Great work on Flash Event

Prev13
Acrofales
1363 posts Member
edited May 2017
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the Farmer Luke event. Great balance between requiring a broad roster (Luke, Jawas) and creating an enjoyable and somewhat challenging battle for everybody!

I don't have a 6* Luke, so no zeta tier for me, but I really enjoyed getting kicked around the first time in tier 3, and having to actually think a bit about how to do the battle. Was a lot of fun, and great rewards for a quick fight.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Dragoshan
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No matter what I tried, I could not complete even tier 1. All based on luck.
  • Daddy_Geoff_87
    157 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dragoshan wrote: »

Did you use any strategy? I finished it second try.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Kill/stun raiders. Don't taunt with nebit before round 3. Save aoe for when brute taunts and you can't hit raiders directly. Leave shaman for last. But basically, just kill the raiders asap. At least in tier 3. Maybe the other tiers are tuned differently.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

Kill/stun raiders. Don't taunt with nebit before round 3. Save aoe for when brute taunts and you can't hit raiders directly. Leave shaman for last. But basically, just kill the raiders asap. At least in tier 3. Maybe the other tiers are tuned differently.

In Tier 1 you only have Luke, you don't have Jawas.
  • Dragoshan
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No matter what the **** I tried, I could not complete even tier 1. All based on luck. Whoever tested this event before releasing it is ****.
    I'm sorry to bust your little bubble, but the only one who is **** is you if everyone else can complete the tier and you can't.
    No matter what the **** I tried, I could not complete even tier 1. All based on luck. Whoever tested this event before releasing it is ****.

In Tier 1 you only have Luke, you don't have Jawas.

Thanks. I am level 79, I had a level 85 Luke against level 84 raiders. By the end of battle 2 I was almost dead, no matter what. My buddy tried on my phone as well a couple of times and it's impossible.
    I know the event is tuned to player level, I'd be interested to hear others people of level 79 opinion. Maybe at 79 us a threshold that wasn't tested properly.

• DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Awesome event. Was enjoyable and was a nice change of pace. Remember no matter what you do you can not make everyone happy all the time.
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How would ur player level effect character in this event? You got a lvl 85 event toon to use exactly like everyone else right? Keyboard warriors get tough when they cant beat a childs game. Proof is in the pudding, oh the keyboard warrior has been hit 10 times and now hes enraged!!!
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Awesome event. Was enjoyable and was a nice change of pace. Remember no matter what you do you can not make everyone happy all the time.

use special on raiders then brutes, and leave til last.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Listen, you get maxed out(almost) Luke, given to you from the game. The only thing you need to do in Tier 1 is figure out the strategy. Look at who deals the most damage, look at who calls for assists. Think, would it be better to take out the healer with one shot, or the one who can call the healer for assist? Once you've gotten rid of the Snipers, proceed to the targets that can only strike you once. In the last tier, use your special to stun the boss and take out the rest.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the Farmer Luke event. Great balance between requiring a broad roster (Luke, Jawas) and creating an enjoyable and somewhat challenging battle for everybody!

I don't have a 6* Luke, so no zeta tier for me, but I really enjoyed getting kicked around in tier 3, and having to actually think a bit about how to do the battle. Was a lot of fun, and great rewards for a quick fight.

+1

Enjoyable event that encourages players to level/gear Luke in line with the teased Hero's Journey.
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Listen, you get maxed out(almost) Luke, given to you from the game. The only thing you need to do in Tier 1 is figure out the strategy. Look at who deals the most damage, look at who calls for assists. Think, would it be better to take out the healer with one shot, or the one who can call the healer for assist? Once you've gotten rid of the Snipers, proceed to the targets that can only strike you once. In the last tier, use your special to stun the boss and take out the rest.

true. Just because the auto button doesn't work doesn't mean that the battle is impossible.

