Credit heist replays!

Prev1
I propose we should be able to purchase rerolls for this event. After the first 2 plays you can spend 150 crystals on 2 more plays and then 300 crystals on 2 more plays ETC ETC. it's just with the lack of the credit heists appearance I'd like to make the most of it while I got ahold of it for the day.

Replies

• Eightys
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Great idea!!
  • Options
    There are credit packs in store for a reason. This will never happen. Also, credits aren't even an issue anymore for anyone who's been 85 for a couple of months. Gear is the real limiting factor.
  • Options
    There's no way it would ever be that cheap. No freaking way.

If they used crystals as re-roll currency it would be somewhere around 500.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Sounds reasonable... I'd still pay it!
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd give 500 to reroll two turns on it.
  • Options
    Why don't the throw in some stun cuffs and a new car?
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

And some GK shards...

I don't get some of the expectations... When people bring up what I would consider legitimate requests of more diverse gear requirements or slightly higher drops it gets lost in requests like this (Basically something super for nothing).

The OP is literally asking for 5mil credits for 150 crystals when the store sells on average a 1 million for 600 crystals.
  • Options
    Twin wrote: »

And some GK shards...

I don't get some of the expectations... When people bring up what I would consider legitimate requests of more diverse gear requirements or slightly higher drops it gets lost in requests like this (Basically something super for nothing).

The OP is literally asking for 5mil credits for 150 crystals when the store sells on average a 1 million for 600 crystals.

Agreed!
    There are credit packs in store for a reason. This will never happen. Also, credits aren't even an issue anymore for anyone who's been 85 for a couple of months. Gear is the real limiting factor.

See, that's just it. I don't think I would even use what the OP mentioned. I'd rather use my crystals to Buy made gear when it appears (or DN shards...) - I decided wanted to finish my Droid/Jawa P2 team recently and it got me down to 2 Mil, and I almost was sweating, I think I was polishing off Resistance for the first ground war last time I noticed Credits.

Probably a lot of people chased Phoenix squad and are broke now :tongue:
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    It would be nice to get a chance for one more try for those who the RNG gods punish with 1.5 mill rewards on both turns or paired with a 2.5 mill... this happens to me more often than I get two 2.5 mill rewards, and I'd gladly pay 500 crystals for 1 more roll if anything. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the credits when I get them, but if there's a clamoring for retries, I'll gladly get behind that!
  • Options
    Why would they make it so cheap as 500. That's less than the credit pack. A reroll would more likely be 2500 credits to be consistent.
  • Options
    Darknessie wrote: »
    Why would they make it so cheap as 500. That's less than the credit pack. A reroll would more likely be 2500 credits to be consistent.

No it wouldnt. You can buy credits at the store any time. Credit heists only come around so often.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    560k-1.68 mil credits for 595 crystals from the data packs, that's 942-2,823 credits per crystal. Credit Heist gives 1.5-10 mil per attempt so 3mil-20 mil overall.

Similar pricing would be 3,186-7,083 crystals for a refresh, going by the crystal:credit ratio for the maximum and minimum amounts on the data cards and applying it to both the maximum and minimum amounts for the event.

150, 500 crystals? Not a chance.
  • Options

Lmao you get something like 1/2mil to 1.5 mil for 595 crystals in the store. On average a veteran player gets 5 mil per credit heist. It should be like 2000 crystals for a reroll
  • Options

No it wouldnt. You can buy credits at the store any time. Credit heists only come around so often.

Exactly. Thanks for proving the point. Why would a company out to make money out of you cut their own throat on profit like that.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options

Only if you have the time (and toons) to complete GW every day without fail. Some of us have lives.

Also, the credit packs in the store are a joke. I don't think they've been updated since before the first level cap increase, so while they might be worth it if you are level 50, they're a complete and utter ripoff for those of us at the cap.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options

Credit packs are 595 crystals for a chance at 1.68 million credits. We'd be looking at 2500+ for two more runs that coukd theoretically give a total of 20 million with a floor of 3 million.
  • Options
    It's credits!!! Ugh, can we close this one down?

If we ever get a gear heist... we can talk reroll then....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

I guess you don't buy mods from the store then. One good mod will wipe out everything you just got from the event. I've been 85 since they upped the level cap, finish GW everyday and still run out of credits almost everyday either through mods in the store, or various other activities. You are right that the real struggle is gear though. On that I can agree.
  • Options
    There are some events that offer replays at slightly better odds than the credit packs in the store. I think on omega battles you can get 150k credits for 100 crystals. Based on that, if they offered replays of the credit heist it would probably be at least 3000 crystals to refresh both attempts.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options

Exactly. Thanks for proving the point. Why would a company out to make money out of you cut their own throat on profit like that.

Because they're not cutting their throat, they're expanding their profit potential.

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'll ever buy a credit pack from the store. Certainly not with money. You know what I might spend a couple bucks on? A credit heist refresh. Because it's more in line with what I would consider the value of credits to be.

Similar to how I can price a box of chocolates at $25, and few will buy it, but if I price it at $10, more will buy it. I'll make more sales that way, eventually leading to more money. The limiting factor being, of course, the cost of production, which there is little of for this event/credits.
  • Options
    Corrog wrote: »

Because they're not cutting their throat, they're expanding their profit potential.

