Double Drop Timer regional issue [Dev Responce]

Prev1
xodiack
80 posts Member
edited June 2017
hi CG. EA and all other people related to this game.
first of I would like to say I don't condone bad manners as well as having a unconstructive way of criticizing so I hope that we can keep this civilized

I really think it's great that you made double drops and thank you for that but me as well as a lot of other people don't get this advantage (at least the first day of the event) because we use our refreshes when reset happens. I would really appreciate you taking this into consideration next time you choose to do this because it is really a shame that we miss a whole day's event because of our timezones.
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Options
    That's so you spend more crystals doing the higher refreshes lol
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    That's so you spend more crystals doing the higher refreshes lol

wether it's true or not I hope this shows that we don't like that and hopefully it will make them do it right next time :)

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Possibly a little more of a notice would be highly appreciated, even if it's just a day or 2 before the event would be better than the way it was released this time.
  • Options
    Jesus, not to backseat mod or anything, but couldn't you have fit this into any of the 27 other threads concerning this exact same complaint?

All these dozen threads are doing is creating more work for people who had nothing to do with the decision.
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Jesus, not to backseat mod or anything, but couldn't you have fit this into any of the 27 other threads concerning this exact same complaint?

All these dozen threads are doing is creating more work for people who had nothing to do with the decision.

that is true but I don't want to join threads with people loosing their situation and bashing left, right and center. I want them to know that the double drops are appreciated but they need to make them work for everyone. maybe I'm not justified doing my own thread instead of joining others but this is the reason :)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    This has been noted,

The time zone issue is the reason and not a grand conspiracy of the imperial order! But frustrations are not unseen and an offical technical may be able to be announced (reason or fix) but until then , the frustration is not unknown but appreciate engaging process on this post.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    This has been noted,

The time zone issue is the reason and not a grand conspiracy of the imperial order! But frustrations are not unseen and an offical technical may be able to be announced (reason or fix) but until then , the frustration is not unknown but appreciate engaging process on this post.

awesome that is all I want! :)
  • Options
    xodiack wrote: »
    first of I would like to say I don't condone bad manners as well as having a unconstructive way of criticizing so I hope that we can keep this civilized

I really think it's great that you made double drops and thank you for that but me as well as a lot of other people don't get this advantage (at least the first day of the event) because we use our refreshes when reset happens. I would really appreciate you taking this into consideration next time you choose to do this because it is really a shame that we miss a whole day's event because of our timezones.

Howdy @xodiack ,

Thanks for the support and great feedback. I'll make sure our design and marketing team get this information about your experience which, as you note, affects a great deal of our players. I cannot promise changes, but we're always looking to improve the game experience. I hope we can incorporate a solution to expand the players able to enjoy the timed events as you note above.

Fight on Holotable Hero!

RyDiggs
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    ....but I don't want to join threads with people loosing their situation and bashing left, right and center. I want them to know that the double drops are appreciated but they need to make them work for everyone. maybe I'm not justified doing my own thread instead of joining others but this is the reason :)

I don't at all disagree with you, I think x2 drops turning on at daily reset like EST(my timezone) is the fairest way to do it for all.

However, unless we all get at least a full 24hrs of advanced notice(also time zone dependent), the first timezone still gets a worse deal. Everyone after that initial zone gets a heads up to buy as many refreshes as you can stomach a couple minutes before your daily reset.

I believe this was a snap decision to make up for earlier planned week long x2 drops being drastically shortened, and also to give players a better chance to get Phoenix starred/geared before final Flash event tomorrow. Not every last minute choice can be conveyed or implemented to everyone with perfect fairness, and I for one will happily take bonus stuff even if I'm not able to min/max the system for maximum benefit as much as I'd like.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Howdy @xodiack ,

Thanks for the support and great feedback. I'll make sure our design and marketing team get this information about your experience which, as you note, affects a great deal of our players. I cannot promise changes, but we're always looking to improve the game experience. I hope we can incorporate a solution to expand the players able to enjoy the timed events as you note above.

Fight on Holotable Hero!

RyDiggs

@CG_RyDiggs thanks for the consideration. It's not even a problem of programming. It's simply a case of giving people a 24hr heads up. So instead of announcing events the minute they start, announcing then a day earlier. That's all it takes.
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Howdy @xodiack ,

Fight on Holotable Hero!

RyDiggs

thank you so much for a direct response I really appreciate it! :)
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    ....but I don't want to join threads with people loosing their situation and bashing left, right and center. I want them to know that the double drops are appreciated but they need to make them work for everyone. maybe I'm not justified doing my own thread instead of joining others but this is the reason :)

I don't at all disagree with you, I think x2 drops turning on at daily reset like EST(my timezone) is the fairest way to do it for all.

However, unless we all get at least a full 24hrs of advanced notice(also time zone dependent), the first timezone still gets a worse deal. Everyone after that initial zone gets a heads up to buy as many refreshes as you can stomach a couple minutes before your daily reset.

