Wasted 100 energy on one purple

Prev1
Title says it all. Drop rate sucks. It was a 8 energy node

Replies

• Options
    It happens. I used 2 crystal refreshes for 5 purple cuffs and I need 50. It's the way it is with high level purple gear.
  • Options
    And now 100 cantina energy on 2 JC shards
  • Options
    It happens. I used 2 crystal refreshes for 5 purple cuffs and I need 50. It's the way it is with high level purple gear.

Its for gear 7 on a lv6 mission
  • Options
    That's a normal day for me... At best I gain 5 pieces of a whole refresh (120 energy)
  • Options
    Technically, all the energy you used was for a good cause, so it wouldn't be WASTING, right?
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    I hear crying on the forums gives you a buff to get better drops next time. I've used 120 energy on 8 energy missions and got nothing. I've used 120 energy on 8 energy missions and got 8 purples. **** happens. Get over it
  • Options
    Lol, wait until we get to orange gear. I can't imagine how many of them we'll need. I could see needing 100 pieces for one gear, lol. That's going to be fun!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Gear is the #1 place where patience is important. Most purple pieces can be obtained from challenges, shipments or as secondary drops on daily shard farming. It's only when you are in a hurry that it gets expensive quickly.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Gear is the #1 place where patience is important. Most purple pieces can be obtained from challenges, shipments or as secondary drops on daily shard farming. It's only when you are in a hurry that it gets expensive quickly.

Patience have not I have!
  • Options
    Just how it rolls I guess...it happened to me as well last night. I paid refresh twice got no drops for what I needed.

So yeah... It was not an enjoyable moment, I felt your pain.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Purple gear separates the Jedi from the padawans. ;) My GS needs 50 purple stun cuff thingies. I get 1 or 2 per day off one of Poe's hard missions, and use a small amount of leftover energy on them. I have 18 now so I should have that filled in by the end of the month I suppose. ;)
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    I hear crying on the forums gives you a buff to get better drops next time. I've used 120 energy on 8 energy missions and got nothing. I've used 120 energy on 8 energy missions and got 8 purples. **** happens. Get over it
    Don't be such an A hole... We all feel this... And sometimes it helps some people to vent to others who gone through the same thing.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Hopefully the extra energy will help alleviate the pain...depending on how much energy you can claim
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    As powerful as Rey is its probably a good thing that she has ridiculous gear requirements but wow, Wow, it's sick. She needs 50 of the blowdryers just to get to VIII, then she needs like three other slots that have the 50 piece requirement. Not complaining but wow. Did I say wow?
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    As powerful as Rey is its probably a good thing that she has ridiculous gear requirements but wow, Wow, it's sick. She needs 50 of the blowdryers just to get to VIII, then she needs like three other slots that have the 50 piece requirement. Not complaining but wow. Did I say wow?

Oh dang I'm one gear from getting her to VII....VIII sounds like a very very long ride.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »

Oh dang I'm one gear from getting her to VII....VIII sounds like a very very long ride.

Good luck buddy. Let me show you some screenshots. It's brutal lol
  • Options
    I feel your pain!!! Purple blow dryers bite hard!! I recommend not going hardcore solo on the dryers. Work on another toon with half the energy and understand the psychology of putting all your eggs in one basket with the RNG will drive you to the end of madness!!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    What would be nice is an exchange where you can say, trade 3 of one purple salvage for 1 of another. This is common in other games and not hard to do.
  • HansOlo
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    To add insult to injury today (my a team is lv 64)

mlgym1.jpg

Today is not my day
  • Options
    Gearing up sucks but it's the game , and it is nice to vent a little in the forum because you people are the only ones who understand it . Example - Hey kids I just wasted a full block of energy and 3 refreshes and I didn't get SQUAT! Isn't that GREAT!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

50 blow driers and 20 salt shakers.
  • Options
    Beat it ;-)
  • Options
    I am facing the exact same problem. I am trying to farm JC and also gears for him. It is like taking forever to farm his gears. Also the Cantina battles so off. I used 120 energy to get only 2 JC shards.
    It really sucks at time.
  • Options
    It's sad that ea makes us waste our time, both real and game energy and $$$$ to get little to nothing in return!!!! When you need 0/50 shares for a hero and you get to 9/50, 14/50, 29/50....etc collecting Shards S L O W S D OW N drastically!!!!!!
  • Options
    The way I see it, you're also receiving XP to level up. It **** a lot worse to come up empty when we were capped at level 70. That energy was truly a waste.
  • HelloHey
    186 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's a game. You waste your time or money.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    100 more xp and 10k more creds isnt a total waste...
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The energy wasn't wasted if you got what you wanted. It just cost 100 energy at that time.
    Think of it like the stock market. You never know what the price is going to be from one minute to the next. You placed a market order for 1 purple gear item. When the order finally executed you ended up paying 100 for it. If you had placed a limit order instead, i.e quit after a predetermined amount of energy, you would not feel so cheated.
    Its Vegas baby. You takes your chances.
  • Options
    About 70 energy + 1 full refresh to get only 1 purple gear of those round stuff that rg needs a lot...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yeah, it could be worse. Have gone 0 for 120+.
    I look at as just dump the energy and get it over with. You get xp and credits and training droids, anyway.