I don't know about you, but I don't think I'll ever buy a credit pack from the store. Certainly not with money. You know what I might spend a couple bucks on? A credit heist refresh. Because it's more in line with what I would consider the value of credits to be.

Similar to how I can price a box of chocolates at $25, and few will buy it, but if I price it at $10, more will buy it. I'll make more sales that way, eventually leading to more money. The limiting factor being, of course, the cost of production, which there is little of for this event/credits.

The problem with this theory is that if sales are hot(which they are right now), there is no reason to decrease the price. If sales start dropping perhaps they will reconsider the business model.
  • Options
    So they will do 3 - 10 million refresh for less than the price of a 500k refresh. Right. Well if we are having wishful thinking let's ask for 7 star characters for 500 crystals too
  • Options

Aye. It's the laws of supply and demand.

There's two main strategies to take advantage of in supply and demand:
    1. If you are the sole purveyor of something (or are in cahoots with all the other purveyors) then you stand to make a lot more money by selling a little bit at a time. The low supply keeps the demand high which drives the price up.
    2. If you are in competition with another purveyor, you can lower your costs to raise the demand for your specific product, thus driving the little guy out of business, at which point you go back to strategy #1.

Now there is a breakpoint that when the supply drops so low people stop looking to get it because there's never enough of it for them to be able to afford to get it.

The diamond industry are masters of this. They only release an exceedingly minute amount of diamonds to the public every year to keep the supply low and the demand high, thus maximizing their profits.

In a community like this, there does need to be a healthy amount of free stuff given out in order to keep the market pool large enough for the competition to drive people to buy, but that doesn't in any way mean they need to adjust prices to induce still more people to buy. No, they're better off keeping prices as they are.

TLDR: They aren't likely to introduce refreshes for a repeating event at a cheaper cost than an option that is always in the store.

• Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Aye. It's the laws of supply and demand.

There's two main strategies to take advantage of in supply and demand:
    1. If you are the sole purveyor of something (or are in cahoots with all the other purveyors) then you stand to make a lot more money by selling a little bit at a time. The low supply keeps the demand high which drives the price up.
    2. If you are in competition with another purveyor, you can lower your costs to raise the demand for your specific product, thus driving the little guy out of business, at which point you go back to strategy #1.

Now there is a breakpoint that when the supply drops so low people stop looking to get it because there's never enough of it for them to be able to afford to get it.

The diamond industry are masters of this. They only release an exceedingly minute amount of diamonds to the public every year to keep the supply low and the demand high, thus maximizing their profits.

In a community like this, there does need to be a healthy amount of free stuff given out in order to keep the market pool large enough for the competition to drive people to buy, but that doesn't in any way mean they need to adjust prices to induce still more people to buy. No, they're better off keeping prices as they are.

TLDR: They aren't likely to introduce refreshes for a repeating event at a cheaper cost than an option that is always in the store.

And this is why I am happy they have this event at all. They are giving out a huge amount of credits for free when you can get a very small percentage of this value in the store for much more real money.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »

I guess you don't buy mods from the store then. One good mod will wipe out everything you just got from the event. I've been 85 since they upped the level cap, finish GW everyday and still run out of credits almost everyday either through mods in the store, or various other activities. You are right that the real struggle is gear though. On that I can agree.

You must be very lucky or you buy everything.. A mod pops up worth buying maybe 1-2 time a week for me.

I just don't get it... You earn credits faster then you can gear a toon... Mods aren't that expensive to upgrade.

Yes from time to time you might not have enough or you have to choose between buying a mod or leveling a character (I level characters maybe once a week...). This is part of the game, you have to chose what you spend your resources on.

You don't get to go into a store and buy one of everything and then complain they should lower prices. Go try that at walmart, home of low prices and they will think your are crazy(ier then their normal customers).

Expecting to buy everything in the stores is not a realistic expectation imo.

• Options
    I doubt they would ever do it for less crystals than their Credit Mega Pack, otherwise they would be undercutting themselves. So maybe 600 crystals for 1st refresh and 1200 for the 2nd refresh and so on.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I suggest you research the term, cannibalization.

You're supply and demand thought is at an elementary level.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    I sit at 27mill at the moment, in the last 3 weeks I upgraded rex, maul and will do kenobi in 6 days(132 shards) haat tomorrow ^_^ will have 20 mill, this week bought 2, 5 dot mods and upgraded them, and another 5 to lvl 12 but they were rubish, and I only have gear for kenobi to get to XI, maul and rex, still sat on gear IX.

By the time I can upgrade maul and rex at XI will have 40M no credits needed but gear.
  • Options
    With where I'm at in the game, I'd rather have heists or something for mats, mainly purple. Want to level up characters' abilities, but I lack the purple gear to do it. Too bad there wasn't a mat exchange store. I have like 1500 green mats. Would like to convert/exchange some for purple mats. Well, I do need credits also, but right now I'm more about the ability mats.
  • Options
    Pay to get 2.5 again crazy!