarriss heal.. Noone can kill him . Mostly we timeout or loose

If you can get off an ability block before any of the sith move, he's not that difficult. Heal immunity definitely works, as well as stun and daze to keep his retribution under wraps.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Not with all the cleansers. As mentioned before, Zader and Boba would wreck that team, as you can't get rid of the dots and as they stack up you just destroy them, DN as well. Shock and Heal Immunity are going to do nothing with all the cleansers on the team, however Zader and Boba would completely and utterly pwn that team.
  • Options
    What annoys me is when you run into these people early in GW you're pretty much shafted straight away
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Lmao here goes another person throwing the word OP around like something actually is.

The only thing close to OP in this game is synergy with chaze
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I believe OP is being over used here. Someone is running an innovative setup, and you're struggling to take them out. It's essentially a time out squad. zVader is your friend. Long live Lord zVader!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    B2. You're welcome.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    B2, DN, sun fac dispel him then ability block it always happens to me with my sit
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I believe OP is being over used here. Someone is running an innovative setup, and you're struggling to take them out. It's essentially a time out squad. zVader is your friend. Long live Lord zVader!

Haha it takes about 6 turns for vader.. Meanwhile he gets shredded by nihilus .. Actually is a 40% chance on offense but while that happened either or not , nihilus has about ~100k hp (40+30+30 (2 random toons with 30k))and tons of defense.. Atleast then vader gets shredded .. Have i said that vaders culling blade deals near to 0 dmg against 270% defense sith trooper?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    DN lead. Zarris is now useless for the most part. and When DN uses his basic it will dispel Sith trooper. Annhilate doesn't care how much health defenese or protection you have.
    Dooku he will not die vs that team because of the crazy health steal and counters and no heal immunity from opposing team
    He also cannot be countered when using his basic
    SA, while stealthed cannot not be countered or targeted. WIll make DN faster.

Other 2
    could throw in your own barris for auto cleanse and heal equlaization if needed.
    maul high damage and daze
    SiT of you own

Edit: Missed that it was nihilus in the team thought it was chaze. so yes dooku could be killed
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    DN lead. Zarris is now useless for the most part. and When DN uses his basic it will dispel Sith trooper. Annhilate doesn't care how much health defenese or protection you have.
    Dooku he will not die vs that team because of the crazy health steal and counters and no heal immunity from opposing team

Other 2
    could throw in your own barris for auto cleanse and heal equlaization if needed.
    SiT of you own

U dont ubderstand it right?? 90k hp, tanky af .. Zarriss heals with 10k just for a crit which does 10k .. That isnt even killable.. And u might get close to but zarriss heals again.. Chirrut gives thousands of hots .. U missed my point bud
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Other 2
    SiT of you own

U dont ubderstand it right?? 90k hp, tanky af .. Zarriss heals with 10k just for a crit which does 10k .. That isnt even killable.. And u might get close to but zarriss heals again.. Chirrut gives thousands of hots .. U missed my point bud

Dn lead and sith don't crit, for the most part. Zariss heal on crit is done.
    Annihilate doesn't care how much protection health or anything else you have it simply destroys the target. Sit annihilated and he is done.
    I have used dn annihilate 3 to 4 times in a battle before.
  • Options
    *sees post name* *laughs hysterically* Okay, OP is not the word id use on Sith Trooper, but good is the right word
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    DOTs that can't b cleansed under zVader. Run TFP so u open 1st and strip some tm. zSidious adds more DOTs, takes tm and applies heal block. Boba executes DOTs that come right back and all their buffs work against them. B2 would b your 4th and splash whatever flavor u want in the 5th spot...imo Nihilus.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Or, Zeta Maul lead, mod maul to go first, and Nihilus follow him up. Enemy is all dazed (Mainly Barriss to stop her TM gain when you crit), and can't use special abilities until round two. Sith trooper won't get taunting until after the second round (Don't need to worry about Zavage using a special ability on round 1). Use Vader to stack DoTs and Speed Down, use EP to shock whoever Barriss's passive cleanse cleanses, and SA to speed them up so you could potentially have Nihilus eating cooldowns so long that the sith never get a chance to use a special. Their Nihilus won't your cooldowns as his skill will constantly be on cooldown. Nihilus should be ready to eat someone after a couple of turns, Vader can take out Chirrut with culling blade fairly easily as he'll have low health due to the lack of Baze. I'd recommend eating the enemy Nihilus first. The last three will just be Zarriss, Zavage and Sith Trooper. Those three won't really be killing anyone, and Sith Trooper will be the only one really using a special so he won't be taunting all that much. Just put it on auto and let annihilate kill everyone at that point.

