It's a simple leader ability really, "Attacks do not trigger enemy effects or abilities"

Prev1
So Rex leads, Zaul, Chaze, etc are ruining Arena? Crits are suddenly a bad thing and Zavage can't be defeated unless you have a specific character. Hey, it's a shame you attacked Zooku, that's a nice team you had there.

Just give Tarkin, Grevious, etc the leader ability that 'stealths' attacks. Attacks don't trigger opponents TM gains, counters, or special abilities/uniques. Or maybe just just basics, or maybe just no tm/counters. Grev's basic is pretty close. Let's make arena playable again!
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »
    Just give Tarkin, Grevious, etc the leader ability that 'stealths' attacks. Attacks don't trigger opponents TM gains, counters, or special abilities/uniques.
    CG please add this great idea to Darth Maul's leader ability. He desperate needs buffed so he can be great again.
  • Options
    Just give Tarkin, Grevious, etc the leader ability that 'stealths' attacks. Attacks don't trigger opponents TM gains, counters, or special abilities/uniques.
    CG please add this great idea to Darth Maul's leader ability. He desperate needs buffed so he can be great again.

+1
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That seems like it would fit Grievous pretty well
  • Options
    Oooh, Subtle tag :P
    (Another game had that called Subtle)
  • Options
    Lol. Someone is having a bad day on arena.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options

+1

+1
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    So you're suggesting fixing a "ruined arena" by giving the most useful leadership ability ever? Now instead of a 70/30 split you'd have 100% of arena teams running that lead.
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options

+1

Agree Maul could use this
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Leader ability: Opponents leader ability does not have any effects. Reduces the health, offense, and speed of all allies by 5%.

There.

It makes your whole team a touch weaker, but wrecks enemy teams that rely completely on a specific leader ability.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Xetal wrote: »
    Leader ability: Opponents leader ability does not have any effects. Reduces the health, offense, and speed of all allies by 5%.

There.

It makes your whole team a touch weaker, but wrecks enemy teams that rely completely on a specific leader ability.

Somehow i found that skill the perfect match for Jar Jar lol
  • Options
    Morpheus wrote: »

+1

Feel like, for consistency, we should probably make attacks also grant the attacker whatever the bonus would have been. Give me TM on crit when I fight Rex teams please
  • El_Guapo
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    There are debuffs that can be applied to negate quite a bit. As far as tm gain goes, a small, but significant change in the way it works would shake things up. I've never understood exactly why characters that gain turn meter to 100% automatically jump in front of and go before characters that already have 100% tm. Change it to where they go after and tm gain characters get a slight nerf, but not huge
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

+1

Feel like, for consistency, we should probably make attacks also grant the attacker whatever the bonus would have been. Give me TM on crit when I fight Rex teams please

True, you wouldn't want it to be inconsistent. And attacking Chirrut should grant Maul all of Chirrut's counter chance and remove it from Chirrut.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

+1

True, you wouldn't want it to be inconsistent. And attacking Chirrut should grant Maul all of Chirrut's counter chance and remove it from Chirrut.

Nah fam that's an Alpha upgrade. They're transparent ability mats that come after Zetas. You can only get them by "prestige" training your account. It starts your whole roster back at the start point but on the same shard and you gotta solo the hAAT to get em.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

+1

Nah fam that's an Alpha upgrade. They're transparent ability mats that come after Zetas. You can only get them by "prestige" training your account. It starts your whole roster back at the start point but on the same shard and you gotta solo the hAAT to get em.

Ohhh, sorry I'm still new to the Alpha Upgrades. How many times must I prestige train my account to get enough transparent ability mats to unlock each alpha ability again? I keep forgetting.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    I think the idea you proposed would do well as a zeta for grevious's "daunting presence" leader ability
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    That should be tacked onto zaul lead. Also, they should add death Mark to mauls aoe. Daze is just too weak.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Xetal wrote: »

There.

