GW: provide Bonus nodes for long time players

Prev1
Neo2551
1824 posts Member
Since a week, I play my GW on auto from node 1 to 12.

Droids/Empire takes care of everything until node 9. There the two of them can handle node 9. Node 10 and 11 are shared with Rebels, Jedi, and Resistance (Resistance could auto everything) without remodding anyone. Then Node 12 is a joke.

What I desire is some challenge on my daily play: I can beat anyone one offense in arena with a 90% W/L ratio because AI plays randomly (if you want, the community can help you creating smart algorithms).

What would be interesting is to have node 13-15 to be insanely hard with teams that ranks #1 in arena and with stats bumps or without TM avantage from the players. Make the rewards coherent: purple ability mates or G7-8 gear...

Replies

• Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Since a week, I play my GW on auto from node 1 to 12.

Droids/Empire takes care of everything until node 9. There the two of them can handle node 9. Node 10 and 11 are shared with Rebels, Jedi, and Resistance (Resistance could auto everything) without remodding anyone. Then Node 12 is a joke.

What I desire is some challenge on my daily play: I can beat anyone one offense in arena with a 90% W/L ratio because AI plays randomly (if you want, the community can help you creating smart algorithms).

What would be interesting is to have node 13-15 to be insanely hard with teams that ranks #1 in arena and with stats bumps or without TM avantage from the players. Make the rewards coherent: purple ability mates or G7-8 gear...

Since they give an Omega ability mat for node 12 have a zeta for 15.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder what is the drop rate for node twelve Omega :)
  • PixieClock
    110 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh god no. How dull would that be? I'm already bored with meeting GK, chaze, r2 plus either Rex, nihilus, b2 on node 12, every frikking day. The only variance is the fifth team member and it's so so dull that I'm tempted to stop playing it!

And another 3 nodes of the same team would make me quit it altogether
    Post edited by PixieClock on
  • Options
    Lol everyone would have GW node 13-15 broken, but yeah I would love that
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • CoReTeX
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Lol everyone would have GW node 13-15 broken, but yeah I would love that

this probably.
    would be fun though if the bonus nodes allowed for a 6th character, like an ally but from your own roster. double leader fun :D
  • Options
    That would be soooo cool. Rex + Zyn lead... Super OP
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    PixieClock wrote: »
    Oh god no. How dull would that be? I'm already bored with meeting GK, chaze, r2 plus either Rex, nihilus, b2 on node 12, every frikking day. The only variance is the fifth team member and it's so so dull that I'm tempted to stop playing it!

Then you are welcome to quit. Most long time players have 0 challenge in GW.

Devs gave a lot of advantage to players: protection and health regain, TM persistence, worse AI (seriously the AI is even worse in GW), RNG seed persistent across trials.

GW brings 0 challenge!

I am not asking for making more difficult to new players but reall make the last nodes really hard by taking the best comps of the game even with mods buff and make it fun (again).

The first 9 nodes provide a healthy credit income for most players, the last 3 Ives a nice bonus but we should have insanely hard nodes to have some fun and challenge.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to the forums when that happens and players cannot clear GW bonus nodes
  • Options

^^this, granted my node 12 is broken, but still I always ALWAYS get some sort of Rex/Kenobi lead Chaze team on nodes 9,10, or 11. If it's a bad day it's usually 2/3 of those nodes.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »

^^this, granted my node 12 is broken, but still I always ALWAYS get some sort of Rex/Kenobi lead Chaze team on nodes 9,10, or 11. If it's a bad day it's usually 2/3 of those nodes.

Not everyone who ranks first use Rex Chaze Kenobi. They could also sample from old arena meta and buff the mods accordingly.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Agreed. Therr needs to be more challenge. At keast make the AI the same as arena AI. I was excited when I got a Zaul squad with Nihilus on 11, but Nihilus didn't use Drain Force until his fifth turn, and then turn six was still his basic.

Add that to STHan not taunting, Lando and Biggs opening with basic, Leia not stealthing for three turns in a row...it's a joke.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Please, no... I've played for 16 months now, and not once have I ever said to myself, "What I really want is a longer Galactic War."

When I want a challenge I stop using my easy teams. I can do that without forcing everyone else in the game to have an additional 3 nodes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    The whining in this community is terrible. Oh lawd, you guys wouldn't be able to beat it, who cares. Toughen up.

Btw +1 to the OP's idea.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Please, no... I've played for 16 months now, and not once have I ever said to myself, "What I really want is a longer Galactic War."

When I want a challenge I stop using my easy teams. I can do that without forcing everyone else in the game to have an additional 3 nodes.