This is just another way of going about that team. There are other options as suggested above.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    DOTs that can't b cleansed under zVader. Run TFP so u open 1st and strip some tm. zSidious adds more DOTs, takes tm and applies heal block. Boba executes DOTs that come right back and all their buffs work against them. B2 would b your 4th and splash whatever flavor u want in the 5th spot...imo Nihilus.

So lets continue.. Savage uses special.. SiT has buff.. Everything does 2-7k dmg.. SiT sits on maybe 60% health right? Now he gain 3 hots and hes full again.. Its the zavage lead whoch makes him immortal. Vaders culling blade against a 8times debuffed siT dealt 26k with cit mods and offense up.. That would normally be an overkill right? Btw, nihilus already anhilated zader or any dps toon u figure out and now?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

So lets continue.. Savage uses special.. SiT has buff.. Everything does 2-7k dmg.. SiT sits on maybe 60% health right? Now he gain 3 hots and hes full again.. Its the zavage lead whoch makes him immortal. Vaders culling blade against a 8times debuffed siT dealt 26k with cit mods and offense up.. That would normally be an overkill right? Btw, nihilus already anhilated zader or any dps toon u figure out and now?

Than accept 2nd and move on with your life.
  • Options

So lets continue.. Savage uses special.. SiT has buff

And there's your problem right there. Savage is slow as molasses compared to TFP, Boba, or EP or Nihilus under a Zaul lead. You need to be dropping some ability block, stun, or cooldown increase onto the Sith before they go, and if you can't it probably means that you have terrible mods and his are good. With that kind of speed differential he can probably trash you with almost any decent team.

Zader with Sidious would absolutely wreck that team, dots and expose don't care in the least about armour, and once they have uncleansable dots on them, neither does Sidious. And with Sidious putting uncleansable dots on everyone right off the bat Chirrut will never give anyone tenacity up, so the dots will just keep piling up. Throw in EP, Nihilus, and Sith Assassin and you would ROFLstomp that team so hard that it would make Savage cry like a baby.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the peiple suggesting shock heal immunity etc are forgetting what Barriss does.......
  • Malgrin
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Most of the peiple suggesting shock heal immunity etc are forgetting what Barriss does.......

And Zavage.
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @grotesque_ah What are the star levels of that squad? And how are they moded? And how old is your arena shard?
    Post edited by Barhebraeus on
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

Zavage also has a passive cleanse of sorts, it is basically a combination triple cleanse/time out team, and I suspect it is arena viable, but it is by no means OP.

A standard triple cleanse team also has very hard to kill tanks, and the Rex lead would mean their Nihilus gets to annihilate sooner. And I'm pretty sure that if you can debuff the team so that Chirrut doesn't give tenacity up there are quite a few Zader/Zaul/Nihilus lead Sith teams that would be able to put down debuffs faster than they can be cleansed.

I think the most interesting thing to do with the team would be to swap out Chirrut for Rex. The result should be a triple cleanse team that could reliably beat pretty much any Zaul lead team by substituting a pair of zetas for GK and Baze. I think there are a lot of people who would find that useful.
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    this thread is chock full of, "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad."
  • Options
    There are ways to counter him for sure but he's definitely the most under rated toon.

Really the point is you specifically have to deal with him and he's incredibly hard to burn down. He taunts easily, buffs himself, has incredible defense with high HPs and debuffs on top of it.

The only bad thing about him is he looks like he's wearing a bucket on his head.

Total fights on offense I've lost since I put him in a month ago: 2? and that's saying a lot given the zaul/SA/DN/EP RNG mess where you can be all stunned and dazed out of the blocks. On defense drop to no more than 9 w B2 or 14 w double tank GK.
  • Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Lmao here goes another person throwing the word OP around like something actually is.

The only thing close to OP in this game is synergy with chaze
    To be honest Chaze is overtuned and does need nerfs.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    dough wrote: »
    this thread is chock full of, "oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad."

Lol