I believe this was a snap decision to make up for earlier planned week long x2 drops being drastically shortened, and also to give players a better chance to get Phoenix starred/geared before final Flash event tomorrow. Not every last minute choice can be conveyed or implemented to everyone with perfect fairness, and I for one will happily take bonus stuff even if I'm not able to min/max the system for maximum benefit as much as I'd like.

problem is I watched a couple clone wars episodes while playing at reset so I did everything and my job does so that I cannot take small breaks to collect energy and such so that's unfortunately for me and a lot of others and I just want to voice my opinion in a constructive manner in hopes that I atleast get heard and maybe fix it for the next time it happens :)
  • Options
    Have I missed the point here..

When we had the Phoenix double drop event a few weeks ago it was fixed. Double drops came in on 0000hrs in your own time zone didn't it? Then at the following midnight it swapped from LS to de etc. I remember us complimenting the devs on fixing it so those on the USA west coast didn't miss out.

Life is repeating, the devs have had his feedback and fixed it. And now gone back to launching it badly..
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options

When we had the Phoenix double drop event a few weeks ago it was fixed. Double drops came in on 0000hrs in your own time zone didn't it? Then at the following midnight it swapped from LS to de etc. I remember us complimenting the devs on fixing it so those on the USA west coast didn't miss out.

Life is repeating, the devs have had his feedback and fixed it. And now gone back to launching it badly..

what happened is unfortunate but now we have made it clear so hopefully it wont happen next time :)
  • Options

what happened is unfortunate but now we have made it clear so hopefully it wont happen next time :)

It's not unfortunate, it was a heavy handed poor roll out.

Forum users feedback was clear last time and acted upon and it has happened again.

However, I respect your optimism
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options

Forum users feedback was clear last time and acted upon and it has happened again.

I agree with you but I really want to make my threads not hatish as I want the devs as well as mods to know that whenever I make a post I don't condome bad behavior as well as unconstructive criticism and thank you so much for respecting the optimism haha the light is allways greener :)
  • Options

I agree with you but I really want to make my threads not hatish as I want the devs as well as mods to know that whenever I make a post I don't condome bad behavior as well as unconstructive criticism and thank you so much for respecting the optimism haha the light is allways greener :)

Ok lol, I didn't wanna kill you buzz
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options

Ok lol, I didn't wanna kill you buzz

you didn't haha I'm happy you joined in trooper! :)
  • Options
    I'm not Joining in on your EA love in! But respect you're free-love movement :)
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not Joining in on your EA love in! But respect you're free-love movement :)

I meant joining my thread trooper :)
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Just to get this thread back to being constructive:
    - a 24 hour notice and starting the event at EST would be a quick fix, while;
    - a 24 hour notice and starting the event at daily reset would be the optimal.

Not giving an early heads-up while starting the event at daily reset would create inequality as those with later timezones could better prepare themselves based on feedback from holotable heroes from Asia/Oceania
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    Options
    ARO wrote: »

Not giving an early heads-up while starting the event at daily reset would create inequality as those with later timezones could better prepare themselves based on feedback from holotable heroes from Asia/Oceania

yes and I hope we can have it start with the reset but a fix or a 24 hour notice would be great until that can be pulled off :)
  • Options
    ARO wrote: »

I agree 24 hours notice and the event starting at daily reset would be great.

Why they didn't wait half a day longer to start the double drops is a strange decision. We didn't know anything about them so waiting to launch them a little while effects no one. Everyone would have been praising the devs and would not be unhappy about losing a days worth of double drops.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I appreciate that there is some feedback on time zones and double drops, and I hope there will be more than just a "deal with it, we are not sure if we can make it fair for everyone".
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • Options
    So does the 2x drops end on the 30th, midnight tonight 29th or midnight on the 30th?

I know what I think 'through' means, but I don't know what the devs think 'through' means.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Only yourself to blame you should be using refreshes after guild reset, not before hand. Your a day behind on your 600
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    So does the 2x drops end on the 30th, midnight tonight 29th or midnight on the 30th?

I know what I think 'through' means, but I don't know what the devs think 'through' means.

There's a countdown timer under the 2x icon on the right side of your main game screen. I'd imagine that's an indication of when the double drops ends.
  • Options
    Would be nice to get an in-game notification 24 hrs in advance, too. Not for nothing but I'd rather not have to forum crawl to find out about an event.
  • Options
    Don't complain too much, they might just let RNG decide when things will start. Why not? That would give them a perfect reason to communicate even less with the player base.
    Us: "Why didn't we get notice?"
    Them: "It's all RNG, so even we don't know."
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Byakuya wrote: »
    Only yourself to blame you should be using refreshes after guild reset, not before hand. Your a day behind on your 600

Glad I don't have your brain. Not even going to explain why.