Somehow i found that skill the perfect match for Jar Jar lol

He's the fan favourite for June.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    So Rex leads, Zaul, Chaze, etc are ruining Arena? Crits are suddenly a bad thing and Zavage can't be defeated unless you have a specific character. Hey, it's a shame you attacked Zooku, that's a nice team you had there.

Just give Tarkin, Grevious, etc the leader ability that 'stealths' attacks. Attacks don't trigger opponents TM gains, counters, or special abilities/uniques. Or maybe just just basics, or maybe just no tm/counters. Grev's basic is pretty close. Let's make arena playable again!

This is a pretty great idea.
  • Options
    Gosh, now it's buff zaul.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    That should be tacked onto zaul lead. Also, they should add death Mark to mauls aoe. Daze is just too weak.

They should put the Death Mark into the leader ability actually. It would help buff it back to being viable with all of the other things. Everytime a Sith loses stealth their next attack will inflict death mark.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that counter-effects have gotten way out of hand. Some form of leader ability preventing this would be awesome, though devs would have to be careful as with the state of things right now it would be very overpowered.
  • lamatoe
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I agree that counter-effects have gotten way out of hand. Some form of leader ability preventing this would be awesome, though devs would have to be careful as with the state of things right now it would be very overpowered.

I suppose they could always play test it.

Lolz just kidding!!!!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    This a clear illustration of what not to do if CG wants to respect our investment.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    That seems like it would fit Grievous pretty well

Grievous needs something, but not a lets make all the great characters pretty much useless something.
  • Options

+1

Ohhh, sorry I'm still new to the Alpha Upgrades. How many times must I prestige train my account to get enough transparent ability mats to unlock each alpha ability again? I keep forgetting.

Gosh I don't remember either...... anybody have info on Alpha Upgrades and Prestige Training for us? Can't seem to find it on Google.
  • Wildcats1203
    781 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    This a clear illustration of what not to do if CG wants to respect our investment.

"Respecting player investment" is an excuse for EA not to nerf toons. It's not actually something they care about. If they actually wanted to respect investment, they wouldn't have introduced Chaze, who pretty much made all previous investments irrelevant. When they introduced R2, it made everyone's Zaul investment irrelevent. If CG worried about respecting investments, the meta would never change.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

"Respecting player investment" is an excuse for EA not to nerf toons. It's not actually something they care about. If they actually wanted to respect investment, they wouldn't have introduced Chaze, who pretty much made all previous investments irrelevant. When they introduced R2, it made everyone's Zaul investment irrelevent. If CG worried about respecting investments, the meta would never change.

My zMaul hybrid team has been taking top five every day still. And even if they didn't, they kick GW's behind with pretty much no support. R2 feels very respectful of my investment because 1) I'm not enough of a fool to invest in niche characters that will never benefit me again and 2) now I can farm speed mods without having to build a fifth Resistance character.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a leader ability that makes it so your toons attacks don't trigger any effects.

It wouldn't negate all powerful leads, just the most broken ones. It would break Zaul. Rex, Ima-Gun-Di, Gar Saxon, Chewbacca, Luminara, Ahsoka,etc. (ok those last few wouldn't get used anyway... at least until I can farm up Gar and show everyone how it's done).

It wouldn't affect Phasma, Finn, HK, Wedge, Nihilus, Zader, ZQGJ, Lando, Palpatine, Jyn Erso, GK, Krennic, etc.

Now it is kind of a weak leader ability in that all it does is negate reactionary effects and doesn't boost anybody. It could beat down the current top leads, but would lose to all the older top leads.

All in all I think it is a good idea.

• JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Heck, it doesn't even need to be a permanent leader ability either. Make it Ig88's zeta unique so like Barris it disappears after he dies. Or make it unique to Grevious/Magnaguard combo synergy. It's just the whole 'don't crit, buff, or attack' theme of teams have gotten waaaaay out of hand. Leader abilities should work within the abilities and synergy of YOUR team, not be dependant on the synergy/attacks of the opponent
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."