Will there be another R2 event?

Prev1
^^Title says it all.

I really wanted to earn R2-D2 but when his event was released, I was too low level and was only able to obtain 50 shards.

He has an interesting and powerful kit and seems like he would work well with my Rebels team I'm improving on right now, so I was wondering if there was a chance that the event will ever return? (And which heroes did we need for it -- Empire/Sith? I forgot.) Thanks!

Replies

• Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    If they follow the same timeline as the original EP event, you won't see R2 again until December
  • Options
    Brigger wrote: »
    If they follow the same timeline as the original EP event, you won't see R2 again until December

Oh. Well, that's probably better anyway; it gives me time to level and gear my characters. Which faction was required for the event again?
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Here we go again...
  • Acid
    10 posts Member
    Options
    What was the original EP event?
    Take and share this poll!
    strawpoll.me/14368449/
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Acid wrote: »

It's still the same event, but originally it was labelled as "Extremely Rare" just like R2. Now EP event pops up all the time
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    August
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Actually, if they go by EP's timeline, it should show up in early September.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    Acid wrote: »

It's still the same event, but originally it was labelled as "Extremely Rare" just like R2. Now EP event pops up all the time

I think EP was only labeled "very rare". R2 being labeled "extremely rare" makes me think it takes even longer to return, maybe even only once a year
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »

I think EP was only labeled "very rare". R2 being labeled "extremely rare" makes me think it takes even longer to return, maybe even only once a year

Nope! 'Extremely rare'.
  • Options
    R2 was a one time event. Only those with R2 can unlock Jedi Luke.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options

Lol that's mean.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Even though R2 event was labelled extremely rare I'm sure it was mentioned at the time it was a one time event. Will probably be at the very least 6 months before they think about doing another R2 event.
  • Options
    Really guys come on now R2 will be back around again it cannot be just a one-time event for such an iconic character that everyone wants use some common sense
  • Options
    Rsburnette wrote: »
    Really guys come on now R2 will be back around again it cannot be just a one-time event for such an iconic character that everyone wants use some common sense

Well said.

• Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking anniversary for R2 return. November
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. Towards the end of the year he will come out again. Then maybe a rotation with the other two events. Probably do them in pairs. EP/R2 and Yoda/whatever is released next.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    R2 Event was a Ultra Rare, so it will return but is not on a rotation (like yoda or EP now)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options

I agree it cannot be just a one time event and as such an iconic character the event wont be back anytime soon.

No use in talking/asking when it will return now as it was only released relatively recently.

• Options
    Revi wrote: »

I agree it cannot be just a one time event and as such an iconic character the event wont be back anytime soon.

No use in talking/asking when it will return now as it was only released relatively recently.

I asked it now to know if I should even attempt upgrading my Empire squad, because I don't use them much (only one I usually use is Darth Vader but that's with my Sith squad) and I really, really want to collect R2.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    R2 Event was a Ultra Rare, so it will return but is not on a rotation (like yoda or EP now)

Thanks for the update!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Yes

"I say patience - yes, R2 will be along and he'll release the ray shields."
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options

Well good thing I got him at 7* lol

(and yeah that's mean lol)
  • Options

[/quote]

I asked it now to know if I should even attempt upgrading my Empire squad, because I don't use them much (only one I usually use is Darth Vader but that's with my Sith squad) and I really, really want to collect R2.[/quote]

Youre going to need to get your Empire squad levelled then. I only got him to 5* this time, and am currently leveling up some Empire toons to 7* to be ready for when he does return....just get it outta your way, and forget about them until R2 returns :D
  • Options
    Azureboldt wrote: »

I asked it now to know if I should even attempt upgrading my Empire squad, because I don't use them much (only one I usually use is Darth Vader but that's with my Sith squad) and I really, really want to collect R2.[/quote]

Youre going to need to get your Empire squad levelled then. I only got him to 5* this time, and am currently leveling up some Empire toons to 7* to be ready for when he does return....just get it outta your way, and forget about them until R2 returns :D[/quote]

Which empire toons would you recommend? Currently, my Empire squad is (not that high levels or gear) Palpatine (5*), Darth Vader (5*), Tarkin (4*), Royal Guard (3*), TFP (4*). However, I also have Gar Saxon, Snowtrooper, Deathtrooper, Magmatrooper and Imperial Super Commando unlocked, though none of them are high leveled. And I'm one shard away from unlocking General Veers.

Which heroes would you recommend for my Empire squad?
  • Darksouls2020
    368 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It be June Yoda, July EP, August will be R2.

The developer told me this themselves in a dream
  • Options

Good thing I'm gearing R2 then!
  • Options
    Revi wrote: »

I asked it now to know if I should even attempt upgrading my Empire squad, because I don't use them much (only one I usually use is Darth Vader but that's with my Sith squad) and I really, really want to collect R2.

Might as well. I mean, I am; it's another squad for use in GW, and I'll need the time to gear them up anyway.
  • Options

Don't you know we're gonna need a full team of tuskins to unlock Luke
  • Options

Don't you know we're gonna need a full team of tuskins to unlock Luke

No. You need a full team of Ewok for Luke event. So they will release the 5th Ewok before Luke event, where you'll need full nightsister team to participate.