Timing of double drop was terrible

marauder
124 posts Member
-We had double drops until june 10.

-June 10/11(depending on time zone) announcement that the legendary event of Thrawn will start June 15th.

"Hey i have to double my efforts farming hera and ezra"

Opps! Sorry double drop just ended.

Replies

• Options
    You should have assumed that is was why there was double drops, it seemed obvious.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I thought it was well known last week that we would need them for Thrawn?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i believe they anounced that you needed phoenix for thrawn at the same time the double drops went live.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i believe they anounced that you needed phoenix for thrawn at the same time the double drops went live.

They did, but people who only know to cry are usually younger than 10 years and they can't yet read.
    On top of that you need 5 Phoenix toons for 3 zetas, full furnace, full cuff. I don't know why would you farm them to 5 stars and gear 7 for that purpose alone...
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Awful timing. Next time hopefully they don't give us any double drops....
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    Options

They did, but people who only know to cry are usually younger than 10 years and they can't yet read.
    On top of that you need 5 Phoenix toons for 3 zetas, full furnace, full cuff. I don't know why would you farm them to 5 stars and gear 7 for that purpose alone...

im farming them to 7 but the june 15 was really too soon. i think everyone would agree instead of 8-10 they should have made it 11-13. its like they are deliberately frustrating us

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I think the nature of the replies you've gotten here indicate that everyone would not agree with your statement. Everyone knew Thrawn was coming, and soon, when they made the announcement. If you failed to adequately take advantage of the double drops, then that's on you. This game has always had a tendency to reward people who think ahead and react quickly.
    For anyone who can't be bothered to react quickly, there's always the option of paying real $ for the privilege of being lazy.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Darth_Graz
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I think everyone would agree that double drops for Phoenix should be going on still and have continued until the end of the Thrawn event.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Darth_Graz wrote: »
    I think everyone would agree that double drops for Phoenix should be going on still and have continued until the end of the Thrawn event.

This - and it makes very little sense to continue Phoenix Flash Events after the Thrawn event is over.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Pushing back the Thrawn event by two weeks would have made more sense, yes.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    On top of that you need 5 Sabine and 4 Phoenix toons for 3 zetas, full furnace, full cuff. I don't know why would you farm them to 5 stars and gear 7 for that purpose alone...

Fixed this for you.
  • Options
    I guess I fail to see a problem. We were offered an opportunity to aquire extra phoenix shards. This is not an entitlement and we are not owed anything. I appreciated the extra even if phoenix wasn't used to unlock The Grand Admiral.
  • Options
    You could have just done the double drops for increased currency and credits lol
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    On top of that you need 5 Sabine and 4 Phoenix toons for 3 zetas, full furnace, full cuff. I don't know why would you farm them to 5 stars and gear 7 for that purpose alone...

Fixed this for you.

you actually didn't fix it. You currently need Sabine, Kanan, Ezra, Hera and Zeb.
    Sabine and 4 others implies that you could use chopper, wich you can't.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    IMO, they should have announced the double drops a bit earlier as unlike other events, it requires energy.
    That was the only thing that really bugged me, the little-to-no notice that the drops were happening, which meant very little time save up much energy or crystals. I personally got shafted by it because I just bought a 1400cr gear just before the announcement and was left with a couple hundred crystals for refreshes the next day. But that's really more of an unfortunate coincidence than bad timing on their part.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options

Fixed this for you.

Fixed this for you.

you actually didn't fix it. You currently need Sabine, Kanan, Ezra, Hera and Zeb.

This. I was hoping you would've fixed my typo :/

Anyways that's a bug, and hopefully it will be fixed before June the 30th.
  • Options

Fixed this for you.

Fixed this for you.

This. I was hoping you would've fixed my typo :/

Anyways that's a bug, and hopefully it will be fixed before June the 30th.
    m. maybe​my
  • Options
    Working as intended Buy packs to level up
  • Options
    marauder wrote: »

im farming them to 7 but the june 15 was really too soon. i think everyone would agree instead of 8-10 they should have made it 11-13. its like they are deliberately frustrating us

Whys that? So that you can come here on the 14th and complain that double drops didnt last long enough for you to get thrawn?
  • Options
    Darth_Graz wrote: »

And why would devs do that? They want $... How do they make a quick buck? Pressure us into buying stuff while still giving some stuff away for free so that noone can complain... Didnt work, obviously
  • Options
    Its a business!
  • SolidStripes
    580 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This is actually the first legendary event I'm not scrambling to get 5* toons in time. Sure they just became farmable and I probably won't get 6* thrawn or definately not 7*, but its a worry free 5* unlock. Will get him 7* next time as always. Even R2 I was scrambling to gear ability and mod up my empire toons who were sitting on the bench at 7*. Still only got a 6* R2. Next time....
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Whys that? So that you can come here on the 14th and complain that double drops didnt last long enough for you to get thrawn?[/quote]

I was only refreshing cantina x3 100... had the 15th announcement gone before i would have started doing the additional x2 200 during the double drop