Rex Meta Lead

Mischen1
158 posts Member
Why is Rex the lead for the Meta? I mean, I get the idea of his cleanse and tenacity up. My question is, why is Rex LEADER for the Meta? You could have literally anyone else as leader (DN, GK, EP, Vader) and Rex would still be able to cleanse and apply tenacity up. Why do the **** use him as a LEADER? His leader ability is crap.

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    TM gain. Makes your whole team faster. Especially for AOE's that do nothing, like EP, Maul, Vader, the toons that were meta and throwing out detrimental effects. Thats TM for everyone at once.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    To punish teams that rely on speed and crits like zaul or rebels
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    Options
    lol
  • Mischen1
    158 posts Member
    Options
    So, everyone is putting Rex in the lead for a 7% turn meter gain? When Boba offers Critical Damage and Critical Chance to everyone? When Sidious offers the same thing (different percentage amount)? 5s offers Defense to everyone (32%), Dooku offers everyone evasion, Phasma has 20% chance to attack for everyone, etc. I just think Rex has a very poor LEADER ability.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    So, everyone is putting Rex in the lead for a 7% turn meter gain? When Boba offers Critical Damage and Critical Chance to everyone? When Sidious offers the same thing (different percentage amount)? 5s offers Defense to everyone (32%), Dooku offers everyone evasion, Phasma has 20% chance to attack for everyone, etc. I just think Rex has a very poor LEADER ability.
    Have you faced them? Your fast Boba critting on his AoE ability block is granting 35% TM to Rex's entire team. This is why Rex is so powerful. It's 7% TM for each toon, to ALL toons. You don't need a lot of speed mods if your team is being gifted 35% TM by the AI dropping AoE bombs constantly.
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    49% of Rank 1 in the SWGOH community are using Rex as a lead...but Mischen says he has a poor leader ability so everyone really just needs to wise up!! ;)

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
  • Options
    The TM gain is much more significant than you think. and it's way way more useful than 5's leader ability. IMO, defense is among the worst leader abilities in the game.

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    The TM gain is much more significant than you think. and it's way way more useful than 5's leader ability. IMO, defense is among the worst leader abilities in the game.

Unless you run Sith Trooper. Then any extra defense is pure trolling.
  • Mischen1
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, I didn't realize it was 7% PER toon, for all allies. So, up to %35 TM for each crit, pretty much a full TM turn after one turn from two opponents.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Rex's leader ability looks terrible on paper.

It is actually quite good in practice.
  • Options
    Rex L tm gain free and all the broken toons in the same team very poor