Galactic War Report – Episode 55: EA_Jesse and TopHat talk meta and design

Prev1

Replies

• Options
    It was a ton of fun to record this! Big thanks to both TopHat and Jesse for coming on the show.
  • Options
    @CG_TopHat , @EA_Jesse
    the reason why everyone is busy buying zetas is because
    1. the drop rate for zetas is horrendous for lots(not for me though)
    2. there is no incentive to buy ship shards as someone placed in top 50 and someone placed 1st has only a difference of 1 zeta mat every 4 days that means 1 extra zeta character every 80 days(thats not a huge difference)
    3. there is not enough ships to chose from so everyone ends up having the same set of ships(also true for squad arena but is more predominant here)
    4. some iconic ships missing(anakin, ig88, cad bane, han solo, hk47, grevious, dooku, gen kenobi, lando)
    5. unavailability of ship credits(i dont face this much cause im first in my arena, but i can see it affecting others)
    6. not much to do with ships other than arena(but i saw the glitches of ship energy in the latest update and ship campaign)
    7. no crystals as rewards so there is not much need to be competitive see point 2
  • Options
    I don't think they're confused as to what's happening with Ships. I believe there is still not a clear path of how to fix it. They said they're working on it.
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with ships. Here's the thing. The ship "table" was never about ships. Ever. It exists for one reason; to get zetas. Once you get a squad up and can auto the last level of the ability mats and farm zetas, you have no real reason to continue to improve ships or buy them. Zetas are the only impact ships have on the main part of the game, so it's all anyone cares about. Not providing crystals as part of the payout doesn't help give incentive to play either. I'll be honest; I play ships once or maybe twice a day to do my dailies and keep my rank. Other than that, I don't care about ships even a little bit...because I don't have to.
  • Options
    i just play ships once in the morning to get back to first rank/ complete daily activity and once before payout to make sure no one snipes 1st place
    most of my squad is already at 7* and lvl 85
    i myself only play to get zetas nowadays
    they should make ships indispensable by making us use ships to battle for getting gear at higher drop rates
    that will definitely make people interested
  • Options
    crystals is a good way to jack up ships because it solves gear crunch in a way
    imagine someone who places 1st in both arenas and get a reward of 500 crystals from each
    he could get 1 stun cuff/ gun every day
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they never make ships mandatory to play, besides for getting zetas.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    New event coming starting May 25th. Limited info starts about 28:30 to 32:00 in of that interview. Based on what Jesse and TopHat were saying, it appears to me it'll be a gear style event, and may or may not be reoccurring.
    Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    New likely reoccurring event coming starting May 25th. Limited info starts about 31min in of that interview. Based on what Jesse and TopHat were saying, it appears to me it'll be a gear style event.

I really hope this is a Credit Heist Style Gear event.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Options
    hopefully it's all about ships.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Problem with ships is it's only p2w ships at the top of arena. What is there like maybe a few f2p people that can do that because they took time away from arena to buy ship packs? I have zero chance to break into top 50, combo of being f2p and I was placed in a shard full of whales so even if I want to try and compete I will never ever be able to. And I want to compete.

Farming is ridiculous with the rarity of useful ships showing up to get and when they do we get 4 instead of 5 shards. So we have a system where the people in the top auto a couple battles a day to stay there and the majority of players have zero chance to ever make any progress so we also just auto one battle a day.

Should add everytime I try to play manually I get frustrated by the ships abilities. I can only attack an immortal fives ship with retribution or watch their ships dodge all my attacks, or my abilities not proccing so many times before I say "forget this, I want to play a fun game". Then add in weeks of going 0/8 on zetas and my hate for ships has grown unbelievably high. I am really worried that they are looking for more ways to force people to do them since they don't realize that first and foremost in game design is the fun factor.

With better zeta drops people could actually farm the ships, gear, and pilots in fleet shipments which in turn would make ship battles more competitive. Quite frankly I get **** going 0/8 on zetas every week. It has gotten old real fast and everytime that challenge comes around I get in a bad mood wbich just makes me hate ships even more. I don't use the word "hate" lightly either. I do it because I see a lot of potential wasted here because of bad decisions that can be fixed if devs stop worrying about forcing us to play them and actually make them fun and rewarding for majority of players and not just the few that auto one battle a day to stay in first. I
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Ship raid will make everything go nuclear xD.
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Options
    But, but, I like first place. It's got that new car smell to it.
  • Options
    Im completely f2p and my arena has a good no of whales but i still take 1st place daily
    But then again i only bought zetas from mid march
    Since November i only bought ships till mid march so i can stay at the top
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Im completely f2p and my arena has a good no of whales but i still take 1st place daily
    But then again i only bought zetas from mid march
    Since November i only bought ships till mid march so i can stay at the top

Yea I'm first daily, the people around me are all lvl 85 already, just hit lvl 83 last week, the only thing I focus on is ships, everything kinda just falls into place behind that. They're clearly more important than arena, THEY GIVE YOU ZETA MATS.
  • maythefourth420
    85 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The zetas are hit or miss. I think they need to have 3 challenge attempts a day. I actually think would help if it's the same drop rate as everything else, roughly 1/3, which would mean more likely than not you would get one zeta everytime the challenge comes around.