Raiders call assists, so raiders need to go. Shaman should be second with his DoTs, but as brute will always go first and taunt, kill the brute. You SHOULD be at 50% or more health after brute is down.
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    Very good event, where it's more about strategy than power. Sure seems like wallet warriors get cranky up here...
    Good rewards for a few minutes of work. Enables ppl to play toons they wouldn't normally play otherwise. More events like this.
  • Dragoshan
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Well, thank you! Seems you can be reasonable after all, I was pretty sure you'll spew more garbage in my direction, glad I was wrong.
    I didn't notice the raiders call for assist.
    Will try the next time it comes around.
  • Options
    Ghank hou devs for the free gifts and this new event!
    The only thing that could be improved is that we should have a longer window to complete the event... not everyone is able to logg in at any time in the day...
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm confused. Does the event give you a Luke to use or do you have to use your own? Trying to figure out if I need to gear my Luke up...
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Nice I enjoyed it too.
    And for those finding the event hard, you need to use strategy. My strategy was to kill the tusken raiders first, as they are the ones that attack the hardest and keep getting attack turns.
  • Options
    I'm confused. Does the event give you a Luke to use or do you have to use your own? Trying to figure out if I need to gear my Luke up...

This answer PLEASE.
  • Tantema_Garnik
    302 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

No need to gear it, exept for bonus, but then you need a 6* anyway.

The event is well made, and all kind of lvl can enjoy it.
    The bonus is very usefull, too!
    Cant find anything to improof -> well done! (Also, keeping it as a secret got the suprise moment!) :-)
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

You use your own 6* Luke on Tier 4 which gives the Zeta.
    For the rest of the tiers you use Luke that is given to you.
  • Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    Options
    Great balance between requiring a broad roster (Luke, Jawas)
    Abosolutely no roster is required. Were is the balance in that?

• Options

Did you use any strategy? I finished it second try. Don't use the word **** it's offensive

We have a triggered special snowflake over here hahahahahaha

No it's just stu p id to call someone who busts his a** working "****" just because you can't get passed a certain stage of a game. Being triggered is one thing. Insulting someone because of YOUR mistakes is another.

Thanks for the back up. I'm no special snowflake lol. But I do know and work closely with people with mental disability and the hurt it causes them and their families when someone calls them **** is really bad. It's not an issue of being politically correct. You just want to be able to be a bigot and don't want to be called up on it. Those days are over mate
  • Options

Thank you for the clear answer!

Do you have any recommendations for the necessary gear level of said Luke and/or Jawas to complete the bonus tier? I'm only a few shards away from 6* Luke but I won't even bother getting them if the bonus tier requires like a gear 10 Luke.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    I'm surprised people are having trouble with tier 1
  • Options
    Wow 25 comments in this thread and 50% of those comments edited for content in a 7 mintue time frame. I bet that's some kind of record.
  • Options
    took me abou8t 4 attempts but with some mod switching in my jawas i did tier 3 only losing nebit..no 6 star luke though so bonus tier and zeta was out of my reach..my jawas were all level 77 gear level 9 ...raiders got hit first i had a sanswich then finished the rest off
  • DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This was a great event. I will say it over and over actually had to make adjustment to different mods and move things around and actually think instead of just pressing auto
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Options
    on the bonus tier, need 6* luke. i put mods on him leveled him up to 73 and g9. finished the event but almost died in the end.
  • Options
    took me abou8t 4 attempts but with some mod switching in my jawas i did tier 3 only losing nebit..no 6 star luke though so bonus tier and zeta was out of my reach..my jawas were all level 77 gear level 9 ...raiders got hit first i had a sanswich then finished the rest off

Then you must be playing different game than most of us here.
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    Options
    The event was fine except there was no reason at all why you could only do one or two fights every few hours. That adds nothing to the event but pointless waiting times and makes it less convenient for everyone. Calling it a "flash event" was just a cynical attempt to make it sound different and new, which it wasn't.

It was sort of different but also sort of disappointing that you don't use your own characters in the event, except for the bonus tier.
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    Options
    It was funny though to see people posting that their Luke and Jawas weren't levelled enough to beat it, when everyone was given exactly the same characters for the event.