Do you remember when GW was 2 hours long because you could not afford to lose a single toon? That was hard. Nowadays, GW just takes 10 mins to auto everything.
  • Options
    +1 why would anyone say no to more optional content and rewards?
  • Options
    While I agree I'd like a longer and more challenging GW option, the fact is (and I'm sure I'm not alone here) I don't always have time to do everything EVERY day. Granting huge or rare rewards to those powerful enough to clear these 'bonus' nodes seems imbalanced.
    However, I would like to see a 'heroic' GW option.
    Perhaps you get 1 free token per week, or on HAAT completion, or even bought with GW currency.
    When activated, you get to pay heroic difficulty nodes, with appropriate rewards.
    This could effectively allow us to save play time for the more convenient times of the day/week, and provide the additional challenging content OP is suggesting.
  • Options
    I'd rather have GW shortened to take less then 5 minutes and then have a sandbox to just test out teams with no rewards.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I'd rather have GW shortened to take less then 5 minutes and then have a sandbox to just test out teams with no rewards.

If the choice are exclusive you would have a lot of support. But I think the two of them are not exclusive.
  • Options

Devs gave a lot of advantage to players: protection and health regain, TM persistence, worse AI (seriously the AI is even worse in GW), RNG seed persistent across trials.

GW brings 0 challenge!

I am not asking for making more difficult to new players but reall make the last nodes really hard by taking the best comps of the game even with mods buff and make it fun (again).

The first 9 nodes provide a healthy credit income for most players, the last 3 Ives a nice bonus but we should have insanely hard nodes to have some fun and challenge.

You couldn't be more wrong. I've been playing for over a year, and rarely beat GW. Just today I got an impossible Node 6. GW is broken and doesn't account for synergy at all. It needs fixing, not 3 more nodes that I'll never defeat. That would drive nearly every f2p player away.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

GW brings 0 challenge!

You couldn't be more wrong. I've been playing for over a year, and rarely beat GW. Just today I got an impossible Node 6. GW is broken and doesn't account for synergy at all. It needs fixing, not 3 more nodes that I'll never defeat. That would drive nearly every f2p player away.

There is no such thing as an "impossible node."
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

But but but but...... but money? $$$$$$$$
  • Options

GW brings 0 challenge!

I'm not trying to be mean, but how can you have played this long and not have a team that can beat GW by itself on most days? You are doing something wrong. Are you spreading yourself too thin and not focusing on getting G11 characters?

By 3 or 4 months in I could almost always beat GW. I've been playing since last April and I can't even recall the last time I couldn't finish GW. It's probably been 6 months or so. Since I've started playing I've spent maybe $200-$300 dollars on this game. Considering the time frame that's not much at all. I'm just barely above FTP.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

GW brings 0 challenge!

What world do you live in? Do you have every character maxed and every possible team combination available with all top lvl mods? If you do, then, sure nothing is impossible... for you. I do not have that.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

GW brings 0 challenge!

What world do you live in? Do you have every character maxed and every possible team combination available with all top lvl mods? If you do, then, sure nothing is impossible... for you. I do not have that.

Man, suck it up and build a competent enough team to beat gw.

There are plenty of teams that can roll through the whole thing.
    - Jedi
    - Sith
    - Rebels
    - Resistance
    - First Order
    - hybrids, etc.

If you cant beat gw, it isnt the games fault, its yours.
  • Options

GW brings 0 challenge!

I'm not trying to be mean, but how can you have played this long and not have a team that can beat GW by itself on most days? You are doing something wrong. Are you spreading yourself too thin and not focusing on getting G11 characters?

By 3 or 4 months in I could almost always beat GW. I've been playing since last April and I can't even recall the last time I couldn't finish GW. It's probably been 6 months or so. Since I've started playing I've spent maybe $200-$300 dollars on this game. Considering the time frame that's not much at all. I'm just barely above FTP.

No one agrees on how to beat GW. One person will say, "build 2-3 teams that you can throw at it." Another will say, "oh, well I have one team that autos it and it's boring." The problem is that I slowly built a team I liked initially (Jedi), and then the meta shifted violently away from them 2-3 times. Once the devs started to really incorporate synergy, and anti-Jedi abilities, my team wasn't close to good enough. I run a fast zQGJ team that can beat most of it most days, but my next best team is a much weaker rebel team. Today's Node 6, a higher powered zMaul Sith team. I have nothing that can go against him.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    EA needs to give me 100 Chewbacca shards for free because GW is a piece of cake.

Naw, I hope they make GW 10 times harder so everyone can stop flexing.

c95830d90bed697fd11b72e6fb07a2ed353799b0_hq.gif
  • Options

GW brings 0 challenge!

Man, suck it up and build a competent enough team to beat gw.

There are plenty of teams that can roll through the whole thing.
    - Jedi
    - Sith
    - Rebels
    - Resistance
    - First Order
    - hybrids, etc.

If you cant beat gw, it isnt the games fault, its yours.

Save your "git gud" comments. They aren't productive.
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder what is the drop rate for node twelve Omega :)

By my numbers, 1/10
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    This is how I started and ended my gw today:

2qd041z.jpg

I'd love bonus nodes (playing since dec 2015)