On the other hand zetas should be kind of hard to obtain, the good ones are game changers, and it should take some strategy on who you give them to. I kind of feel like you really only need one or two zetas for just about any viable arena team. I'd say there's only 5-10 toons actually worth putting zetas on anyway, so once you have a couple it shouldn't be a huge deal how long they take to acquire.

I think the main thing they need to do with ships is have fleet energy, and a LS/DS holotable with normal and hard nodes, so you can farm gear and shards/blueprints, and earn ship currencies. I'd also like to see mod challenges for a couple new sets using ship factions to do it, these mods would still be for characters and not ships. Last but not least, a ship raid should be introduced.
  • Options
    Just delete ship battles, they're really, really bad.
  • Options
    i think that zeta battles do have a 33% chance of drop but the have high variance(think sth baisc attack damage)
    during the update there was flickering when entering ls/ds battles that showed a new energy called ship energy
    with a 5 min renew time it also said ship campaign
    it was discussed here on reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/68qr9w/new_type_of_energy_with_update/
  • Options
    Some ideas- more ships.
    Include Millenium Falcon with rancor rewards.
    Same with vader's tie. Include in achievements.
    Some say it may be unfair- but I can't see how new players would actually advance with out spending money.
    Change chewie to just chewie. Rework him.
    More ds ships. Once devs add vader's tie into ship shipments have slave 1 and mauls ship appear more regularly.
    Best idea said before - add gems to ship arena rewards.
    2nd best idea said before - increase challenges to 3.
    More events like places of power that give you ship shards.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with ships. Here's the thing. The ship "table" was never about ships. Ever. It exists for one reason; to get zetas. Once you get a squad up and can auto the last level of the ability mats and farm zetas, you have no real reason to continue to improve ships or buy them. Zetas are the only impact ships have on the main part of the game, so it's all anyone cares about. Not providing crystals as part of the payout doesn't help give incentive to play either. I'll be honest; I play ships once or maybe twice a day to do my dailies and keep my rank. Other than that, I don't care about ships even a little bit...because I don't have to.

Agreed! Same here.
  • ViperPete
    333 posts Member
    Options
    I love ships!
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    I hope they never make ships mandatory to play, besides for getting zetas.

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    i agree with darksaber. ships are only the arena right now
    id like a table that we cna farm scimtar slave one rex arc and tie advanced, and more gear.
  • Roguesaber
    104 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy ships a lot, my shard is very competitive and it's not even possible for anyone to hold 1 for any length of time because when it's payout time people attack.
    The idea that you can't get ship blueprints is not true they are in GW and if you've been in the game for any length of time you should be able to get at least 1 set a day from there. Ship store is not bad at all and it's the only reason I have 6 toons w/ zetas, challenges need to have another battle like the regular ones do, 3 total per day.
    Lastly, if you think this is the only thing ships will be you're not thinking long term or listening to what has been said. They are here to stay and you had better be ready for a direct need to have them or you'll miss out until you catch up.

Just my opinion.
  • Options
    The biggest problems with ships are:

Not a lot to do with them and you have to wait for shards for the ships to be available in the store for the ships you have decent pilots for.

Ships can be fixed by given us more to do and making the few ships currently available easier to get shards for. Also introducing more ships will help a lot.

Other than that I do like ships the battles are a nice change from the normal stuff and can't wait for a raid or something to be introduced using them.
  • Options
    they should just introduce an entire wave of some 15-20 ships all at once and design it such that no one can get all but everyone will get some different ships
    so at least the arena will become more diverse
  • Options
    ViperPete wrote: »
    I love ships!

I absolutely hated ships when they were first released. I dreaded playing it. I was very late to the ship game, but decided it was a necessary evil (Zetas), so I went hog wild and whaled out on ships like I have on toons. Now I stay 1st daily (for months). I can honestly say I enjoy ships now that the vast majority of mine are maxed.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    The fact that Rey and Finn pilot the millennium falcon in the first edition of the falcon in this game is a sin against star wars
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    Options
    The fact that Rey and Finn pilot the millennium falcon in the first edition of the falcon in this game is a sin against star wars

Ah. I do not know you, but you have already won me over.

As far as ships go, after i tweaked around my ships enough to understand how to win constantly it was really fun, I generally take top spot, but that has led to the top 15 looking pretty much the same as me, and now it's just a matter of who times their snipe the best. Which is okay, but more variety would definately be better.

If they actually added missions like we have for characters things would be much better. There is a lot of down time on this game when you sim everything like most everyone does, at least for awhile it would give people something else to do besides hit sim and cross your fingers. Much more could be added to make ships separate from what we have now, yet still make it relevant to get an edge, but not absolutely necessary if people don't want to play it. Those who want to stay competitive in their shards will devote time to ships to get the edge on those who do not. And maybe there will turn out to be people who play for the ships and the character development is secondary, who knows?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    i just play ships once in the morning to get back to first rank/ complete daily activity and once before payout to make sure no one snipes 1st place
    most of my squad is already at 7* and lvl 85
    i myself only play to get zetas nowadays
    they should make ships indispensable by making us use ships to battle for getting gear at higher drop rates
    that will definitely make people interested
    Interested in quitting.