Sith Trooper.... Gear Hog.... Worth it?

KueChael
930 posts Moderator
I've read he can get 90k of health under Nihilus. That is a beast to bring down. But, is he worth 150 stun cuffs and 100 stun guns?

Is he the catalyst to the new meta with Dooku under Nihilus. While he takes damage, counters and gets back 75% . Dooku does the same.

Replies

• Kane13
    256 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes he is

Maybe not meta but he's a REALLY good tank for sith.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on the team you need him for. zDM, Palp, DN, and zVader leads all benefit greatly from having Sith Trooper. Decent AI on him too for defense.
  • Options
    He's probably one of the hardest tanks in the game to actually kill. The sheer amount of defence her can get is utterly insane. If you have a Sith team and want a tank, he's a **** good choice. He's not got as much utility as Baze (who has?), but he's a whole lot harder to kill.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Good I'm only 11 guns away from gear 11. And 55 shards from 7*.
  • Options
    definitely worth it, he is an absolute monster when geared & modded
  • Options
    I am gearing mine up right now, but no one in the top 20 of my shard runs him so I'm hesitant
  • Options
    Baze,SiT and GK hands down best tanks in the game.
  • Options
    i rank him as the third best tank in game. If you plan on running a sith squad, he's pretty much a must.
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    i rank him as the third best tank in game. If you plan on running a sith squad, he's pretty much a must.

Who is your 1-2?
  • Options
    sith trooper is a very good toon.

im making a variant sith team w/ vader (zeta), palpatine, royal guard, sith trooper & kylo (my next zeta). ill be alternating between vader & palpatine as leads depending on the opposing squads setup. ive seen it work in my arena shard & the squad even held a spot in the top 50s.

but, nonetheless, nihilus as lead also works very well too w/ dooku (zeta as well). its just hard for a free player like me to build the well sought after sith lord, gearing & ranking up other toons at the same. decided to just go slow (very) farming it & focus on sith trooper this season.

congratulations on having it at gear10 & 6*. keep building the sith trooper up. youll love using him.

:wink:
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Who is your 1-2?

Baze and Kenobi I'm guessing. They fit in more teams.
  • Options
    Depending on your team there are 4 must have tanks; GK, Baze, Shore, and Sith Trooper. Not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    So how to mod him? All prot including arrow?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Sith Trooper is great in any Sith team. I've modded him with all Protection Primary Arrow, Triangle, Cross, Circle. Prioritization of Mod options Protection, Protection%, Defense (Flat values).

That aside, I doubt Nihilus is going to be a great lead in Squad Arena. A lot of health based damage is prevalent right now such as R2-D2's Burning and Baze's Unload. Converting Sith Trooper's 60K protection into health is just going to make him take 4x the damage from these effects.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Sith Trooper is great in any Sith team. I've modded him with all Protection Primary Arrow, Triangle, Cross, Circle. Prioritization of Mod options Protection, Protection%, Defense (Flat values).

That aside, I doubt Nihilus is going to be a great lead in Squad Arena. A lot of health based damage is prevalent right now such as R2-D2's Burning and Baze's Unload. Converting Sith Trooper's 60K protection into health is just going to make him take 4x the damage from these effects.

DN will allow SiT to have 150% Health steal. SiT can easily recover a lot of health only using his special.
  • Options
    Depends on the team. Fast trooper & SA equals virtual auto taunt. Either way, I'd go with health mods & all 4 protection primaries, 3 if speed arrow.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Who is your 1-2?

GK, Baze
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    He is SUPER annoying in sith team lol.. outside sith team, he's garbage. :D
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1708 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't have him, but I've gaced him plenty of times and he's an excellent Sith tank and his kit is great when paired in a zaul squad.

My shard mate has both him and SA with a zaul lead, plus zavage and DN and it's a tough team, sans Chaze.
  • Options
    Currently I'm running zMaul, zSavage, zDN, sith assassin and EP and I have a gear 11 sith trooper. Tried to use sith trooper instead of EP a few times, but it didn't work out properly. Maybe it's because sith trooper is the only 4* squad member, the rest is 7*.

How do you mod your sith trooper? I went for protection (52k) and Tenacity (81%)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Currently I'm running zMaul, zSavage, zDN, sith assassin and EP and I have a gear 11 sith trooper. Tried to use sith trooper instead of EP a few times, but it didn't work out properly. Maybe it's because sith trooper is the only 4* squad member, the rest is 7*.

How do you mod your sith trooper? I went for protection (52k) and Tenacity (81%)

If you're running Zavage that can cleanse, why would you need Tenacity? Dump it and shore up your protection.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

If you're running Zavage that can cleanse, why would you need Tenacity? Dump it and shore up your protection.

Good, I will then! :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options

Tenacity is by large a useless stat. I use a crit avoidance arrow but it has 2k prot + defense secondaries, then max protection.

It also depends on who you fight most, zaul teams ironically have the least issues w him due to EP/DN or SA/zavage. 3 Rex teams follow my payout and they only won about 50% because they usually have to burn through SiT and is really tough if he starts getting dodgy (before R2).
  • Options
    I don't have GK or Baze - but I have STrooper and Shore - STrooper is an awesome tank, not too much longer till I get him 7*.
  • Options
    Depends on your shard and what you run. He's pretty terrible vs. DN / EP cause he's shocked / dispelled much of the match. He's good in a DN led team - if you want to run that he's critical - though GK can fill as well if not better. I do like him as a tank option in some matchups behind zDV instead of Shore since he has an AOE that can remove TM - and the counter will also remove TM. He's not nearly as plug and play as Baze or GK though - he's more of a niche taunter.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    With a Nihilus, Zidious, Vader or Palp. Should activate his auto taunt right away. I'm running Zader, Zid, EP, TFP, ST. I'm thinking about dropping TFP, but need his speed. Because I farmed ST, I can't get SA.
    I can zeta a toon 2 more times and might want to go ZDN in arena. That team would look like ZDN, Dooku, Zid, EP, ST. I think the Dooku ZDN is the next meta when protection is ST. Add in Zid and EP you have Offense up, shock, Health Down, Heal immunity, expose, defense down, stun, taunt and counter.
    My lightside toons stink and they will be my next overhaul. I've spent 7 months on sith. Started back in November. .
  • Solly
    8 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    With a Nihilus, Zidious, Vader or Palp. Should activate his auto taunt right away. I'm running Zader, Zid, EP, TFP, ST. I'm thinking about dropping TFP, but need his speed. Because I farmed ST, I can't get SA.
    I can zeta a toon 2 more times and might want to go ZDN in arena. That team would look like ZDN, Dooku, Zid, EP, ST. I think the Dooku ZDN is the next meta when protection is ST. Add in Zid and EP you have Offense up, shock, Health Down, Heal immunity, expose, defense down, stun, taunt and counter.
    My lightside toons stink and they will be my next overhaul. I've spent 7 months on sith. Started back in November. .

That squad will be rough with no cleanse and only one "on basic attack" dispel.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »

You'll need a Zavage in that team, for his cleanse, other than that, that's what I'm working for. Currently running DN(lead), Zavage, DS, EP and SiT. Will try to replace EP with either DT or Dooku (which is far from ready), SA is also another option but she has a lot of time to farm and upgrade.